PDA

View Full Version : Resting players

Captain
29th July 2010, 02:14 PM
We have a worrying situation at the moment where most of our quality players (except Goodes) are horribly out of form. Yes they have had a couple of good games, but most have been poor.

The likes of ROK, McVeigh, Kennelly are showing nothing.

They won't be dropped to the reserves, which is fair enough. But it must surely be time to consider resting them, especially if they are carrying injuries.

The 3 mentioned above are essential to our teams success and it's time something was done to get them in form (or over their injuries).

ScottH
29th July 2010, 02:15 PM
They've had a 2 week break. What more do they want?

liz
29th July 2010, 02:27 PM
They won't be dropped to the reserves, which is fair enough. But it must surely be time to consider resting them, especially if they are carrying injuries.

Don't agree with Kennelly. He had a poor game last weekend but was amongst our best for the previous two weeks. I do think he came back too soon from his knee injury but his performances against the Roos and Bloos suggest that is behind him.

McVeigh and O'Keefe are different matters. It is hard to believe ROK hasn't been carrying something for a few weeks, maybe longer. And McVeigh let himself and the team down by playing when suffering from food poisoning, and for the last two weeks looks to have been suffering with his calf problem. Last week's performances from these two suggest they weren't fit enough to take the field and I wouldn't mind in the least if they were given time to get over whatever ails them.

sWAns63
29th July 2010, 03:41 PM
Don't agree with Kennelly. He had a poor game last weekend but was amongst our best for the previous two weeks. I do think he came back too soon from his knee injury but his performances against the Roos and Bloos suggest that is behind him.

McVeigh and O'Keefe are different matters. It is hard to believe ROK hasn't been carrying something for a few weeks, maybe longer. And McVeigh let himself and the team down by playing when suffering from food poisoning, and for the last two weeks looks to have been suffering with his calf problem. Last week's performances from these two suggest they weren't fit enough to take the field and I wouldn't mind in the least if they were given time to get over whatever ails them.

If we're to get to the finals and play good footy and hope to beat some of the top teams once there we need all our players to be fit and firing that means giving players a break if they need it Mc Veigh was clearly injured 2 weeks ago and failed to finish the game he should not of played last week and is in need of a week off, in 2 weeks time he would come back a fresher player this would in turn give a yougster a chance and a different match up for Geelong.Do this with a few Swans players players who are obiously fatigued and we will have a fresh team come finals time if we get there and valuable experience for their replacements.
The Swans need to be more proactive on these things, other teams like the cats & pies take the lead on these issues and we just sit and watch.

msb
29th July 2010, 04:50 PM
They've had a 2 week break. What more do they want?

My thoughts exactly.

sWAns63
29th July 2010, 05:07 PM
My thoughts exactly.

If we get there expect to go out of the finals with a whimper and not a bang then

Bas
29th July 2010, 06:20 PM
If we're to get to the finals and play good footy and hope to beat some of the top teams once there we need all our players to be fit and firing.

Don't worry, we won't get to the finals this year. Besides we rested the whole team last week. The two teams you mentioned are first and second on the ladder respectively and have no injury list.