PDA

View Full Version : A Bloods Man Videos

ABloodsMan
1st April 2011, 02:16 PM
Hey guys long time lurker first time poster.

I've been interested in making swans videos for a long time now and finally got my act together and bought a program to get it done. I'm incredibly new to all this so any tips, advice, feedback, song selection would be a great help in the production of further videos.

So here is my first attempt featuring highlights of Sam Reid's game against Melbourne. Nothing special just wanted something easy to do first up and Reidy was my first choice ;)

Enjoy!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PtKl0v_XMzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wyatt
2nd April 2011, 09:09 AM
Good effort on the video, ABM. And another good game from a very promising footballer.

ScottH
2nd April 2011, 10:55 AM
Nice work ABM!!

magic.merkin
2nd April 2011, 11:34 AM
nice !

ShockOfHair
2nd April 2011, 12:17 PM
Nice choice - he's a great player to watch.

aardvark
2nd April 2011, 01:38 PM
People here think Rohan looks like Goddard. We may have two Goddard lookalikes. Reid did some great stuff in that game, just wait till he grows up !!
Nice vid ABM.

gloveski
2nd April 2011, 01:57 PM
Great work ABM..............I haven't been as excited about a player like this since Hanners came on the seen. Makes me wonder why we subbed him out of the game last week.
Bulldogs supporters must be spewing considering hanners and Reids fathers played for the doggies and they both look like long term players. Sign him up now because I reckon GWS would be sniffing around bigtime

ABloodsMan
2nd April 2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. Ditto gloveski, I just love the way that more often than not he finds himself at the bottom of packs and gets in there laying tackles making his presence known. It's something that I think will be a key part of his game in the years to come. Unfortunately last week Goodes said in an interview he was suffering from cramp in the last quarter which is why he got subbed off. Had to cut footage of him laying tackles and forcing pressure as there wasn't enough room in the song :)

Depending on how Everitt goes I might give him a crack this week, really liked how he went about it last week and at only 21 shows some sign that he'll be there for a long time.

Foreign Legion
2nd April 2011, 11:33 PM
Good stuff ABM - nice video of a VERY promising player.

If this bloke is still playing for the Swans in 5 years I will be a happy man.

Maybe try a video of the 2005 GF?

Plenty of material there.....

GongSwan
3rd April 2011, 10:06 PM
good stuff

AnnieH
3rd April 2011, 10:18 PM
Sammy took some beauties today didn't he?
I'm excited.

Welcome ABM and thanks heaps for your efforts. Love ya work.

ABloodsMan
4th April 2011, 05:43 PM
Good stuff ABM - nice video of a VERY promising player.

If this bloke is still playing for the Swans in 5 years I will be a happy man.

Maybe try a video of the 2005 GF?

Plenty of material there.....

I've already been working on it, got the perfect song just need to edit it do it justice. Probably take months :)

Any suggestions on who I should do this week? Maybe bolton, rok or smith.

aardvark
5th April 2011, 08:14 AM
Bolts was terrific on Sunday.

Nich
5th April 2011, 08:39 AM
Great work ABM! Hey - what type of file do you upload to Youtube? I use to be able to upload fairly quickly but this season my videos are taking 2hours + and it's doing my head in. There has to be a way to keep the quality high but the size of the file small? I'm doing things exactly the same way as last year and I just can't work it out. Nothing is different - same connection speed, same editing program. Help from anyone would be appreciated! : )

ABloodsMan
5th April 2011, 10:35 AM
How do you upload your files? Through youtube or the program? I use cyberlink powerdirector and when I go to produce the video I can choose to produce straight to youtube so it does everything for me. Produces it and uploads it at whichever quality I choose. It's proven quite handy so far :)

I just tried uploading in higher quality, the size was 50mb at 1280x720 compared to 30mb of the original at 640x360. It took half an hour to produce the 4 minute video then only 10 minutes to upload it.

Here is the result.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qdGNN9dXDmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have you tried checking what your upload speed is without uploading a video? Using Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test (http://www.speedtest.net/) I got an upload speed 0.6mbps

Nich
5th April 2011, 11:03 AM
Yep I have cyber director as well. I have a high speed ADSL2 connection so something is wrong. I'll sort it out somehow! Thanks for your help - appreciate it!

*Wow - currently my download speed is .23 and my upload is .02!!!! I use to download at speeds of 1mbps from a wireless connection and now I'm hitting .23. Thanks for that link. I knew something was seriously wrong. Now to try and get to the bottom of it. Thanks mate!

JudesaGun
5th April 2011, 11:16 AM
Can you add some highlights of Reid from the Essendon game to your previous video?

