PDA

View Full Version : Round 3 - West Coast

Cheer Squad
5th April 2011, 04:54 PM
Ah, for the good old days when the Swans and the wicked Weagles ruled the roost...

This is a difficult match to tip. West Coast have won their first couple of games against relatively lowly opposition. On the other hand, we've barely made amends at the MCG for a shocker against the Demons last year, and narrowly knocked the high flying Bombers off their perch.

Remember the last time we played West Coast at Subi, in 2008? They'd been getting towelled up by every man and his dog that season, and we all thought we'd have our very own percentage booster against them. Instead, we barely fell across the line, after allowing ourselves to fall way behind at half time.

Centrebet is rating Saturday's game as something of a close thing. And I think it will be too.

Match drawn. :rolleyes:

dimelb
5th April 2011, 05:09 PM
They have lost two stars, but still have a few left. We should beat them, but I wonder if we've got over our reluctance to put a lesser adversary to the sword. I'd like to see a little more Blood-thirstiness. 3 goal win.

Big Al
5th April 2011, 05:27 PM
The Weagles have beaten 2 teams that won't figure in the finals this year so it's hard to judge their form. Swans will get a lift from a corageous effort last week and should probably have too much class. Swans by 26

ernie koala
5th April 2011, 06:13 PM
If the Swans have aspirations of finals footy, then this game is a should win and a must win. Swans by 38

Doctor
5th April 2011, 07:01 PM
Don't overlook the weather. It's been stinkin' hot in Perth for 4 months. The hit out at ANZ Stadium will help us in that regard though. We'll win though, especially with the injuries the Weagles have got.

Cheer Squad
5th April 2011, 08:13 PM
The Weagles have beaten 2 teams that won't figure in the finals this year so it's hard to judge their form. Swans will get a lift from a corageous effort last week and should probably have too much class. Swans by 26

Our biggest win against them in Perth was 27 points, and that was way back when the Eagles entered the competition in 1987!

It seems our style of play just doesn't favour winning big in the west.

Big Al
5th April 2011, 09:08 PM
Ugg - You have some explaining to do. ;)

RogueSwan
5th April 2011, 09:19 PM
We will win by about nine points.
McGlynn to kick the winner after crumbing from Bevo.

wearebloods
5th April 2011, 09:21 PM
Longmire is being interviewed on 6PR in a couple of minutes

Listen online here -> Media Pop Up Player (http://bit.ly/listen6PR)

Yuri H
6th April 2011, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see a little more Blood-thirstiness.

This. I wish we'd stop taking our foot off the pedal the moment we pull ahead, then scramble to catch up when we're again overtaken. Especially against the Eagles! A good total stomping win-by-a-bamillion-goal victory would be so satisfying.

ugg
6th April 2011, 11:24 AM
Ugg - you got some 'splainin' to do. ;)
I'm 0/2 so far, I thought I better ensure I'm 0/3 :D

AnnieH
6th April 2011, 11:52 AM
I sincerely hope we rip them a new one.
Be it a small tear or a gaping hole ... either way, I'll be happy as long as we win.

swansrule100
6th April 2011, 01:43 PM
they still suck, this should be a win any day of the week

Peace
6th April 2011, 02:16 PM
If we beat Fremantle over there last year, we SHOULD easily beat the Eagles this week. However it will probably be decided by a point....

satchmopugdog
6th April 2011, 07:45 PM
The travel will get to us

ScottH
6th April 2011, 08:16 PM
For the 2nd week in a row, we come up against the lastest rising star. Heppel, last week, and Shuey this week.
We also play a top 8 team. We have a good record against top 8 teams so far this year.

R-1
6th April 2011, 09:26 PM
I hope for a curb stomping. I'm sick of close games, I want to destroy a pretender.

Beaussie
6th April 2011, 10:09 PM
Fingers crossed for a win in the west. Always nervous about games at Subiaco.

Matt79
6th April 2011, 10:16 PM
The travel will get to us

Gee, round 3....I'd sure hope not!

Melbournehammer
6th April 2011, 11:42 PM
i think if we win the midfield we win. Darling nicnat and fletcher and lynch will be really hard for us to match up on so if the ball is coming down often at speed we'll lose. if we comfortably beat them around the ball we should win.

robamiee
9th April 2011, 07:17 PM
About to head off to the game..taking the kids for the first time..managed to get some little jumpers..size 2 and 4..looking forward to it...
Surprised Seaby not in there is he injured??? we need two rucks..Mummy can run with Cox, but Nicknat in some form as well....we have the runners, hopefully Bevo starts in the forward line and McGlynn should find some space.....
I think we will win, but only buy a couple of goals at best...we are def a better team than the Eagles.....

AnnieH
10th April 2011, 11:08 AM
About to head off to the game..taking the kids for the first time..managed to get some little jumpers..size 2 and 4..looking forward to it...
Surprised Seaby not in there is he injured??? we need two rucks..Mummy can run with Cox, but Nicknat in some form as well....we have the runners, hopefully Bevo starts in the forward line and McGlynn should find some space.....
I think we will win, but only buy a couple of goals at best...we are def a better team than the Eagles.....

I sincerely hope you and the kids had the best night. How awesome, first gamers and they got a win!! They'll be swannies for life now.
Good job.

RogueSwan
12th April 2011, 12:52 PM
We will win by about nine points...

Only two off. [/gloat]:)

Big Al
12th April 2011, 12:58 PM
Only two off. [/gloat]:)

You need that calculator fixed Rogue.:)

RogueSwan
12th April 2011, 02:00 PM
You need that calculator fixed Rogue.:)

Good to know I can't even get a simple subtraction right whilst I am working on next years labour budget.:o