PDA

View Full Version : Rohan and Jetta

Auntie.Gerald
23rd February 2011, 09:21 AM
Do you think we can have both in the 22 in 2011 ?

This gives us serious speed but I am wondering how many "wing / flank" players we can have that play a similar style of footy?

Also I think that Bird, Parker, Jed etc etc will put serious pressure on Jett's holding his spot via players who can play wing........ie Hannes, McVeigh, Shaw, Jack, Mal, Smith, Rohan, Jetts etc can all play outside midfield where needed and if Jetts or Rohan arent cutting it........... one or two of them can push wide or will be anyway..........and may create a spot for Bird, Parker, Jed etc

PS - Longmire talking about Rohan maybe pushing up into the forwards confirms for me that Jetts in under pressure

dimelb
23rd February 2011, 10:44 AM
Interesting to watch the Rohan interview
Versatile Rohan ready for 2011 - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/108242/default.aspx)
Especially where he says his preferred position is defence, but enjoys going forward for a goal. Reinforces the idea he could be a substitute player. I wouldn't mind that, and I assume there'll be room for Jetta regardless: he's already shown how valuable he is.

Mr Magoo
23rd February 2011, 10:51 AM
Interesting to watch the Rohan interview
Versatile Rohan ready for 2011 - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/108242/default.aspx)
Especially where he says his preferred position is defence, but enjoys going forward for a goal. Reinforces the idea he could be a substitute player. I wouldn't mind that, and I assume there'll be room for Jetta regardless: he's already shown how valuable he is.

Realistically , parker and lamb are a season away from challenging rohan and jetta. Jetta was a mature wafl player when we got him and he looks even stronger this year. I doubt he is in trouble atm.

Q...
23rd February 2011, 12:04 PM
PS - Longmire talking about Rohan maybe pushing up into the forwards confirms for me that Jetts in under pressure

You've confused me. How does Horse talking about Rohan confirm anything about Jetta?

jono2707
23rd February 2011, 01:40 PM
I think both are in the best 22 - Jetta based on his excellent season last year, and Rohan based in his super upside which hopefully keeps developing. Rohan is a very big chance of being the substitute in a good number of games IMHO...

reigning premier
23rd February 2011, 01:50 PM
lol... sometimes i do giggle when I read these posts.....

Jetta is not getting displaced by anyone any time in the next year...

Rohan is teh same.

Barring injury, these two will be locks for a spot in the 22 this year.

23rd February 2011, 02:26 PM
A balance is needed between inside grunt and outside running but I observe that the better teams have more run all over the field and don't carry too many players without leg speed. I won't name them but we have a few like this so we may see some surprising faces of the slower leg speed variety playing reserves this year.

You can't have too much speed and X factor (if you can also win your own ball) so I'd think Jetta and Rohan are certainties for the majority of the year.

It will be an interesting selection for round 1 if most players are fit.

Nich
23rd February 2011, 04:31 PM
Tadhg/Shaw ------> Rohan

I think with what I have seen at training with him working with these guys and also last year in a few games, they will want Gaz running it out of the half-back line in a rebounding role. As well noted here on RWO i've always thought he should stay up forward because his goal kicking is supreme and he has the knack to grab them from anywhere. I'm glad Horse has spoken about him playing forward. Including NAB Cup he's kicked around 11 goals 1 or something close to that in the past year? However I think he will be off the half back and then taking his guy forward at different parts of the game with his speed and picking up a goal here or there. Gaz is better with his hands on the ball and I don't think he gets it enough playing in the forward line. I've come to realise that he is better of half back where he can instigate the attack moving forward and push up that little further at times. Ultimate utility player at the moment. Let's hope the great decisions he makes kicking for goal are just as good down back. That's the tough one.

Tough to get a gig in the 22 especially with the Birdman back in the mix but you can be sure if Tadhg's not up to it at any stage this year Gaz is his replacement in the starting team.

Jetts is a 22 player - Gaz might have to press a little harder to be included if everyone is fit.

Nico
23rd February 2011, 04:35 PM
AG I think you are a little delusional if you think Jetta will struggle to hold his spot. His form was too good last year.

RogueSwan
23rd February 2011, 06:18 PM
...Jetta is not getting displaced by anyone any time in the next year...

...Jetts is a 22 player - ...

AG I think you are a little delusional if you think Jetta will struggle to hold his spot. His form was too good last year.

+1 (or 2 or 3 or is it 4???) There will/should always be a spot for Jetts

Auntie.Gerald
23rd February 2011, 09:01 PM
You've confused me. How does Horse talking about Rohan confirm anything about Jetta?

I think Rohan will apply pressure on Jetta ie I think they will both be fighting for a similar role..........ie the wing or HFF utility from the bench

but maybe we can have both ?

ie it appears that Shaw has been groomed last year to play more midfield tagging/wing....... ie then that is Jack and Shaw on the wings.........then Jetta will not be an automatic pick for the wing...........and If Rohan is so well regarded and able to push forward then Jetta may find it a little challenging to come from the bench to the wing or HFF..........

ie lets take Rohan in the trial game last weekend............he bolts forward spoils a certain opposition mark...... fakes, keeps going and nails a 6 pointer first time in the trial with out blinking.........thats Rooster for you !..............Jetts took 20 shots last year before nailing one

my team list may make it easier to understand my dilemma................it might not be a dilemma for anyone else :) and for the time being I have both of them on the bench..........even though I would love to see Nick Smith push up to midfield also..........but given Hannes and Kennedy need to rotate thru the middle there is no room !

TDL, Braddy, McGlynn
Hannes, Goodes, Kennedy

Jack
McVeigh
Mummy
ROK
Bolton
Shaw

Mal, LRT, Kennelly
Smith, Grundy, Teddy

Bench: Jetta, Rohan, Bird, Seaby

obviously if Craig returns to form he is in !

no Mattner either at this stage for me..........

Nich
24th February 2011, 08:45 AM
Gazza's NAB Cup goal. (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150106895807480&oid=327896501983&comments&ref=mf)

That mark was all Gazza's! : )

swansrob
24th February 2011, 08:54 AM
Gazza's NAB Cup goal. (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150106895807480&oid=327896501983&comments&ref=mf)

That mark was all Gazza's! : )

Exactly. That was never going to be a mark to anyone else. The GWS player was nowhere near it.
Also, there's really no need to use "ie" so often.

Auntie.Gerald
24th February 2011, 09:32 AM
that wasnt the point ie Gary nailed the goal and did it with ease......was the point :)

Nich
24th February 2011, 10:05 AM
that wasnt the point ie Gary nailed the goal and did it with ease......was the point :)

I know - sorry ;)