PDA

View Full Version : VFL VENUE CHANGE: Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns

Jenny
11th May 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi All,

Just in case you miss the update on the website, the Reserves match has once again be moved to Lakeside Oval to try and ensure the Seniors match has the best playing conditions possible on the SCG on Saturday night.

The link to the full story can be found here (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/113614/default.aspx).

The SCG gates will open at 4.30pm following the Reserves game, so you should have plenty of time to watch the boys at Lakeside before heading over and securing your favourite spots in the Red Zone.

As an additional reminder, don't forget that the Seniors game will now start at 7.40pm on Saturday night.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers,
Jenny

ugg
11th May 2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the info Jenny.

I think we all know the real reason is to get TDL back into form. IIRC, he hasn't kicked less than 4 goals in any of his matches at Lakeside.

I'm not a fan of watching from Lakeside, it's hard to see the action when play is occurring far away. I would love to go up that cherry picker that the Swans use to film the game. And to top if off, the following week there's no reserves match before the Hawks game! One can only wonder why the AFL couldn't schedule the FOXTEL Cup game for next week, or move our reserves' bye to this week. Sigh.

aardvark
11th May 2011, 06:22 PM
Hey there Jenny,
If the club films the Ressies games is there any chance of putting a replay up on the website? Even a highlights package would be great. All your Southern members would be very appreciative and probably a few locals too.
Thx.

stellation
11th May 2011, 06:45 PM
Hey there Jenny,
If the club films the Ressies games is there any chance of putting a replay up on the website? Even a highlights package would be great. All your Southern members would be very appreciative and probably a few locals too.
Thx.
Somebody's missing Jesse. :o

liz
11th May 2011, 06:57 PM
That is actually excellent news because it means we don't have to sit through the FOX Cup game because we're stuck in a ground with no passouts. Nothing against the FOX Cup per se, but three games in a row could be a bit tiring.

Old Royboy
11th May 2011, 08:26 PM
I'm very pleased that the ressies have been scheduled to finish before the gates open - the last game the gates opened just after 3/4 time. So weather permitting I will be there. Looking forward to this, as playing against the Suns will be a real test for our kids.

I'm confused by Liz's comment re passouts - I thought that all one had to do was scan membership on the way out and scan it back on re entry. It worked that way for us red zoners when we saw Kel's statue unveiled.

Primmy
11th May 2011, 09:08 PM
I* think that was just a one off ORB. Well thank heavens I can get to see this match! I have been feeling neglected, and what on earth would my boys be doing without ME giving them loving thoughts!!!!!

Its a win for me, if its not raining. Ta Jenny. Complement the whoever who had the common sense to do this, especially holding back the gate opening so we aren't disadvantaged.

R-1
11th May 2011, 10:53 PM
Hmm, that means I'll be practically the first one to the SCG because I actually support the Port Magpies...

Triple B
12th May 2011, 08:50 AM
I'm confused by Liz's comment re passouts - I thought that all one had to do was scan membership on the way out and scan it back on re entry. It worked that way for us red zoners when we saw Kel's statue unveiled.

Done the same thing many times when I've had a need to meet friends outside the ground but wanted to watch the 2's before they arrived. It may be different though from exiting the public turnstiles I imagine Liz uses, as opposed to the members turnstile.

stellation
12th May 2011, 09:08 AM
Done the same thing many times when I've had a need to meet friends outside the ground but wanted to watch the 2's before they arrived. It may be different though from exiting the public turnstiles I imagine Liz uses, as opposed to the members turnstile.

We really do need to add to the smilies- perhaps one with a top hat, monacle and fine moustache looking down its nose at the public turnstile users. :p :D

ugg
12th May 2011, 09:33 AM
When they unveiled Kelly's statue, if you exited from the gates right next to the statue they gave a piece of paper or cardboard which you had to surrender to get back in. No scanning of cards or tickets. So yes that was a passout but that was for that special occasion only

Triple B
12th May 2011, 09:45 AM
That would appear to confirm then that the SCG Members gate is setup so you can scan out and in as necessary, but not from the other entry points.

Big Al
12th May 2011, 10:05 AM
[Due to the change in venue for the reserves, the SCG gates will now open at 4.30pm, just before the curtain raiser between Sydney AFL club East Coast Eagles, and South Australian National Football League (SANFL) club, Port Adelaide Magpies. That match will start on the SCG at 4.45pm.

:rofl :hmmm

Big Al
12th May 2011, 10:32 AM
We really do need to add to the smilies- perhaps one with a top hat, monacle and fine moustache looking down its nose at the public turnstile users. :p :D

I complain every year that it isn't fair for the Brewongle Stand VIP's to have to enter through the same gate as the public. We have standards you know.

aardvark
12th May 2011, 12:35 PM
Somebody's missing Jesse. :o

Stella you are being evil again. I've a funny feeling he may be back again this week. He doesn't deserve it though......

ugg
15th May 2011, 12:33 AM
I think we all know the real reason is to get TDL back into form. IIRC, he hasn't kicked less than 4 goals in any of his matches at Lakeside.

Tactic successful! 7 goals for Trent today

I hear plans are afoot to rename the venue to Trent Dennis-Lane Oval

laughingnome
15th May 2011, 01:32 AM
Watching from quarter time, it seemed that the Protostars (ie young Suns) hard a lot of trouble coping with the crosswind, especially in their forward half. Perhaps there was a cunning plan afoot even more sinister than TDL's goalkicking average :p