PDA

View Full Version : What it your favourite Swans item / memorabilia?

goswannies
23rd July 2010, 07:02 PM
Many footy fans collect the stuff. What is/are your favourite item(s) in your Swans collection, why and where did you get it/them?

Matt79
23rd July 2010, 07:17 PM
I have a 1933 Swans Premiership WEG poster. Got about 15 years ago from a gentleman who was apparently one of Weg's best mates.

swansrock4eva
23rd July 2010, 07:28 PM
My fave "memorabilia" would have to be my photo album from the 2005 grand final events! Starting from the drive down and the Parade, finishing at the tickertape parade through the city - some amazing memories! :)

As to actual merchandise etc... Probably one of Tadhg's 2001 guernseys friends gave me for my 18th birthday :) or the #4 guernsey I won in 1997 in a 50c "guess the number of lollies in the jar" competition - got it signed by Plugger and Rocket somewhere along the line. Both guernseys live with the mother in Sydney though :(

Lucky Knickers
23rd July 2010, 08:15 PM
Lucky Knickers

satchmopugdog
23rd July 2010, 09:26 PM
My 2005 Grand Final ticket

Other than that a framed photo of Kelly taking a mark over Glen Archer..that has A greeting from Kel on the back. I wake up to it every morning.

goswannie14
23rd July 2010, 09:32 PM
I have a framed 2005 WEG poster with my ticket mounted at the bottom. I have a premiership jumper too, but I need to get Roos and Halls sigs on it, then get it framed.

Cardinal
23rd July 2010, 09:49 PM
My favourite item is my framed jersey signed by the entire 1996 grand final team but my lucky red and white striped gloves with the footy pads are a close second.

cruiser
23rd July 2010, 10:35 PM
2005 Finals DVD set.

teddys mum
23rd July 2010, 11:40 PM
Team photo from this year's squad - with me sitting between Kirk and Roos.

(part of the member get member prize)

Primmy
23rd July 2010, 11:55 PM
I have two. Stuey's boot. Door prize at first Trivia Night signed by Stuart Maxfield (Captain) and Adam Goodes (Brownlowist), its a white and red puma mounted on a plinth. I love it. My number was picked out by my gorgeous Mathew Nicks.

A great big get well card taken to the Barassi Barbeque in March 1999 (I was in hospital after doing unspeakable things to my ankle in an accident), signed by Greg Stafford, Wayne Schwas, Stuart Maxfield, Mathew Nicks, Troy Luff, Jason Saddington, Rodney Eade, Michael O'Loughlin, Rowan Wharfe, Brad Seymour, Tony Lockett, Darren Cresswell, Danny McPherson and Paul Kelly with get well messages. It is framed and hanging in my office. My friend did a great thing and I treasure it. (also signed by Scott Russell...).

Dancing on the inside.

aardvark
24th July 2010, 12:05 AM
I have a copy of "The Record" Sept 4 1971 which was the local paper for Sth and Port Melbourne which contains a 2 page article on Bob Skilton regarding his retirement. It has a rundown of every year of his career.

swansrob
24th July 2010, 04:17 AM
"Heritage Round" shoes that I bought from Dimmey's for $9.99

goswannie14
24th July 2010, 07:27 AM
"Heritage Round" shoes that I bought from Dimmey's for $9.99I got mine for $5.00. Must have been a few weeks after you got yours.

Nico
24th July 2010, 09:21 AM
South Melbourne mirror with the Swan on it that I found in a Bordertown furniture store for $35 in 1986. Had a bit of time to kill and strolled into this store, spotted some footy stuff up the back, and there it was. Snapped it up immediately. I could not believe my luck.

Also have a framed photo of Teaser taking a hanger at Arden St when we got up and made the finals in 1977.

ernie koala
24th July 2010, 11:38 AM
An old rusted metal plaque which reads :
WINNING IN STYLE -
(South Melbourne Football club emblem under)
PREMIERSHIP WINNERS
1909, 1918, 1933

I just need to add '2005' and leave space for more!

mcs
24th July 2010, 12:38 PM
I don't have so much swannies memorabilia as such yet, but I do have the official print of the 05 Grand final which always makes me smile- but my fav is the Tony Lockett 1300 goal print that I have- got it for an absolute steal price wise as well :)

Nthblood
24th July 2010, 06:48 PM
My prized item is a framed orginal Sporting globe report of the 1933 Grand Final win, a close second is my footy card selection, I must have about 90% of the South Melbourne/Sydney Swans cards from 1904 - 2010.

Tooth Fairy
24th July 2010, 10:45 PM
South Melbourne mirror with the Swan on it that I found in a Bordertown furniture store for $35 in 1986. Had a bit of time to kill and strolled into this store, spotted some footy stuff up the back, and there it was. Snapped it up immediately. I could not believe my luck.

Also have a framed photo of Teaser taking a hanger at Arden St when we got up and made the finals in 1977.

I do believe I have the same mirror

chuckie
24th July 2010, 11:30 PM
I was lucky growing up, my father was one of the trainers at South so I have great memories of being in the rooms with all the players, having a kick with them at training a lot of autographs and photos. The 1961 under 19's grand final team photo taken before the game I was 2 years old and I was suppose to be in it standing next to my dad but the train with my mum, sisters, brother and myself on was running late and I missed out. I saw an old player of the late 60's early 70's at the Richmond game Tony Haenan who I was lucky enough to play with at Port years later.
When they started demolishing the Lake Oval I grab a few things from the ground, I have the old line marker in my garden, signs and numbers from the scoreboard, a light from the light towers and fence palings and a few other bits and pieces. This year I was able to sneak into the underneath bar and old change rooms under the old grandstand there wasn't much in there but I was still able to find a couple of little things. I am hoping to get a row of seats out of the grandstand and set them up in my front yard.
By the way the trains are still running late.

goswannies
25th July 2010, 12:47 AM
For me, I love my Swans neck-ties. I have 18 different ones. If anyone has any they want to sell me, I'd always be interested. please PM me.
I have a piece of paper that I'm very fond of signed by 18 players of the Swans 1934 side (including Pratt, Nash and H.Matthews Snr). Always on the look out for Swans autographs too :)
And a pair of Plugger's match worn boots, signed on the toe of each boot (that were given to a team-mate of Lockett's after the team-mate's last game with the Swans).

goswannie14
25th July 2010, 08:40 AM
Also have a framed photo of Teaser taking a hanger at Arden St when we got up and made the finals in 1977.If you are ever passing through Charlton (Teasers hometown) one of the motels has a life size copy of that on the foyer wall.

31 hard at it
25th July 2010, 11:15 AM
Chuckie, the grandstand is still there.... just -as I drove past late last night it brought back many memories.
They say it will be restored but it is looking in very poor condition and all fenced off.

My fav piece is my 2005 premiership scarf :
1) Because it reminds me of a great day and
2) Because it can be worn on a day like today to the footy.
The G can be a cold place on an overcast Sunday afternoon.