PDA

View Full Version : Stevens

13th October 2003, 04:31 PM
Not the Port's version but our version.

By various reports, he seems to be offered as a trade bait and has received interests. So i think he is close not to be playing for us next year.

What people think would be a fair trade for him?

A youngish midfielder in the same boat?

robbieando
13th October 2003, 07:34 PM
I don't think we would get a player for him, but I would think the best we could hope for is a late 2nd Round pick for him and if not that an early 3rd rounder

stellation
13th October 2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
I don't think we would get a player for him, but I would think the best we could hope for is a late 2nd Round pick for him and if not that an early 3rd rounder
I agree, and I am not sure I would want to make that trade until the end of next season. Give him at least one more year, and try him around the ground. Short of injury I don't see his value decreasing much beyond the late 2nd round/early 3rd mark.

Bleed Red Blood
14th October 2003, 05:21 PM
I think Stevens will do better given a stable position at half forward.

He is a proven goalkicker even if it is in the VFL he kicked more goals than the rest of them.

We need to give him a chance.

stellation
14th October 2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
We need to give him a chance.

I agree.

Bleed Red Blood
14th October 2003, 05:42 PM
Thanks for that.

sharpie
14th October 2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by stellation
I agree.

Stevens started there year at half forward. Has on a number of occasion been given a chance, but doesnt seem to cut it in the seniors

stellation
14th October 2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks for that.
That's okay.

stellation
14th October 2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by sharpie
Stevens started there year at half forward. Has on a number of occasion been given a chance, but doesnt seem to cut it in the seniors
I didn't agree with playing him at half forward particuarly, and he hasn't really been given much of a chance around the ground. I just didn't see his value dropping much if we trade him off next year instead.

Dpw
14th October 2003, 06:49 PM
a fair go in defence is what is needed instead of playing him forward in the preseason play him down back instead then give him a run during the season if then he dosen't cut it trade him or delist but I believe he has shown talent.

Rizzo
14th October 2003, 06:59 PM
I hate seeing guys who use to play for us play well for other teams....that's life I guess

Nico
14th October 2003, 07:37 PM
Stevens is too soft for CHF, and just did not present himself. Did show a glimpse of ability in defence in the final against the chokers.

While on the chokers can you believe they are interested in Alan Didak another outside receiver of which they have plenty.

Talk about falling for the 3 card trick. They will never learn.

BAM_BAM
14th October 2003, 08:57 PM
Scott is a very good kick at goal and takes a lovely uncontested mark, but he tends to get muscled out of contested marks. He needs to bulk up a bit. and work on his contested marking.

liz
14th October 2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM
Scott ... takes a lovely uncontested mark

Can you take a "lovely uncontested mark" - if there's no contest shouldn't it be easy? ;)

dendol
14th October 2003, 10:33 PM
Can you take a "lovely uncontested mark" - if there's no contest shouldn't it be easy?

if you have played the new AFL Live 2004 game, you can sure as hell take a "lovely uncontested mark"!! speccies with no one around you.. hmm..

sharpie
15th October 2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by dendol
if you have played the new AFL Live 2004 game, you can sure as hell take a "lovely uncontested mark"!! speccies with no one around you.. hmm..

Haha, how good is it when you jump up and get the extra lift off the invisible man's back!

NMWBloods
15th October 2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM
Scott is a very good kick at goal and takes a lovely uncontested mark

I've heard his kicking at goal is very good in the reserves, but from what I've seen, it's a bit didgy in the seniors.

I can take a lovely uncontested mark too!! ;)

stellation
15th October 2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I've heard his kicking at goal is very good in the reserves, but from what I've seen, it's a bit didgy in the seniors.

They use wider goals in Canberra.

He does seem to be a fair set shot at goal, but shouldn't that see him playing closer to goals than across half forward? Nick Davis is a perfect half forward (though I would prefer to see him on the ball because I think given the chance and actually taking it he could be a superstar... or imagine Nick on one wing and Tadhg on the other for a bit of dash?!?!?! but that is another topic altogether) because he is a long straight kick for goal from just about anywhere (set shot, on the run, snap) but I don't really see Scott the same way.

Rob-bloods
15th October 2003, 04:47 PM
Is this thread for real?

Uncontested marks....... is anyone a good virtual handpasser or perhaps a solid imaginary tackler?

Bleed Red Blood
15th October 2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by stellation
They use wider goals in Canberra.

Stevens won the VFL goal kicking award with Port Melbourne.

BAM_BAM
15th October 2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Rob-bloods
Is this thread for real?

Uncontested marks....... is anyone a good virtual handpasser or perhaps a solid imaginary tackler?

I think my point was he can catch the ball when no one's around, but has trouble when contested. Sorry I didn't use a little smilie to get the tone of my message across.:rolleyes:

IMO that also explains why he doesn't play closer to goal as a marking option as he gets muscled out of the contest.

stellation
15th October 2003, 08:33 PM
Stevens won the VFL goal kicking award with Port Melbourne.

They use wider goals in the VFL.