PDA

View Full Version : League sponsorship

Pekay
13th October 2010, 10:04 PM
Having a look at the leagues around the country, most have a league sponsor- Hume, O & M, Riverina, Black Diamond, Central West and most leagues in our state have sponsorship! Why can't this be chased up for our divisions? The league doesn't need the money that bad, but some of the money could be used for a prize for the premiers, if not all of it. Sponsors would get a fair bit of exposure too.

BeeEmmAre
14th October 2010, 06:42 AM
Separate sponsors for the lower divisions would help, but the AFL Sydney's naming rights sponsor is currently Foxtel, or it was before I left the country.

desredandwhite
14th October 2010, 07:10 AM
Separate sponsors for the lower divisions would help, but the AFL Sydney's naming rights sponsor is currently Foxtel, or it was before I left the country.

Really? Then they are not really getting value for money.. I had no idea!

Pekay
14th October 2010, 02:23 PM
I don't think it's still the case Jonty, it would prefix the Premier Division title on almost anything. Someone like Rafters' business, might even throw some support behind a div 4 or 5, even a grand (Although still a fair bit of coin) to the winner, how good would that be!

JAYEFBE
14th October 2010, 03:11 PM
Years ago the SFA split $18,000 between 1st and 10th, the higher up the ladder the more you got. Now that figure is $0?
Not sure of the Premier Div figures but I'm sure the same applies.

tara
14th October 2010, 03:34 PM
Years ago the SFA split $18,000 between 1st and 10th, the higher up the ladder the more you got. Now that figure is $0?
Not sure of the Premier Div figures but I'm sure the same applies.

Div 3 definately Nil

shearer
15th October 2010, 10:08 AM
i know in the early nineties it was $15k prizemoney to the winner.