PDA

View Full Version : Round 9 - Hawthorn

Cheer Squad
17th May 2011, 10:02 AM
Sunday's match against the Hawks has a kind of "season-defining" element to it.

Hawthorn are being touted as genuine top 4 material, and even though they've been hit by injuries to key players, should provide a genuine test for us. Put simply, we must win if we're serious about cracking the top 6, let alone top 4.

The Hawk's recent record at the SCG has been quite similar to Carlton's. Apart from a win back in 2003, the last time they won at the SCG was way back in 1994.

As far as the crowd goes, we really should expect somewhere between 25,000-30,000 for this game. No excuses.

I think we will do just enough to win. Swans by 10.

dimelb
17th May 2011, 10:42 AM
Another nail-biting heart-stressing encounter. Swans by one goal or less.

Doctor
17th May 2011, 12:50 PM
We'll win. It'll be close, but it almost always is!

Will this game feature the most natural left-footers ever to appear in an AFL match at the one time? I think the Hawks may have even more than we do!

ugg
17th May 2011, 01:07 PM
There's a NRL match next door starting at 3pm. It could be quite chaotic getting out of Moore Park! Strangely for all the SCG games I've attended I can't remember the last time there was something else on at the same time as our game.

laughingnome
17th May 2011, 02:11 PM
There's a NRL match next door starting at 3pm. It could be quite chaotic getting out of Moore Park! Strangely for all the SCG games I've attended I can't remember the last time there was something else on at the same time as our game.

I know it's happened before - I can remember the traffic chaos! - but I couldn't tell you when. Hasn't been for some time.

Yuri H
18th May 2011, 11:02 PM
We keep playing in fits and starts. If we don't really play four full quarters this time, we're doomed - but I refuse to be gloomy come poll-time, so I'll agree with dimelb. I'll be there, heavily self-medicating myself on cheap red wine for the inevitable heartstopper ...

BSA5
19th May 2011, 03:05 AM
Am I the only person that doesn't really rate Hawthorn this year?

Big Al
19th May 2011, 08:33 AM

No, simply because like us the difference between their best and worst is pretty wide and that doesn't get it done against the top sides.

Jewels
19th May 2011, 03:08 PM

No, I said in a post quite a while ago that I don't rate them and never have. I thought they were very fortunate to win the flag in 08 in fact.
I just voted for them cause every time I select us, we lose. So I'm never going to vote for us again and in games (like last week) where nobody in their right mind wouldn't pick us, I don't vote at all!

Claret
19th May 2011, 03:18 PM
We'll win. It'll be close, but it almost always is!

Will this game feature the most natural left-footers ever to appear in an AFL match at the one time? I think the Hawks may have even more than we do!

I could watch Matt Suckling kick-in all day long. I can't think of a better kick in footy at present.

Peace
19th May 2011, 03:21 PM
With hawthorns current depleted defence and ruck.... i just cannot see how their forwardline will be able to out score the amount goals their defence will leak.

DO NOT RATE.

AnnieH
20th May 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm still scared.
Hope our skills turn up to play.

satchmopugdog
20th May 2011, 10:35 AM
I'm still scared.
Hope our skills turn up to play.

I'm always scared and I am still emotionally scarred from the 80's...I just never think we are going to beat Hawthorn.