Sunday 4th July 2010 2.00pm
Manuka Oval

Ladder
Team|Wins|Losses|Draws|Points|For|Against|Percenta ge
Reserves|8|1|1|34|1247|827|150.79%
Belconnen|6|4|0|24|790|814|97.05%
Ainslie|5|4|1|22|916|842|108.79%
Queanbeyan|4|6|0|16|888|1047|84.81%
{colsp=8}------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eastlake|3|7|0|12|904|878|102.96%
Tuggeranong|3|7|0|12|843|1180|71.44%

Past Meetings
R1 Reserves 20.8 (128) defeated Belconnen 9.12 (66)

The Reserves were impressive in thrashing the defending premiers in Round 1. That victory halted a shocking record of 8 losses in 9 games against the Magpies. Sam Reid kicked 5, while Campbell Heath, Nick Smith and Matthew O'Dwyer were amongst the best Swans players that day.

R6 Belconnen 8.6 (54) defeated by Reserves 18.9 (117)

The Reserves led from start to finish, and their performance was hailed by coach Frosty McPherson as their best performance in 2 years. Trent Dennis-Lane finished with 7 majors at the end of the game, while Sam Reid was named BOG after a impressive stint in defence. He was ably supported by Matthew O'Dwyer and Dylan McNeil.

R1 Belconnen 16.14 (110) defeated Reserves 10.5 (65)
R6 Belconnen 26.18 (174) defeated Reserves 12.12 (84)
R11 Belconnen 24.13 (157) defeated Reserves 6.12 48
R16 Reserves 10.15 (75) defeated by Belconnen 12.19 (91)

Recent Form
Reserves - WDWWW
Belconnen - LWWWL

Last Round
Reserves 30.14 (194) defeated Queanbeyan 8.14 (62)
In an impressive display harking back to the halcyon days of 05/06, the Reserves were too good for a disappointing Tigers outfit. Dennis-Lane collected his second 7-goal haul for the season, ably supported by Henry Playfair's 5 and top-up player Eugene Kruger's 4. Not surprisingly, Dennis-Lane was the Swans best player on the day, ahead of Pat Veszpremi and Brett Meredith.

Belconnen 6.9 (45) defeated by Tuggeranong 10.9 (69)
In one the biggest upsets this season, the bottom placed Hawks stormed Manuka Oval and emerged victorious after an impressive defensive performance against the reigning premiers.

Team List
Listed players

7. Brett Meredith (Senior emergency)
10. Daniel Currie
13. Pat Veszpremi
16. Gary Rohan
18. Jesse White
20. Sam Reid
22. Byron Sumner
23. Lewis Johnston
25. Ted Richards (Senior emergency)
27. Kristin Thornton
32. Lewis Jetta
36. Chris McKaigue
43. Matthew O'Dwyer
45. Nathan Gordon
46. Taylor Gilchrist

In: Rohan (Senior demotion), White (Senior demotion), Reid (rest?) Jetta (Senior demotion), Gilchrist (rest?)
Out: Trent Dennis-Lane (Senior promotion), Henry Playfair (Senior promotion), Dylan McNeil (rest?), Jarred Moore (Senior promotion), Campbell Heath (injured/rest?)

Unaccounted for: Ed Barlow, Dylan McNeil, Campbell Heath. Not named in the seniors or reserves and not on the official injury list.:confused:

15 listed players, 8 of whom have played at senior level. Barlow is missing for the second straight week with no explanation. The inclusions of Rohan, Jetta and Gilchrist give this side a very quick look.

