PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Rate the Season: #4 Daniel Hannebery

AnnieH
26th October 2010, 04:36 PM
Little Hanners!!!

The kid's got the footy brain of a 35 year old.

Lucky for us he's got years and years ahead of him (hopefully as a one-jumper man!!).

Rate Hanner's season ...

alison.z
26th October 2010, 04:55 PM
For his age and experience he overachieved this season ... played most games, has some outstanding games, some very consistent games and never looked like being dropped. Seemed tired in the last few games and disposal dropped off a bit but for, essentially a first year player (one full pre-season ... kind of) ... not much more he could have done!

RogueSwan
26th October 2010, 04:56 PM
9 - what's not to like. The kid is a champion and a leader.

I just hope he doesn't drop off like Daniel Rich did this year. Last year Rich was the golden child, this year his form reflected that of the Blions, one step above crap.

Triple B
26th October 2010, 05:34 PM
Most of us thought he was a gun and fortunately, he more than lived up to it.

Primmy
26th October 2010, 05:48 PM
8 from me, because I want him to improve. He played with a dodgy shoulder and that has been operated on, so probably by the end of the year he was getting too sore.

Cannot see him drop away. He is such a bright personality, and from all reports sucks information in from any direction. Smart kid.

Mountain Man
26th October 2010, 08:29 PM
8 - outstanding statistics from someone who was on-gound for 75% of game time, compared with some 85% for the other midfielders

Dan
26th October 2010, 08:44 PM
9 - He exceeded my expectation by 1000x
Hopefully get even better and his shoulder comes good cause he is a gun and hopefully he takes us to our next flag
Actually lets hope B2 and Goodes can drive us to glory in 2011!!!!

DLBIA14
26th October 2010, 08:52 PM
What the people within the club always talk about is his willingness to learn and his work ethic. He's brilliant and you'd hope every young player came into the club with that much passion and drive for the game. Gave him an 8 becasue he's got the potential to be so much better, but still had a kick-arse year. So looking forward to watching him grow over the years.

reigning premier
26th October 2010, 09:33 PM

A kid playing (almost) his 1st year of footy and already has the ability to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and change the outcome. Is probably the most exciting talent in the AFL, bar none. This kid will make Judd, Buckley, Swan, Hodge, Ablett, Cousins, Kelly, Williams (X2), Voss, Hird, Skilton. Any player you can think of. Will be the elite midfield player of the next decade.

DLBIA14
26th October 2010, 09:43 PM

A kid playing (almost) his 1st year of footy and already has the ability to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and change the outcome. Is probably the most exciting talent in the AFL, bar none. This kid will make Judd, Buckley, Swan, Hodge, Ablett, Cousins, Kelly, Williams (X2), Voss, Hird, Skilton. Any player you can think of. Will be the elite midfield player of the next decade.

He's certainly got the will, though I wouldn't be making any wild predictions just yet. Remember he's only played one full year of AFL and we've seen many prodigious talents never reach their expected heights. If he gets anywhere near the relm of those players listed he would have done exceptionally well.

ScottH
27th October 2010, 07:33 AM
Man love!!!

CJK
27th October 2010, 08:27 AM
A lazy well deserved 9

i'm-uninformed2
27th October 2010, 09:41 AM
124 from me.

How many kids his age basically WIN games almost on their own. Think the North match early in the season . . . wonderfully frightening

swansrob
27th October 2010, 12:27 PM
124 from me.

How many kids his age basically WIN games almost on their own. Think the North match early in the season . . . wonderfully frightening

I was at that game with my brother (a North fan). Early in the afternoon he said he rated Bastinac a better prospect than Hanners. I said he was an idiot. Hanners proved me right.

giant
27th October 2010, 01:59 PM
Exceptional. The exciting young talent Swans fans have been waiting for. Let's hope the shoulder stays good and he's properly managed as the kid doesn't seem to know when to give up.

Bloody Hell
29th October 2010, 07:32 AM

Couldn't have done anymore. Left 1 off because he still has more to give.

ugg
9th November 2010, 09:49 AM
OK Annie, you've had a big week, but it might be time to get this baby on the road again. After all, pre-season training has already started and we're only 10% of the way through!

RogueSwan
9th November 2010, 10:24 AM
OK Annie, you've had a big week, but it might be time to get this baby on the road again. After all, pre-season training has already started and we're only 10% of the way through!

What he said. Let's rate Pebbles

1st December 2010, 12:18 PM
8.5, sheer class, deserved Rising Star award. Will be a gun