PDA

View Full Version : swans website webcast webvideos

EMJ
15th May 2011, 12:45 PM
Is anyone having trouble with the webcasting of Swans TV.

All I get is 1/4 of the screen and it is too hard to view

ScottH
15th May 2011, 12:51 PM
I got that on the Dan and Kizza interview.
FF doesn't work at all.
And I got the 1/4 of screen + audio on IE9. :(

Primmy
15th May 2011, 01:18 PM
Check with your supplier - I was having all sorts and accosted Bigpond about it. they "reset" something on my line and all of a sudden I have ADSL2! what I 'ave been paying for for the last 5 months I might add.

EMJ
18th May 2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the info Primmy - checked with supplier or tried to but after numerous calls overseas that even made the task of understanding their name or info - i was very angry and have emailed off my anger. When we have all connections through telstra and cannot get a sensible answer and have to be replied to by overseas people who I cannot hear on the phone.

I guess I will be waiting till next year with Telstra to have a reply to my problem.

ugg
18th May 2011, 11:25 AM
I think most of them make their way onto their youtube channel so you can try watching it there

http://www.youtube.com/sydneyswansofficial

dimelb
18th May 2011, 01:10 PM
I was going to say I don't have any problems, but I just got stuck/frozen about one quarter of the way into Nipper's interview with Rhyce Shaw.

ABloodsMan
18th May 2011, 02:12 PM
Had to laugh at the start of the interview. "Good afternoon it's Nathan Gordon here with ahh.." Looks down at paper "Rhyce Shaw"

liz
18th May 2011, 02:22 PM
Most of the time the videos work fine for me. However, occasionally they do seem to get stuck shortly after they start. I usually try to decrease the video quality from high (my default) to medium or even low and generally they then seem to work. The difference in picture quality is generally not too bad, especially for "static" interviews. For action reels it can get a bit blurry.

dimelb
18th May 2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks Liz. I was on medium, so switched to low. Instead of stopping at 1min 24s it stopped at 14s. So I reset to high and it ran right through! I'll keep it in mind as something else to tinker with if it doesn't work properly.

Primmy
18th May 2011, 03:05 PM
Also I have given up on firefox connection and keep IE for Swans videos only....go figure.

chivo
18th May 2011, 03:24 PM
Also I have given up on firefox connection and keep IE for Swans videos only....go figure.

Try google chrome, best browser by far.

GongSwan
18th May 2011, 04:39 PM
Try google chrome, best browser by far.

Yep, but uninstall the shockwave flash player pugin or yl get nuttin

Primmy
18th May 2011, 04:58 PM
no no no....too hard, too much stuff, too not me.

Auntie.Gerald
18th May 2011, 09:12 PM
Google chrome is great

has to be adsl2 I reckon with any of the footy sites video

i had 1.5 and swapped over .............best thing i ever did

Auntie.Gerald
18th May 2011, 09:12 PM
i use people telecom $49pm

aardvark
18th May 2011, 09:19 PM
Google chrome is great

has to be adsl2 I reckon with any of the footy sites video

i had 1.5 and swapped over .............best thing i ever did

Yep I use Google chrome and ADSL 2 and never a problem.

BigBarryRound25
18th May 2011, 10:03 PM
Since October last year we have had the Telstra tbox pvr. I have heard a lot of negatives about this product but for us it has been cheap and efficient. The biggest bonus for me is the AFL content most particularly the swans channel.

All of the Swans Internet content appears on the Swans channel including full game replays either 12 or 24 hours after concluding.

I have been thinking a while about posting to advocate this product because I just can't fault it.

I do t have any connection to Telstra other than the tbox and for someone living 500 kms from the closest capital city (and not being able to justify foxtel on the family budget), I'm finding it much easier to follow my beloved Swannies this year.

ShockOfHair
18th May 2011, 10:43 PM
Had to laugh at the start of the interview. "Good afternoon it's Nathan Gordon here with ahh.." Looks down at paper "Rhyce Shaw"

Another Nipper classic.:D I assume the interview is part of his remedial media training.

undy
18th May 2011, 11:00 PM

Primmy - there is an add-on for FireFox that lets you run specified web-sites as IE tabs within FF. That may save you switching browsers - think its called IE Tab plus or something similar.

RogueSwan
23rd May 2011, 10:21 AM
If you have trouble watching the clips on swans tv just right-click on the clip and choose "Save link as ..." (or "Save Target as ..." in IE) and save the mp4 file on your 'puter for watching at your leisure.