PDA

View Full Version : LRT - Will return for PA game

ScottH
12th May 2011, 09:01 AM
Roberts-Thomson, who has not played since round 15 last year, has had four reserves games since overcoming severe hamstring and calf problems, with coach John Longmire explaining yesterday that he was now pain-free after pulling up sore in his first two games back in the lower grade.

"He played 90 minutes on the weekend and got through the game well," Longmire said.

"The big question for us is whether he'll be right to go for 110 minutes? He really was in super form before his injury last year and he'll be a bonus for us when he's right, no doubt."

Lewis Roberts-Thomson set to return to full power for Sydney Swans (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/roberts-thomson-set-to-return-to-full-power-for-swans/story-e6frg7mf-1226053614094)

neilfws
12th May 2011, 11:27 AM
Swans Facebook page says LRT just announced his senior return. Great news.

Nich
12th May 2011, 11:27 AM
Sydney Swans Facebook -
LRT has just told the media he'll make his senior comeback this weekend. He's been out since round 15 last year so it's a very welcome return.

BSA5
12th May 2011, 11:55 AM
Lewis Roberts-Thomson set to return to full power for Sydney Swans (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/roberts-thomson-set-to-return-to-full-power-for-swans/story-e6frg7mf-1226053614094)

Wow, anybody notice the journo seemed to get his wires crossed regarding Malceski?

liz
12th May 2011, 12:03 PM
At whose expense, I wonder?

Does this mean that Mattner is out? Surely Johnson won't be dropped after last week's effort - he would otherwise be the most obvious tall defender to make way for LRT. Or are they going to bring LRT in as a tall forward / ruck option to replace Pyke? LRT has been a viable pinch-hit ruckman in the past but I can't see them subjecting him to this in his first game back from injury. He could be in as a forward alone, with Seabs to also come in. But then they'd probably have to drop Everitt, and he actually presented well as a tallish marking target up forward last week.

Yuri H
12th May 2011, 12:08 PM
Wow, anybody notice the journo seemed to get his wires crossed regarding Malceski?

Add it to the tally for the RWO "Brian" Award.

On-Baller
12th May 2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah the Malceski thing is weird,although he isnt on his own there ive now seen 4 media outlets in the last week say Mal is only 1 week away.

Triple B
12th May 2011, 12:33 PM
He is only a week away from returning to the field, but it's highly unlikely it will be via the seniors.

On-Baller
12th May 2011, 12:44 PM
Oh cool didnt think he'd be that close,has it been a superfast recovery?Or am i imagining things?wouldnt be the first time.

ScottH
12th May 2011, 12:57 PM
It's been confirmed.

Sydney has been forced to make at least one change to the team that beat Western Bulldogs in Canberra last weekend following an injury to backup ruckman Mike Pyke.

Roberts-Thomson, who did some ruck work in the early stages of his AFL career, could be used to pinch hit in that role again.

However, Longmire emphasised Roberts-Thomson's primary role was as a "stopper" on one of the opposition's key forwards.

ABC Sport - Roberts-Thomson to return for Port clash (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/12/3214795.htm?site=sport&section=all)

ugg
12th May 2011, 12:58 PM
A possible brief would be to follow Dan Stewart, Port's usual 2nd ruckman around. If Stewart is forward, play as a tall defender. If Stewart moves into the ruck, follow him there.

jono2707
12th May 2011, 01:04 PM
I hope to see him back in the team - could be an ideal candidate to be subbed off in the 3rd or 4th quarter if he's a bit short of a run.

ShockOfHair
12th May 2011, 01:18 PM
A possible brief would be to follow Dan Stewart, Port's usual 2nd ruckman around. If Stewart is forward, play as a tall defender. If Stewart moves into the ruck, follow him there.

That could work. In any case he's back as a defender, not as pinch-hitter forward. Everitt to go forward?

However, Longmire emphasised Roberts-Thomson's primary role was as a "stopper" on one of the opposition's key forwards.
ABC Sport - Roberts-Thomson to return for Port clash (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/12/3214795.htm?site=sport&section=all)

swansrule100
12th May 2011, 01:24 PM
perhaps he is in and mattner shaw or kennelly start as the sub

msb
12th May 2011, 01:31 PM
I guess this means seaby misses out again and LRT comes in for pyke and will pinch hit in the ruck....otherwise im buggered to think who will make way.

swansrule100
12th May 2011, 01:48 PM
unless theres some sore players we dont know about

Dosser
12th May 2011, 02:10 PM
I'm still a bit nervous after seeing Mummy hold his hammy during a chase last weekend. I wonder if there is something they aren't telling us?

aardvark
12th May 2011, 02:15 PM
I'm still a bit nervous after seeing Mummy hold his hammy during a chase last weekend. I wonder if there is something they aren't telling us?

+1 You may be right...

Mountain Man
12th May 2011, 03:51 PM
LRT return this week would be a good decision IMHO, so some confidence and co-operation can be re-established within the possible back 6 prior to the Hawks game next week. Franklin and Roughead would be a big ask for the Grundy plus Richards/Everitt/AJ line up.

dimelb
12th May 2011, 04:28 PM
LRT return this week would be a good decision IMHO, so some confidence and co-operation can be re-established within the possible back 6 prior to the Hawks game next week. Franklin and Roughead would be a big ask for the Grundy plus Richards/Everitt/AJ line up.
John Longmire: "I'll see your gorilla and raise you one."

gumby_bolts
12th May 2011, 04:49 PM
+1 You may be right...

According to a tweet from Ted Mummy came 2nd in the team bonding tenpin bowling last night so you'd think his hammy is ok if he is bending down to bowl. :D

satchmopugdog
12th May 2011, 05:00 PM
According to a tweet from Ted Mummy came 2nd in the team bonding tenpin bowling last night so you'd think his hammy is ok if he is bending down to bowl. :D

Where would we be without Ted????

Scottee
12th May 2011, 05:03 PM
Not keen on it. Seaby needs to be given a run for the structure of the team. Unless of course I am wrong and someone else is injured in which case it is a brilliant move.

Primmy
12th May 2011, 08:44 PM
OK so now we know, Luke Parker is in, so will probably sub, and Doggy is out.....:frown