PDA

View Full Version : Standalone reserves for WA...

Triple B
2nd June 2011, 05:22 PM
Standalone reserves (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/115359/default.aspx)

Whilst we all acknowledge that playing a national reserves competition with every team having a reserves would be the ideal, I feel the article above vindicates the Swans view that the benefits of keeping your side together and having full control of where and when players play is preferable, even if it means playing in an inferior competition to what they may wish...

liz
2nd June 2011, 05:40 PM
It will be a huge advantage for the WA sides (and the SA sides if they went down this track) to have both the benefits of a stand-alone team and one playing in a much higher standard compeition. I guess Geelong and Collingwood already enjoy these benefits.

jono2707
2nd June 2011, 05:47 PM
It will be a huge advantage for the WA sides (and the SA sides if they went down this track) to have both the benefits of a stand-alone team and one playing in a much higher standard compeition. I guess Geelong and Collingwood already enjoy these benefits.

Can our Ressies join the WA comp as well???

Hopefully the standard of the NEAFL improves over time anyway....

BSA5
2nd June 2011, 07:21 PM
Hopefully the standard of the NEAFL improves over time anyway....

This would be ideal. Hopefully the exposure of the Foxtel Cup will help lower leagues get bigger and better. Four AFL reserves teams playing in a comp instead of one in each of two should help the NEAFL too.