Scholarship Players

52. Mitch May

In: May
Out: Jack Lynch, Jackson Potter

Top ups

54. Hayden Armstrong (Eastlake)
53. Daniel Dickerson (Eastlake)
49. Taylor Lee (Queanbeyan)
47. Benjamin McCrorey (Tuggeranong)
51. Etiosa Okunbor (East Coast)
48. James Willoughby (Tuggeranong)
50. Shannon Winmar (Queanbeyan)

Okunbor's 3rd appearance, Dickerson's and McCrorey's 2nd of the season

Reserves leading goalkickers

Trent Dennis-Lane 33
Lewis Johnston 23
Henry Playfair 20

For full list: 2010 Goalkickers - RWOwiki (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/../wiki/index.php?title=2010_Goalkickers)

Reserves leading votegetters

Dylan McNeil 30
Daniel Currie 26
Matthew O'Dwyer 25

For full list: 2010 Best votes - RWOwiki (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/../wiki/index.php?title=2010_Best_votes)

Belconnen
Belconnen are sorely missing star forward Andrew Ainger, out with a broken leg. They have struggled to kick goals in his absence. In 4 of the past 5 games since his injury, Belconnen have posted 8 goals or lower but have managed to hang on to win 3 of those games.

Talking points

Jetta - Can the goalkicking yips finally be cured ?
White - Pressure is on, can he kick enough goals to get back into the side?
Veszpremi - Named as 2nd BOG last week and yet made way in the 25 man squad. Puzzling.
Johnston - A subdued performance last week, but with Playfair back in the senior lineup, he will probably regain the status as a key forward target.
Meredith - Surprisingly leapfrogged Veszpremi into an emergency spot, but has quietly built up a month of solid form, being named in the best in 3 of the past 4 matches.

ugg
2nd July 2010, 04:50 PM
Just updated the list, White has now been named but McNeil withdrawn.

EDIT: Updated again, removing TDL from the list.

EDIT #2: Removed Campbell Heath from the list, added numbers for May and topups.

3rd July 2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks Ugg for your fabulous reserves insight each week,really appreciated. I really miss not being able to watch the ressies, as this is where our future lies. That's the lot of the interstate supporter :-(

hammo
3rd July 2010, 01:27 AM
If anyone can explain why Vesz is playing in Canberra this week please let us know?

liz
3rd July 2010, 01:45 AM
If anyone can explain why Vesz is playing in Canberra this week please let us know?

I hope the answer is that he appeared to get a bit of a knock in the leg / groin area last week in the final term. If he hasn't quite got over it, maybe they think it is better he play reserves until he is properly fit.

But who really knows!!

Primmy
3rd July 2010, 08:43 AM
I see Keiran Emery didn't get a gig this week, he has had a call up almost every game up to now. Lots of almost untried toppies brought in, which is a great experience for them.

Probably evening up the balance with the senior extras coming in.

I guess Ves didn't get a senior gig due to balance. We will have a couple of seniors finishing up next year so there may be more room.
I am predicting Jesse has a blinder; he has a lot more confidence in ressies than in seniors. this is not good.

Glad to see Reid back (ugg, if you are watching the game could you keep a weather eye out on this guy? I rate him)
Anyone game enough to weather the weather in Canberra?

Bas
3rd July 2010, 08:49 AM
I see Keiran Emery didn't get a gig this week, he has had a call up almost every game up to now.

Dare I say, he's been rubbed.

Primmy
3rd July 2010, 08:50 AM
Waayyy tooo early in the morning......shame on you.

ugg
4th July 2010, 05:59 PM
Swans by 24.

Could be some injuries in the ressies too. Wait and see.

mcs
4th July 2010, 06:01 PM
Injuries won't matter for the reserves, there were plenty of first team players putting their hand up for a spell down here in Canberra. Could frankly send the whole lot of them almost after today's debacle.

ugg
4th July 2010, 06:08 PM
Belconnen 11.7 Swans 14.13

BELCONNEN MAGPIES
Goal Kickers: L. JEFFREY 4, J. HODDER , B. Joyce , C. YORK , S. COATE , J. JENNINGS , M. VINEY , M. RICE
Best Players: J. JENNINGS, A. WHITTARD, L. JEFFREY, G. Underwood, B. TALSMA, R. McAlister

SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers: G. ROHAN 3, L. JOHNSTON 2, T. LEE 2, H. ARMSTRONG , J. WHITE , B. SUMNER , L. JETTA , K. THORNTON , C. MCKAIGUE , D. DICKERSON
Best Players: L. JOHNSTON, T. RICHARDS, B. MEREDITH, S. REID, N. GORDON, C. MCKAIGUE

Woo Jetta kicked a goal!

