PDA

View Full Version : New scoreboard - can we have our time back again?

Go Swannies
17th April 2011, 08:40 PM
The new graphics on the TV screen is very cool with its slightly diagonal stripe. But can we have the time for the quarter displayed again? Reading it off the small scoreboard on the other side of the ground was a challenge - especially through the rain.

Ideally it would show the scores for the previous quarters too but I guess that'd mess with the clean display.

ugg
17th April 2011, 08:56 PM
I think for the majority of the second, third and fourth quarters they showed the score for each quarter and I guess it's up to us to add them up to give the cumulative score at each break

Big Al
17th April 2011, 09:17 PM
The rain last night was unacceptable. Can the club ensure there isn't a repeat for the Carlton match.

Primmy
17th April 2011, 09:24 PM
:rofl

Go Swannies
17th April 2011, 09:34 PM
The rain last night was unacceptable. Can the club ensure there isn't a repeat for the Carlton match.

I like seeing how long a quarter has run. It's handy to know that we are 30 minutes into the final quarter and four points behind, week after week. The new display no longer tells us that. That is a retrograde step.

(btw I'll be in Panama for the Blues game so don't worry about the weather.)

Bas
17th April 2011, 11:23 PM
The big screen above the "can't remember the name of the stand" had shrunk this year from last and then water must have seeped into it and the scoring was bizarre until it was removed. There was 6 quarters of scores at one stage.

Pre-ball up we had the Jersey Boys perform some songs from the show and post ball-up we had some Jersey cows try to take on Geelong!!

Frog
18th April 2011, 12:50 AM
(btw I'll be in Panama for the Blues game so don't worry about the weather.)

In that case, we won't worry too much about the scoreboard for you either then.

Go Swannies
18th April 2011, 07:57 AM
In fact, with the camera angles used this year they may as well turn the whole the whole screen over to more flashing advertising like the stuff along the fence. On Saturday night, only occasionally was there more detail on screen than there was on the field.

Jenny
18th April 2011, 09:55 AM
Hi All,

The clock was removed from the large scoreboard on Saturday night as it was not syncing correctly with the clock on the smaller scoreboard. Given this technical issue, the decision was made to remove the clock for the match to avoid confusion.
It should be back for Round 6.

Thanks,

Jenny

Go Swannies
18th April 2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you Jenny for the clarification. It seemed mad that it had gone and I worried design had won out against common sense. On the other hand, technical glitch resolution is sensible.

j s
18th April 2011, 10:45 AM
I'll be in Panama for the Blues game so don't worry about the weather.

It will probably be raining there.

Primmy
18th April 2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah thank's Jenny.

So what are you going to do about the rain! I moved 3 rows back from seats I have never been rained affected by anyway in the last 13 years, and got damp back there as well. Its just not right. I was shock ed !! Can't have me being shocked.. Was almost thinking that when they pull down the Noble Stand moving over to the other one may be a bit dryer in rain, but then again when its sunny its a barstard. Decisions decision decisions!

Should we be taking up a petition for red ponchos for next year?

Go Swannies
18th April 2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah thank's Jenny.

So what are you going to do about the rain! I moved 3 rows back from seats I have never been rained affected by anyway in the last 13 years, and got damp back there as well. Its just not right. I was shock ed !! Can't have me being shocked.. Was almost thinking that when they pull down the Noble Stand moving over to the other one may be a bit dryer in rain, but then again when its sunny its a barstard. Decisions decision decisions!

Should we be taking up a petition for red ponchos for next year?

Red for boys, white for girls? Or vice versa? Are there more M or F members?

How about individual weather pods? If the seat was a beer keg and/or toilet then all my footy woes would be over - as soon as the timer is fixed.

aardvark
18th April 2011, 12:02 PM
I actually saw a Red and White Wet Suit in the surf shop down here the other day. I'm happy to place orders for anyone interested for a small fee.(idea)