PDA

View Full Version : Our forward set-up.

DeadlyAkkuret
28th March 2011, 08:15 PM
What is going on with our set-up? It is all over the place and I don't think the midfield knows where or who to kick to half the time.

I know White is a little on the nose with some around here lately, but why does it seem like we've gone cold on the White-TDL combination that was working quite well over the last two months of the 2010 season? I realise that Trent is injured, but I haven't seen anyone mention that combination as a possibility when discussing our forward line.

It was Bradshaw and Goodes, then Goodes and White, then White and TDL. Now it's Reid and Goodes, but we can't waste Goodes up forward for an entire game and that was proven during the last quater yesterday.

I'm not entirely sure which way we should go, but we do need to stick with a combination for a while as we did last year and let it become cohesive. In my opinion we should go back to White and TDL as they know each other's game and the 2nd tall should be Reid, with Goodes only chipping in if he's not required in the middle.

RBS1
28th March 2011, 09:14 PM
I think white needs a extended run in the side .. Back him in and say right you've got 6-7 games have a crack .. AG is important at half forward but I think gets left there to long and we become to goodes conscious we have enough players that can rotate through the forward 50

ugg
28th March 2011, 09:16 PM
I'd like to see White's TOG on the weekend (hi Scott). From memory, I hardly saw him at all in the first half in the forward line, just in the ruck.

giant
28th March 2011, 10:10 PM
Set-up looked great at half time. White, Reid & Goodes all doing good things, McGlynn providing goals, Jude had already popped up once I think. Melbourne got better after three qr time.

Auntie.Gerald
28th March 2011, 10:59 PM
agree Giant..............how can our second half of footy in the forward line look good when our midfield got owned............leaves our leads hap hazard

stellation
29th March 2011, 07:43 AM
I'd like to see White's TOG on the weekend (hi Scott). From memory, I hardly saw him at all in the first half in the forward line, just in the ruck.

I'd be curious to see it, too. I'm a White fan already, but I thought he was quite good on the weekend- hard to tell about leads etc. on tele obviously, but he certainly seemed to be more involved and active through the game.

I thought the forward line actually looked pretty good, obviously quite tall with both Reid and White playing but they're both rather speedy to compensate for that a little. The MCG is where I'd expect a plodding forward line to be found out, but I don't recall Melbourne running it out with ease. If anything I was looking at it and thinking "how will Braddy work in this?" because he was such a focal point of forward surges last year (he obviously can work without being the only forward target).

magic.merkin
29th March 2011, 08:12 AM
Being there I don't recall White being the leading target in the forward line when he was there. It's all hazy with frustration/nerves and trying to take all of rd1 in.