Over on BF, they're saying Jesse White's done a shoulder :(

hammo
4th July 2010, 06:12 PM
Looks like Ted will get a recall :rolleyes:

Did Veszpremi play?

Robbo
4th July 2010, 06:12 PM
Get Johnstone to the CHF in the firsts and move Goodes back to the midfield. Drop one of the one paced midfielders.

ugg
4th July 2010, 06:13 PM
Looks like Ted will get a recall :rolleyes:

Did Veszpremi play?

If Mattner is out then Ted will probably replace him, North have some tall forwards.

Yes Veszpremi is listed on the results page.

UglyDuckling
4th July 2010, 08:47 PM
hopefully this means johnston gets a call up for a debut if bradshaw still isnt fit

Bas
4th July 2010, 09:22 PM
Match Results (http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=89640591&c=1-1051-0-105412-0&pool=1)

On bug footy posting the following injuries:

O'Dwyer - AC joint
White - shoulder injury but came back on
Thornton - again, not sure still searching for more information. - hamsprung

aardvark
5th July 2010, 12:21 AM
Is this the ressies thread??

liz
5th July 2010, 12:53 AM
Is this the ressies thread??

'Tis now.

Tangential discussion moved to its own thread. Should be obvious which one...

Primmy
5th July 2010, 08:39 AM
Oh dear poor MOD. As for Krisso, its just no fair, bad as Jamesy.

How did Reid go?

ugg
5th July 2010, 12:09 PM
Reserves hold on for win - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/tabid/7106/default.aspx?newsid=97477)

Kristin Thornton left the ground in the first quarter with a back and hamstring complaint and did not return, while Brett Meredith, Matthew O?Dwyer and Jesse White all suffered shoulder injuries.
Yikes!

And there were celebrations when Lewis Jetta kicked the final goal of the term, from 50 metres on the runlol

Jesse Richards
5th July 2010, 03:15 PM
Match Results (http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=89640591&c=1-1051-0-105412-0&pool=1)

On bug footy posting the following injuries:

O'Dwyer - AC joint
White - shoulder injury but came back on
Thornton - again, not sure still searching for more information. - hamsprung

Hi Bas. Where did you get the info that White came back on? I was at the game and am 99% sure that he didn't. Thought I saw him across the field but it turned out to be No. 53 (Damiel Dickerson) who looks very similar in height and build. Thanks. Jess

Primmy
5th July 2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Bas. Where did you get the info that White came back on? I was at the game and am 99% sure that he didn't. Thought I saw him across the field but it turned out to be No. 53 (Damiel Dickerson) who looks very similar in height and build. Thanks. Jess

I think we could be quite confident that if Bas got this from Big Footy, then it will be wrong. they know nothing about any game outside victoria.

I understand it was Meredith who came back on. Number 7. So I assume you are right Other Jesse.

ugg
7th July 2010, 06:03 PM
Lewis Jetta's goal curse is no more. Dropped from Sydney's AFL side after kicking 15 behinds in 12 appearances in his debut season, the 21-year old midfielder nailed his first in the red and white at Manuka Oval on Sunday.
Jetta broke his duck with a 40m snap in the Swans' 24-point win over the Belconnen Magpies - 14.13.97 to 11.7.73.More at:

AFLC (http://www.seeyouatthefooty.com.au/detaile-desc.php?nid=106)

With the green boots!

Bloody Hell
7th July 2010, 06:11 PM
More at:

AFLC (http://www.seeyouatthefooty.com.au/detaile-desc.php?nid=106)

With the green boots!

A 40m snap...!!!

Bas
7th July 2010, 06:14 PM

Off BF but he looked OK at the Swans clinic today. However he didn't have to move much.