Plugger1300
5th April 2011, 11:42 AM
Mummy please

ABloodsMan
5th April 2011, 11:42 AM
@Nich that's faily close to dial up speed, maybe you've been capped? :) Or it's just wireless being wireless. I can't stand it. Bought a 10 metre cable and ran it under the house to connect the router with my computer.

@JudesaGun Sure I'll get on to it when I've finished Jude Bolton's highlights

Nich
5th April 2011, 11:46 AM
Nah 200g a month and not even close. The download rate is back up to 1.5mbps but upload max is .08. Hooked the cable up last night and it was still the same upload speed. I'll have a chat to the service provider. Something wrong somewhere! Sorry to hijack the thread - carry on : )

dimelb
5th April 2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks ABM, nice work. And glad you included the trip on McVeigh - I hadn't watched the replay and could hardly believe what I thought I saw at the ground. How the MRP didn't pick that up I'll never know.

Triple B
5th April 2011, 12:42 PM
How the MRP didn't pick that up I'll never know.

They picked it up, just didn't feel like doing anything about it...

"Contact between Melbourne?s Joel McDonald and the Sydney Swans? Jarrad McVeigh from the second quarter of Sunday?s match was assessed. The panel said McVeigh had the ball and side stepped McDonald, who jumped in the air. While in the air, McDonald stuck out his leg to try and block McVeigh. It was the view of the panel that the contact made by McDonald?s leg was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken."

Nich
5th April 2011, 02:05 PM
"While in the air, McDonald stuck out his leg to try and block McVeigh."

Hello??

dimelb
5th April 2011, 02:09 PM
They picked it up, just didn't feel like doing anything about it...

"Contact between Melbourne?s Joel McDonald and the Sydney Swans? Jarrad McVeigh from the second quarter of Sunday?s match was assessed. The panel said McVeigh had the ball and side stepped McDonald, who jumped in the air. While in the air, McDonald stuck out his leg to try and block McVeigh. It was the view of the panel that the contact made by McDonald?s leg was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken."
Should have got at least a week for not being a good look for the code.

ABloodsMan
5th April 2011, 07:03 PM
I have just finished Jude's video. Video is uploading now and should be done in an hour. I'm going out for my brothers birthday so I won't be able to embed it here until late tonight. But if you check here http://www.youtube.com/user/ABloodsMan?feature=mhum in an hour it should be there.

Big Al
5th April 2011, 09:13 PM
I have just finished Jude's video. Video is uploading now and should be done in an hour. I'm going out for my brothers birthday so I won't be able to embed it here until late tonight. But if you check here http://www.youtube.com/user/ABloodsMan?feature=mhum in an hour it should be there.

Very impressive. (clap)

ABloodsMan
5th April 2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks Al, got home earlier than I thought I would so here it is embedded.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lWXy-c-CzTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nich
5th April 2011, 09:50 PM
Super. Great work Bloods Man.

dimelb
5th April 2011, 10:36 PM
Great work - made me think all over again 'What a game!'

aardvark
5th April 2011, 10:56 PM
Great Vid. Great game from Jude. His tackling was fantastic.

Frog
5th April 2011, 11:34 PM
He deserved every one of the points I gave him in TLM voting this week - Thanks for the confirmation ABM, great video.

ABloodsMan
2nd May 2011, 11:56 AM
Hey guys sorry for the lack of videos I tend to get a bit emo when we lose and lack motivation :)

If anyone has anything they'd like on youtube just post it here and I'll get on it :cool:

Big Al
2nd May 2011, 11:59 AM
Hey guys sorry for the lack of videos I tend to get a bit emo when we lose and lack motivation :)

If anyone has anything they'd like on youtube just post it here and I'll get on it :cool:

Understandable ABM.

Bulldogs Mark and Pykes Tackle would be great to see again. Terrific moments amongst a poor result.

Many Thanks and Cheers

ABloodsMan
2nd May 2011, 12:23 PM
All right I'll get started on those. Should be done soonish.

Plugger1300
2nd May 2011, 01:06 PM
Very Dillusioned with the Swans atm
do you have Pippa Middleton's arse?

ScottH
2nd May 2011, 01:17 PM
If you can't find that on the web, you aren't trying!! ;)

Big Al
2nd May 2011, 01:34 PM
Very Dillusioned with the Swans atm

I hear there are many photos of the Queens arse on the Net. Prince Phillip is said to be very photogenic.

ABloodsMan
2nd May 2011, 02:07 PM
Can anyone remember when Pyke laid the tackle?

ABloodsMan
2nd May 2011, 03:21 PM
Uploading now. Will edit in when it's finished. If anyone else wants anything done don't hesitate to ask :p

Here we go.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/daXMWRpB4sU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

satchmopugdog
2nd May 2011, 06:49 PM
Cheered me up ..thanks

laughingnome
2nd May 2011, 06:54 PM
So much for offering nothing around the ground. That man can wrap you up like a kebab.

