PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here sitting on the 2010 swans match videos?

polkagris
22nd January 2011, 03:38 PM
I only worked out the other day that you can download and save off-line copies of all videos available through the gallery under Swans TV (i.e. find matches, highlights etc in the paginated thumbnail collection at the bottom of the page, right-click and save locally). Very handy if you want to media-share and replay the season using the old PS3, X-box or whatever. I'm not a wiz with the HDD recorder, so it's great for me..

Anyway, under 'AFL' in the gallery they appear to store, at least for a while, the complete set of matches played each round quarter by quarter. At the moment, everything from round 21 onwards is still available for download, which points to the fact that they only keep all the material for a few rounds, then take it off the video gallery.

I've downloaded all of the swans related material from round 21 onwards, but I would love to get my hands on the whole season. If anybody here cottoned on to this earlier and has been 'collecting' the material through the year please let me know.

Cephalik
22nd January 2011, 03:59 PM
If you use firefox grab an extension called downloadhelper (DownloadHelper - Media download Firefox extension (http://www.downloadhelper.net/)) which lets you download videos off of the bigpond video website (AFL Videos - Watch Videos Online with BigPond Video (http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/?ref=Net-Head-TV-Sport-AFL)). Then just go through the tabs to sydney swans matches, pick the one you want and use download helper to download them. I recently downloaded the round 4 match vs north so you can still grab the earlier matches. You can also use it to download other videos, I've got all the highlight videos as well as brett kirks farewell video and kieran jacks b&f video :)

I think each game is about 1.4gb at highest quality, and if your on bigpond it's unmetered downloads so you don't have to worry about hitting your cap.

Hope that helps!

Primmy
23rd January 2011, 09:10 AM
Helped me, ta Ceph.

Jesse Richards
23rd January 2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks Cephalik. Has helped me solve a dilemma.