PDA

View Full Version : Admin Announcement - Welcome back DesRedAndWhite

Norris Lurker
14th September 2010, 02:12 PM
A reminder to all contributors of the existence of the forum rules - they can be found here
Announcements - NSW/ACT Footy (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/announcement.php?f=4&a=24)

I can't be everywhere at once, and I'm not able to look at every post - and while I'll delete inappropriate stuff when I can, it's not always possible. I'm all for robust debate, and like most posters on here I'm keen on hearing some goss - but it has to be done within reasonable limits.

DesRedAndWhite, the founder of RWO, has come back to this board as a co-moderator. Welcome back Des, and good luck.

We'd be keen to get another moderator on board as well - someone with a good knowledge of Sydney AFL, but someone who is able to keep the lunatic fringe under control better than I can. If you'd be interested in being a moderator for this board, drop ScottH a line.

This board plays a part in keeping Sydney AFL people updated with news and views from around the league. A lot of people around Sydney AFL read the board with interest, and we hope that continues for a long time to come.

desredandwhite
14th September 2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks Senor Lurker. I have been floating around RWO for a bit ever since leaving the role of RWO head honcho, mostly reading and sometimes commenting. But I have been convinced to come back and help out.

As some of you know, I also share an interest in the local leagues and would love to see this forum become the online community of choice for the Sydney AFL clubs, players and supporters. Norris and I will review the board policies over the summer and announce some initiatives that I think will help this forum grow. I am not in the least bit interested in cutting out banter and colour (the audible sledging is one of the very very best parts of going to see 4th Div Sydney AFL!!!), but I do take exception with anonymous posters posting crap without any accountability. Hopefully if we can get enough useful information and discussion being posted on the NSW/ACT Footy Forum, that will encourage more participants.

PS: Rumours that I am secretly pushing for a "No Dickheads" policy and unfounded and completely false, not least of which because I would have to ban myself at regular intervals!!!