BSA5
3rd May 2011, 01:05 PM
It's great to see Pyke having the confidence to tackle without hesitation now. It seemed early in his career that he was hesitant to go at full force in case he infringed in some way that isn't seen in union, but he seems to be pretty confidence of what he's allowed to do now, and so his tackling ability is coming to the fore.

Seriously, Mumford and Pyke have to be just about the toughest and tackle-happy ruckmen in the competition.

Big Al
3rd May 2011, 01:16 PM
Uploading now. Will edit in when it's finished. If anyone else wants anything done don't hesitate to ask :p

Here we go.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/daXMWRpB4sU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(clap)

Great job ABM. Much appreciated!!

ScottH
3rd May 2011, 01:59 PM
He didn't even have time to enjoy the moment, just got back up and ran away.

dimelb
3rd May 2011, 02:33 PM
Nice work ABM. Does anyone know if Moore's effort was nominated for MotW?
And as for big Mike - he dropped them like tall timber. What a feller! He's a lumberjack and he's OK.

Edit: I see it's up - thanks Scott.

ABloodsMan
8th May 2011, 11:23 PM
Hey guys will be re watching the game tomorrow and probably throw up a highlights vid of AJ and Nipper. Happy to take requests if anyone wants something else from the game put up.

laughingnome
8th May 2011, 11:43 PM
Pyke's goals :)

Big Al
9th May 2011, 08:50 AM
Pyke's goals :)

+1

Triple B
9th May 2011, 09:38 AM
I didn't see the Nipper post-game interview. Would love to see that....

aardvark
9th May 2011, 11:19 AM
Kennelly kicking to himself...

ScottH
9th May 2011, 11:32 AM
Jetta's 100 metre fumble.

Triple B
9th May 2011, 11:44 AM
Jetta's 100 metre fumble.

Happened right in front of us (and 100m worth of other people sitting on the fence as well obviously...lol). I guess I'll get me melon on the tele again...

Big Al
9th May 2011, 01:56 PM
Happened right in front of us (and 100m worth of other people sitting on the fence as well obviously...lol). I guess I'll get me melon on the tele again...

Thankfully Jetta will be moving too quick to make out anything... ;)

Triple B
9th May 2011, 02:00 PM
Thankfully Jetta will be moving too quick to make out anything... ;)

Too shay...

ABloodsMan
9th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Here we go, amazed at how long it took to download the match from Bigpond's site. Not happy jan!

Features Everitt's mark and goal, Pyke's goals, Kennely's "bounce" and Jetta's fumble. Might do the highlight video of Nipper and AJ when I'm not so tired :) As usual available in HD!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4YJUItCTV_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dimelb
9th May 2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks ABM - nice work, keepin' the customers satisfied!

ABloodsMan
10th May 2011, 02:43 PM
Nipper and AJ highlights video up. Dwayne spoiled it a couple of times by calling them the wrong names but ah well. :)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TrPFxGNok0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aardvark
10th May 2011, 02:56 PM
AJ Wow. How good was this kid. Marks well, kicks well, makes excellent decisions and looks to always have time. The kid is a gun.

ABloodsMan
17th May 2011, 12:14 AM
New video up :D

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Fu8BMehnX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

laughingnome
17th May 2011, 01:04 AM
Oh Nipper! :o

He gets a pass because he was absolutely spent by the end of the game :-)

ScottH
17th May 2011, 08:39 AM
Commentators reckon that is why he was subbed, so he wouldn't be interviewed after the game.

ABloodsMan
2nd June 2011, 12:44 PM
Might make a video of Birds performance, anyone want anything else from the game?

ABloodsMan
9th June 2011, 01:41 PM
Here is Bird against North with Johnstons debut.

Will probably do JPK for the Brisbane game.

Enjoy!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ypNss6Q592A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dimelb
9th June 2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks ABM - good selection of clips. I thought Bird was good on the day, but to see the details you've picked out I may even have underestimated his impact. If one or two of those kicks had been a touch straighter, well ... you could say the same about others, but Tommy (fires a mean handball) is quality.

ABloodsMan
10th June 2011, 12:26 PM
And the best thing about it was he followed on from the North game and was fantastic against Brisbane, he just seemed to read the play so well and get himself in the right positions, and was constantly dropping back to chop off marks in the back 50. Was easily BOG for mine over Jude and Kennedy.

Speaking of Kennedy here is his game against Brisbane. Had to leave out a lot of parts due to poor camera angles, either too far away or too close to see anything.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vFsx7ZtPW8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dimelb
10th June 2011, 05:58 PM
Josh is impressive. I look at teams like Collingwood and Geelong and marvel at how their players time and again manage to get the ball away even when they seem to be well held. But Joey can do it as well as just about anyone; his strength and balance are top class.