PDA

View Full Version : Recycled players and getting dropped

hammo
4th July 2010, 07:40 PM
Apart from Turnover Ted (and Nick Davis), what other recycled players have been dropped for reasons other than injury?

I'm not pointing fingers necessarily but it seems if you get picked up at the airport by Paul Roos you are guaranteed a spot in the 22.

ugg
4th July 2010, 07:51 PM
Torture Chambers
David Spriggs
Luke Brennan
Amon Buchanan (we re-drafted him)
Nick Daffy?

hammo
4th July 2010, 08:00 PM
Torture Chambers
David Spriggs
Luke Brennan
Amon Buchanan (we re-drafted him)
Nick Daffy?
True, but apart from Chambers I think we took all those players in the draft rather than trades.

I just find it interesting that Roos is quick to drop players like Rohan and Veszpremi back to the reserves but guys like Shaw (and others) have a lock on a position.

A lot is made of Roos' success at bringing in players from other clubs, but how much of that is due to them knowing they'll get a decent run? When Kennedy was recruited I think he said he was told 'he'd be in the 22'. Maybe some of our young draftees could benefit from the same sort of confidence being shown in them.

ugg
4th July 2010, 08:03 PM
I took recycled to mean having played at other clubs.

Midfield
4th July 2010, 11:06 PM
I took recycled to mean having played at other clubs.

You cant be recycled if your other club was the geelong falcons?

Damien
4th July 2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not pointing fingers necessarily but it seems if you get picked up at the airport by Paul Roos you are guaranteed a spot in the 22.

Well, not quite a guarantee but Roos has said that the recruiting selling point of Sydney is "We want you, here is how much and you are in our best 22 and it's yours to lose".

I do think Roosy is pretty stubborn in terms of Football, so if he has a vision of something working, he doesn't seem to give up until it works or all is lost.

ernie koala
4th July 2010, 11:19 PM
I do think Roosy is pretty stubborn in terms of Football, so if he has a vision of something working, he doesn't seem to give up until it works or all is lost.

Yeah, completely agree with this observation.