PDA

View Full Version : From what you've seen so far...

JudesaGun
13th May 2011, 02:43 PM
...when everyone is up and running, who is in our best 22? A very difficult task I would say, after a number of recent additions.

Here's mine:

Smith Grundy Richards
Kennelly LRT Malceski
McVeigh Goodes O'Keefe
McGlynn Reid Everitt
Bolton Pyke Shaw

Mumford Jack Kennedy

Hannebery Jetta Mattner Rohan

Unlucky:
Johnson
Bird
Moore
Parker
Gordon
Moore

I think Rohan's spot is up for grabs between him, Bird and Parker.

Big Al
13th May 2011, 02:47 PM
You're assuming that Bradshaw never gets up and running this year??? If so, that's pretty much the team I'd pick as well.

DeadlyAkkuret
13th May 2011, 02:48 PM
Surely Bradshaw would make the side, and Rohan should be a definite starter if Jetta is.

JudesaGun
13th May 2011, 02:50 PM
Your assuming that Bradshaw never gets up and running this year??? If so that's pretty much the team I'd pick as well.

Forgot Bradshaw and that was probably because I assume he won't. But if he does. I think Pyke would have to make way.

JudesaGun
13th May 2011, 02:55 PM
Surely Bradshaw would make the side, and Rohan should be a definite starter if Jetta is.

Probably agree with that.

GongSwan
13th May 2011, 02:58 PM
Looks a good side on paper, and the back six especially, with Mattner on the bench tp rotate thru a defensive role, and Bolton Shaw and Okeefe to do the midfield rotations, I'm eager to see what the rig does this week, whether he's the answer to our in and under problem with the loss of Kirk. If White stands up, he'd have to take Pyke's place in the team tho, or Seaby if he finds form and fitness, there is some depth there. Reid may welll not make thru an entire season, he's still a bit fragile, so White might come in for him, at some stage. I'd probably start Marty, with Smith on the bench, see who's off the chain and send Smith on to lock them down, but then this isn't about tactics, it's bout a team on paper and i think yv nailed it

dimelb
13th May 2011, 04:31 PM
...when everyone is up and running, who is in our best 22? A very difficult task I would say, after a number of recent additions.

Here's mine:

Smith Grundy Richards
Kennelly LRT Malceski
McVeigh Goodes O'Keefe
McGlynn Reid Everitt
Bolton Pyke Shaw

Mumford Jack Kennedy

Unlucky:
Johnson
Bird
Moore
Parker
Gordon
Moore

I agree with this, assuming we have seen the last of Bradshaw as a player, which I think is, very sadly, the case. There are a couple of very good unluckies.

Bleed Red Blood
13th May 2011, 05:39 PM
By finals time I hope it looks a little like this:

Smith - Grundy - Sumner
Kennelly - LRT - Richards
Goodes - O'Keefe - McVeigh
Malceski - Reid - McGlynn
Dennis-Lane - Braddyshaw/White - Everitt
Mumford - Kennedy - Jude Bolton
Jetta - Bird - Seaby - Hannerbery

IF Bradshaw does make it back, Reid would have to be dropped and one of the play some minutes forward.

There's probably no way Sumner will force Shaw out, despite how much I hope for it. And at some point, a decision on Mattner/Richards might have to be made, cause I don't think we can have both + LRT and Grundy all in defense at the same time. Guess it depends who we're playing.

So that side leaves the following players with AFL experience out: Mike Pyke, Shaw, Mattner, Bevan, Moore (Had to drop for Hanners), Rohan, Johnson, Gordon, Parker, Heath.

RogueSwan
13th May 2011, 07:11 PM
By finals time I hope it looks a little like this:

Smith - Grundy - Sumner
Kennelly - LRT - Richards
Goodes - O'Keefe - McVeigh
Malceski - Reid - McGlynn
Dennis-Lane - Braddyshaw/White - Everitt
Mumford - Kennedy - Jude Bolton
Jetta - Bird - Seaby - Hannerbery

IF Bradshaw does make it back, Reid would have to be dropped and one of the play some minutes forward.

There's probably no way Sumner will force Shaw out, despite how much I hope for it. And at some point, a decision on Mattner/Richards might have to be made, cause I don't think we can have both + LRT and Grundy all in defense at the same time. Guess it depends who we're playing.

So that side leaves the following players with AFL experience out: Mike Pyke, Shaw, Mattner, Bevan, Moore (Had to drop for Hanners), Rohan, Johnson, Gordon, Parker, Heath.

Good to see TDL included, he has to be and should be now.
I reckon you overlooked Jack?
Mattner over Sumner - Marty is a much better defender, Sumner needs to perform a few "super-Marty" tackles before contesting for his position. A backline of Smith, Reg, Mattner, Irish, Hyphen and Teddy is a very solid prospect, as long as the midfielders come up even in their battle it is hard to see much getting past that back six.

The only other change I would make would be to swap out White for Pyke. Pyke is no worse a forward than White, from what little we've seen, and offers a better ruck option in the forward half. Maybe swap out Everitt for Shaw. Shaw can play forward well enough and offers a better option if required to drop down back.

Backs: Smith, Reg, Mattner, Irish, Hyphen, Teddy,Shaw

Mids: Mummy, Jack, Kennedy, B1, Macca, Eski, Bird, Hanners, Seaby
Mid/Fwd: Goodes, ROK, McGlynn

Fwds: Reid, TDL, Pyke

Actually that looks too tall - keep the better of Pyke and Seaby, drop the other and bring in Jetta or Rohan. Both are fast and exciting to watch.
[/my two cents] :)

Auntie.Gerald
13th May 2011, 07:18 PM
we are with doubt flooding thru the juniors and a strategy that worked brilliantly for the Pies as per the results the last few years.

Getting a team to peak with enough experienced players is the key for the Swannies for 2012...........2011 for me is giving our best with virgin players getting Seniors game time.

BRISWAN
13th May 2011, 07:44 PM
BEST 22

Smith - Grundy - Richards
Kennelly - LRT - Shaw
Malceski - McVeigh - Hannerbury
Dennis-Lane - Goodes - O'Keefe
Jude - Bradshaw - McGlynn
Mumford - Kennedy - Jack

Jetta-Reid-Mattner-Rohan

Fringes: Seaby, A Johnson, Summner, Pyke, White, Bird
Hopefulls: L.Johnson, J.Lamb, Everitt, Meridith,

Lucky Knickers
13th May 2011, 08:49 PM

Here's mine:

Smith Grundy Richards
Kennelly LRT Malceski
McVeigh Goodes O'Keefe
McGlynn Reid Everitt
Bolton Pyke Shaw

Mumford Jack Kennedy

Unlucky:
Johnson
Bird
Moore
Parker
Gordon
Moore

I love that Gordon and Parker who have played 1 senior game between them are considered unlucky.
If I was AJ I might feel a bit harshly judged.

On-Baller
14th May 2011, 02:09 AM
This was a lot harder than i thought it would be,i was sort of torn between thinking about whats best for the future,or short term, there's probably at least one or two players i haven't put in that others would have.

Mattner-LRT-Shaw
Smith-Richards-Malceski
McVeigh-Kennedy-Hannebery
O'Keefe-Pyke-McGlynn
Bolton-Grundy-Rohan
Mumford-Goodes-Jack

Jetta-Moore-Everitt-Bird