PDA

View Full Version : Finals Prices

The Purse
27th August 2010, 05:37 PM
Interesting to see league has put prices on Gate entry for finals.

$10.00 entry For Premier Division, Division One and 18's Premier.

$5.00 entry plus $5.00 per car for the other divisions.

Not sure if trying to get people in the gates jacking up prices for some good old fashioned revenue raising is the go.

Interested in thoughts out there, I didnt think the Sydney AFL was that short of cash, people whinge enough about the travel out to Blacktown, having to pay $10 for entry may deter some from going.

ShortHalfHead
27th August 2010, 06:00 PM
I will keep you up to date with a full report on Pie pricing at the various venues.

beameup
27th August 2010, 06:16 PM
I will keep you up to date with a full report on Pie pricing at the various venues.

If someone can provide a better canteen than the dismal effort by Balmain a couple of weeks ago at BoP it will be worth the 10 dollars.

Norris Lurker
27th August 2010, 06:30 PM
I think Penno's got the canteen this year, I can't see any reason they wouldn't do a good job with it.

beameup
27th August 2010, 09:08 PM
I think Penno's got the canteen this year, I can't see any reason they wouldn't do a good job with it.

Always get a good canteen at penno so I will pull out the tenner happily

Junior
30th August 2010, 01:55 PM
Interesting to note that despite the hike in admission price from $5 to $10, the club running the gate still only gets $1.25 of each ticket...

beameup
30th August 2010, 02:28 PM
Interesting to note that despite the hike in admission price from $5 to $10, the club running the gate still only gets $1.25 of each ticket...

Interesting. I wonder if ground hire went up or AFL just a bit hungry. I wasn't, good canteen Penno

ShortHalfHead
30th August 2010, 03:16 PM
Pies on special at Henson. $3.50 free sauce.
Sausage sangers a bit hexy at $3.50 (thin ones) but young girl serving them was very bubbly and a real sweetie

tara
30th August 2010, 03:54 PM
Pies on special at Henson. $3.50 free sauce.
Sausage sangers a bit hexy at $3.50 (thin ones) but young girl serving them was very bubbly and a real sweetie

Mate they ran out of beer on Saturday and I left early on Sunday and it was looking dodgy again then.

ShortHalfHead
30th August 2010, 04:07 PM
Mate they ran out of beer on Saturday and I left early on Sunday and it was looking dodgy again then.

I think our 18's were promised a beer a goal on Saturday, Tara, which would explain the shortage.

On Sunday, I reckon you ended up at the Henson Park Hotel needing something stronger than beer after the Div 4 game

Pekay
30th August 2010, 04:25 PM
I think our 18's were promised a beer a goal on Saturday, Tara, which would explain the shortage.

On Sunday, I reckon you ended up at the Henson Park Hotel needing something stronger than beer after the Div 4 game

Hahaha, that's like our poor Domma, talking the talk during our game, said he'd drink a can of Bundy per goal our FF scored. Was a long long bus trip for him.

Going to be a sight next week, Moorebank, Riffers, & Jets playing in a prelim. Wouldn't pick that a few years ago, but you'd throw UTS in your multi. Looking forward to it.

Rafters
31st August 2010, 11:06 AM
I thought the matches at Henson over the weekend - 4 each day - represented great value for money for the entry fee. Only two lopsided scores - first game on Sat & last game on Sun - but even in those matches the spectators admired the skills of the two winning teams. As for prices at BOP, I think we all agree that the facilities there are superior to Henson & that it costs a bit of money to host a game there as well as seeing the top two divisions playing. Finals footy helps pay for alot of costs in running the main footy season that we just expect. The Swans (and the AFL) have alot more money than AFL Sydney (do they have any?) & I bet that they won't be opening the doors for free on Sunday at ANZ! Yes the Goannas were caught out with crowd size on Saturday with catering but problems were for half hour only & after a quick beer run they were well stocked for rest of the weekend.

Finally it was great to see that 17 clubs were involved in week one of finals and even better that 16 are still involved coming into September. Having been involved in providing many a hiding to certain clubs over the years it was actually great to see them enjoy some success at this time of year for the stalwarts of their respective clubs who provide as much time & energy as the volunteers at the historically more successful clubs. Must admit that I am really enjoying watching this finals series. Love the fun-natured ribbing/sledging of respective club supporters when a 50/50 (or controversial) decision is made by the boys in orange. Good luck to all again this weekend.

Norris Lurker
31st August 2010, 12:02 PM
Finally it was great to see that 17 clubs were involved in week one of finals and even better that 16 are still involved coming into September. Having been involved in providing many a hiding to certain clubs over the years it was actually great to see them enjoy some success at this time of year for the stalwarts of their respective clubs who provide as much time & energy as the volunteers at the historically more successful clubs.
IMHO this is one of the great strengths and best features of the divisional structure. The majority of clubs still have some interest in the finals. There's a real chance we could have 6-8 clubs in action on Div 2-4/CC grand final day - a far cry from the days when the same clubs would feature in every grade on grand final day.