PDA

View Full Version : Swans Focus Groups over next week

Bas
28th July 2010, 02:32 PM
Is there anyone else from here attending one of these sessions? I'm attending next Tuesday night as it was transferred from tonight.

The purpose of the group is for the Club to give feedback from members such as seating, ticketing, catering, membership prices etc.

So if anyone has any issues that they would like to go to the Club, please post them here and I'll take them with me.

PS. Team selection issues I don't think will be on the agenda.

Mr Magoo
28th July 2010, 02:36 PM
Surely you gotta ask about Vez ,if only to cut down the number of posts on here by at least 25%.

Nich
28th July 2010, 02:43 PM
Where do we stand with a contract with ANZ Stadium? I would prefer that Sydney Swans played every home game at the SCG and moved away from shifting big matches to Homebush. Obviously it's a money thing but I just don't think we should persist with it.

AnnieH
28th July 2010, 02:45 PM
Where do we stand with a contract with ANZ Stadium? I would prefer that Sydney Swans played every home game at the SCG and moved away from shifting big matches to Homebush. Obviously it's a money thing but I just don't think we should persist with it.

From my foggy memory banks, I think our contract runs out next year with ANZ.
The blacktown bogans are penned in for their "blockbusters" after that.

I was pencilled in for tonight's group. As they only let me know late last night, virtually impossible to attend; but I've got an email for next Tuesday's group ... so I gotta get organised!!

Jewels
28th July 2010, 02:45 PM
Is there anyone else from here attending one of these sessions? I'm attending next Tuesday night as it was transferred from tonight.

The purpose of the group is for the Club to give feedback from members such as seating, ticketing, catering, membership prices etc.

So if anyone has any issues that they would like to go to the Club, please post them here and I'll take them with me.

Don't know if it's quite the place to ask, but if possible could you find out where Red Zone members will be seated at the SCG whilst the renovations are being done on the Noble?

hammo
28th July 2010, 03:00 PM
Surely you gotta ask about Vez ,if only to cut down the number of posts on here by at least 25%.
Here's how to make it a membership issue. The club is big on using big names to boost membership yet a proven crowd favourite and the most exciting player on the list since Nick Davis can't get a game in the seniors

Nich
28th July 2010, 03:05 PM
Here's how to make it a membership issue. The club is big on using big names to boost membership yet a proven crowd favourite and the most exciting player on the list since Nick Davis can't get a game in the seniors

Nice try Hammo : )

Go Swannies
28th July 2010, 03:27 PM

Do you get bonus double double scores for getting Vez and Nicky D in the one posting?

Jesse Richards
28th July 2010, 03:41 PM
a proven crowd favourite and the most exciting player on the list since Nick Davis can't get a game in the seniors

Having watched 9 Reserves games this year I am pretty sure that Vez is not the most exciting player on our list. Far from it. One of the most frustrating, maybe. His reputed popularity is based on wishful thinking, not on what happens on the field week after week. And he did get a game in the seniors this year - Round 12 v Port, I think it was. It would be pretty stupid using someone as the face of the club to get memberships when he has played only one game this year.

Bas
28th July 2010, 06:31 PM
Don't know if it's quite the place to ask, but if possible could you find out where Red Zone members will be seated at the SCG whilst the renovations are being done on the Noble?

I have to scan my memory banks for where I read it but I'm sure that Red Zone members will be sitting in the Trumper Stand during renovations. When I saw it, I nearly posted on here but thought that Red Zone probably already knew.

erica
28th July 2010, 07:30 PM
Can you tell them that Full Blooded members (who have been full members since 1995) with Platinum seats don't expect to sit in seats at ANZ Stadium surrounded by opposition supporters who have tickets they bought just for one particular game. Especially when they are Collingwood supporters. Member services weren't interested when I phoned to ask for seat changes earlier in the year.

liz
28th July 2010, 07:43 PM
Can you tell them that Full Blooded members (who have been full members since 1995) with Platinum seats don't expect to sit in seats at ANZ Stadium surrounded by opposition supporters who have tickets they bought just for one particular game. Especially when they are Collingwood supporters. Member services weren't interested when I phoned to ask for seat changes earlier in the year.

To be half fair to the club (and ANZ Stadium), seats that are not occupied by members can be expected to be put on sale to the public. I have a few empty (ie not filled by members any longer) seats around me at the SCG as well as at ANZ Stadium and frequently have supporters of the opposition sitting in those. Short of me recruiting new members to fill those seats, I don't see much can be done about it.

