PDA

View Full Version : The Road ahead - see you at the end of round 12

Auntie.Gerald
5th May 2011, 05:17 PM
Beating the Dons and West Coast at home could prove a very good effort by last round.

West Coast and the Dons are in pretty good form and look likely to be top 8 teams

So the next 6 weeks look interesting and could prove to put us in a much better possie.....

I am going out on a limb and saying we can win 4 and maybe a draw...... which may have us nibbling the top6 again :)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
PORT ADELAIDE
HAWTHORN
NORTH MELBOURNE
BRISBANE LIONS
RICHMOND

:confused:

mcs
5th May 2011, 06:55 PM
Not sure why we would care about being close to top 6.... top 4 is all that matters- in most years the other 4 in the finals have been little but bait for the big boys.

We have already lost 2 at home this season so our home form really needs to pick up. There is absolutely no excuse for not getting 5 wins out of that lot. Port Adelaide lost to the suns, North are a bottom 4 team, Brisbane are a rabble, and Richmond really are no better then last year. North and Brisbane away should be no problem imo due to the terrible quality of the two teams.

In summary 4 of those teams are woeful this year and any top 8 challenger let alone top 4 challenger should beat them easily. Doggies is always tough but we beat them finally last year and with a few out we should go close and while Hawthorn have started the season well but it is a home game and we have a reasonable record against them in Sydney.

4 wins is a fail for me, 5 wins a pass and 6 wins would be a good result.

GongSwan
7th May 2011, 05:23 PM
well, we've beaten the dogs, I'd like to think we can beat Hawks, so 6 on the trot isn't out of the question, of course that won't mean much if we can't beat top 4 teams

CureTheSane
7th May 2011, 07:30 PM
Finas are a different kettle of fish, and one which we have been more than adequate at in the past.
Hawks are the big danger game now
Having said that, the Swans will probably lost two games from those posted which we should win....

dimelb
7th May 2011, 10:27 PM
Finas are a different kettle of fish, and one which we have been more than adequate at in the past.
Hawks are the big danger game now
Having said that, the Swans will probably lost two games from those posted which we should win....
As mrs. d said, we could beat any team in the comp, and we could also lose to any team in the comp!

Big Al
7th May 2011, 10:31 PM
As mrs. d said, we could beat any team in the comp, and we could also lose to any team in the comp!

The joys of a young developing team.

RogueSwan
8th May 2011, 03:54 PM
...and Richmond really are no better then last year....
so thy will beat us by about a goal again?

edit: oops, that was our away game we lost to them

Auntie.Gerald
8th May 2011, 04:03 PM
so thy will beat us by about a goal again?

edit: oops, that was our away game we lost to them

The Tiges are on the up.............great result this weekend.

Jewels
8th May 2011, 06:48 PM
The Tiges are on the up.............great result this weekend.

Not taking anything away from the Tiges win, they certainly are on the way up and i think Hardwick has what it takes to make a great coach, but Freo are not exactly known for too many great resullts away from Subi.

robamiee
8th May 2011, 08:02 PM
When you actually look at our draw we have a good run for the year....
Here how i think we will do realistically...

Port @ Home (WIN)
Hawks @ Home (Winable)
North @ AWAY (WIN)
Lions @ AWAY (WIN)
Tigers @ HOme (WIN)
Blues @ AWAY (LOSS) but winnable
PIES @ HOME (LOSS)
Crows @ AWAY (WIN)
SUNS @ AWAY (WIN)
DOCKERS @ HOME (WIN)
DOGGIES @ HOME (WIN)
BOMBERS @ AWAY (LOSS)
TIGERS @ AWAY (LOSS/WINNABLE?)
SAINTS @ HOME (WIN)
CATS @ AWAY (LOSS)
LIONS @ HOME (WIN)

SO that gives potentially 11-5 from the remaining rounds (as long as goal kicking improves) even if we go 10-6 will see us i reckon boarding top 4........
Hawks at home will be tough and tigers and bombers away will be tough but winnable games depends on how their youngsters go towards the back end of the year.

mcs
8th May 2011, 09:45 PM
I reckon we can beat the Blues in Melbourne just like we did last year... Dockers at home will be tough, as will the Doggies and the Saints. Tigers are improvers but as long as if we are serious top 4 contenders we need to beat them. So many teams this year that are hot one week and freezing cold the next. There is not much this season between the middle bunch of teams but a big gap imo from the top two to the rest and the bottom 4 or 5 teams.