PDA

View Full Version : A good sign?

Go Swannies
16th July 2010, 01:47 PM
Before we played the Pies we couldn't pick up the paper without reading how the Swans were ready to conquer the voodoo, yadda, yadda, yadda. This week we have another must win game and there's little new in the papers or online. Instead of talking big then capitulating maybe, just maybe, the Swans are being low key and letting the game itself speak for them?

On the other hand, how much pressure is there on the Blues after last week? They have copped heaps. It would seem that the start of the game is going to be all important - if they get on top, we'll be in heaps of trouble. But if we lock and rebound then they may crumble again.

I want this win so much I can taste it. I haven't been to a Swans away game since that loss to the Blues last year and I had to deal with both the disappointing loss and the annoying hard time from good friends who are Blues fanatics.

Whether TDL or Meredith misses out, it won't be on form. I'll rely on the selectors to get the match up right as I can't decide if I want TDL up front and finally getting his kicking boots on or Merry adding his extra class to the midfield.

Go Swannies!

hammo
16th July 2010, 01:50 PM
Usually when a Melbourne team is under the pump in the media they come out and have a blinder. Put your hard earned on Carlton and Essendon this week.

Go Swannies
16th July 2010, 04:02 PM
Usually when a Melbourne team is under the pump in the media they come out and have a blinder. Put your hard earned on Carlton and Essendon this week.

But the mark of the Swans under Roos has been to lift when they are underdogs. And from expert tipping and the odds they are definitely underdogs.

And how about the Power to lift under their new coach? Are they a cert?

Plugger46
16th July 2010, 04:26 PM
But the mark of the Swans under Roos has been to lift when they are underdogs. And from expert tipping and the odds they are definitely underdogs.

It was in the early days but not recently. Our record against teams above us over the last three years has been very ordinary.

Melbourne_Blood
16th July 2010, 04:29 PM
Luckily Cartlon are below us, meaning we should win ;)

RogueSwan
16th July 2010, 04:36 PM

Essendon have been under the pump for weeks. It is just lucky for them that they play the Budgies this week.

Plugger46
16th July 2010, 04:41 PM

Ah, I forgot about that!

Go Swannies
16th July 2010, 04:51 PM

So we never should have fallen from the top of the ladder after R5? Every team was an easybeat below us back in those halcyon days.

Bas
16th July 2010, 06:21 PM

Swans have a simple rule. They lose to teams in the top 8 and anyone below them. Double whammy this week.