That said, it seems surprising that the membership department was interested in moving you to new seats if you requested this change. The renewals booklet explains in some detail what the process is for requesting a change of seat. Are you saying this is just for show, and that it isn't actually possible to change seat?

erica
28th July 2010, 07:51 PM
That said, it seems surprising that the membership department was interested in moving you to new seats if you requested this change. The renewals booklet explains in some detail what the process is for requesting a change of seat. Are you saying this is just for show, and that it isn't actually possible to change seat?
It wasn't like that last year. Until we went to round 1 game this year and sat in our same seats, we didn't know that so many Swans members had moved (or not renewed). The membership office wanted to charge us $25 to change seats and reissue membership cards - we declined. We probably won't bother with the ANZ stadium games next year anyway.

randwforever
28th July 2010, 08:24 PM
It wasn't like that last year. Until we went to round 1 game this year and sat in our same seats, we didn't know that so many Swans members had moved (or not renewed). The membership office wanted to charge us $25 to change seats and reissue membership cards - we declined. We probably won't bother with the ANZ stadium games next year anyway.
Hi guys,

Just to shed some light on the seat change issue that has come up.

During the renewals process all members with reserved seats are given the chance to change by completing the form included in the renewals pack.

We allow members to make changes to their seats without charging a fee until after the first games are played at both ANZ and the SCG (just incase there has been an error or members aren't happy with their new seats)

After this point, a $25 fee is charged for seat changes. This is to cover the cost of producing a new card, ticketek charges and administration. We employ a 'user pays' approach with late seat changes to avoid passing on these charges to all members.

Hope this helps. If anyone has any questions about any aspect of membership I'm happy to answer PM's or you can reach me at the club on 9339 9130.

Cheer cheer

Larissa (Sydney Swans Member Services Manager)

Primmy
28th July 2010, 09:29 PM
Why wasn't I invited to this discussion!!! Hmmmmmmmm????????

It would be good if we could split away from being inundated with opposition supporters (Collingwood), at least have blocks of allocated seats for the opposition team supporters first, and if there is overflow then and only then allow the blighters to infiltrate certain areas. Otherwise its a rather heated mishmash.

A more focused area for the Cheer Squad would be good. they look lost down there, off in the distance. It seems odd that they are seated (historically I know) in an open area where it is almost impossible to get a chant up. They need help. They should be located close to a big concentration of regular Swans supporters.

Bas could you please bring this up? The cheer squad looks like didly squat in comparison to quite a few other cheer squads.

Bas
28th July 2010, 09:43 PM
Why wasn't I invited to this discussion!!! Hmmmmmmmm????????

It would be good if we could split away from being inundated with opposition supporters (Collingwood), at least have blocks of allocated seats for the opposition team supporters first, and if there is overflow then and only then allow the blighters to infiltrate certain areas. Otherwise its a rather heated mishmash.

A more focused area for the Cheer Squad would be good. they look lost down there, off in the distance. It seems odd that they are seated (historically I know) in an open area where it is almost impossible to get a chant up. They need help. They should be located close to a big concentration of regular Swans supporters.

Bas could you please bring this up? The cheer squad looks like didly squat in comparison to quite a few other cheer squads.

I responded to an email that was sent out to members a few weeks back. The invitation was buried in there.

I actually sat in the Red Zone area at the last ANZ game. I brought my son's team mate and Dad to the game and I didn't think it was fair to get them to sit on Level 4 where I have my usual seats. I was surprised by the number of Collingwood supporters in the Red Zone. There was quite a few. Had me scratching my head as to what they were doing in a Swans area.

At last Friday night's game at Etihad, on level 3 they had bays of reserved unnumbered seating for Saints supporters. So each block had rows A to K for example reserved for people holding Saints membership. The other seats were for anyone. There was a staff member checking that only people with memberships were sitting there.

At ANZ technically, the Cheer Squad is meant to be in the Red Zone. There are no attendants there checking where people are sitting. So it's free for all for anyone.

I will raise this issue with them though.

Bas
28th July 2010, 09:47 PM

I am in exactly in the same position sitting on Level 4. What area are you in?

I have had the same seats since the first game and there is not one other person that sits around me in the Brewongle that I can see at ANZ. There are a few in my row that have been the same people but in front and behind there are always different people sitting there.

erica
28th July 2010, 10:08 PM
I am in exactly in the same position sitting on Level 4. What area are you in?

I have had the same seats since the first game and there is not one other person that sits around me in the Brewongle that I can see at ANZ. There are a few in my row that have been the same people but in front and behind there are always different people sitting there.

Yes, that's exactly the same for us on Level 4, too. I suspect that either the people who sit near us in the Brewongle have moved to better seats at ANZ or took the option to go to SCG games only. I wish all games were at the SCG.

Cheer Squad
28th July 2010, 11:12 PM

If you're taking feedback to the Club, my family is happy with the current split of 8/3 games between the SCG and Homebush. We enjoy both venues and think it would be unwise for the Club to abandon ANZ Stadium.

The TV ads in Sydney for the Collingwood and Geelong games have been quite good. But ultimately, the size of the crowd at either venue depends on public perceptions of how the team is travelling. On-field performance is everything, and last week's effort against the Demons has the capacity to undo everyone's hard work at marketing our games. I'm sure the club is aware of that but I don't know if the players are.

royboy42
29th July 2010, 09:20 AM
If the chance arises , a question re Hanner's contract status might be worth while.