PDA

View Full Version : Confusion - Sydney AFL or UTS Bats website?

I_Heart_Abbott
15th April 2011, 06:13 PM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this recently, but it feels like the league's communication channels (record & website) have been taken over by the UTS Bats propaganda machine.

Reading the latest piece on the Sydney AFL website, you'd think the Bats were the only club to ever exist within the area.

As a proud member of the UNSW Eastern Suburbs Football Club, I find this a little insulting and I'd like to remind the league that there has been a club in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney since 1880 representing the Bondi area along with the whole of the Eastern Suburbs.

If we realised the league would publish every single press-release we typed up, then I am sure we could fill a few pages too.

Good luck to UTS, we loved having the opportunity to finally play them on level terms in Round 1 and look forward to many more encounters.

If the league could let us now where we can supply our own 'editorial' contributions, that'd be tops!

UTSBatman
15th April 2011, 06:53 PM
I think this particular article is about AFL being played on a ground that has never seen AFL before. It's one of the best surfaces in Australia (if you've ever played cricket there - good wicket!) and the AFL have done a lot of work to be able to have games played there. There is a massive re-development that is happening there as we speak and when that is finished it will be one of the best AFL facility in Sydney (Other than Blacktown, ANZ and the SCG). I think the AFL are proud of this and that is why there is an article about it. I don't believe that there is any intent to insult/diminish UNSW/ES at all. We are very lucky to be benefitting from this - no doubt about that! I can't wait to get out there tomorrow and try it out!

ShortHalfHead
15th April 2011, 08:20 PM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this recently, but it feels like the league's communication channels (record & website) have been taken over by the UTS Bats propaganda machine.

Reading the latest piece on the Sydney AFL website, you'd think the Bats were the only club to ever exist within the area.

As a proud member of the UNSW Eastern Suburbs Football Club, I find this a little insulting and I'd like to remind the league that there has been a club in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney since 1880 representing the Bondi area along with the whole of the Eastern Suburbs.

If we realised the league would publish every single press-release we typed up, then I am sure we could fill a few pages too.

Good luck to UTS, we loved having the opportunity to finally play them on level terms in Round 1 and look forward to many more encounters.

If the league could let us now where we can supply our own 'editorial' contributions, that'd be tops!

We are a low division club in the West but I can assure you every media release we have sent to the league in the last few years has been published. Clubs are often asked to submit articles for publication buy obviously many ignore it.

Maybe go ask your media guy at the club how often he send in reports. Looking at your website, the last time something about a football game was mentioned was over a month ago.

Mug Punter
15th April 2011, 09:16 PM

Well, maybe you guys should have thought of the consequences when you threw your history away by merging with that mob down at Kensington. It effectively left a void in the Eastern Suburbs that UTS have tapped into. Playing at Trumper, East Sydney's spiritual home for starters.

Yeah, you won a cheap flag out of it but you have a club in UTS that actually plays in the Eastern Suburbs catchment area. Sorry guys but they've taken over your market and very well too by the looks of it....

Junior
15th April 2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah, you won a cheap flag out of it ...

Correction, 2 cheap flags.

Norris Lurker
16th April 2011, 10:01 AM
The Sydney AFL are happy to run articles submitted by clubs on their website. But only a handful of clubs do send articles in.
UTS have obviously got a pro-active person who submits material to the Sydney AFL - and good on them for that.

mountainsofpain
18th April 2011, 09:57 AM
The Sydney AFL are happy to run articles submitted by clubs on their website. But only a handful of clubs do send articles in.
UTS have obviously got a pro-active person who submits material to the Sydney AFL - and good on them for that.
That would be the answer you'd think.

"Send it and they will publish................."

Tim Freedman
18th April 2011, 04:13 PM
2 cheap flags?? No such thing

Pekay
18th April 2011, 04:52 PM
2 cheap flags?? No such thing

My thoughts too. No flag is cheap.