PDA

View Full Version : Round 12 - Richmond

Cheer Squad
7th June 2011, 12:59 PM
We shouldn't have too much trouble against the Tigers this Sunday.

Hopefully, we'll have a good win, and get some momentum behind us for the next couple of weeks. We're going to need it.

It's supposed to rain on Sunday, I hope that's not going to be a problem.

Swans by 22.

ScottH
7th June 2011, 01:19 PM
There are Games we should win and ... I'll leave it at that.

ugg
7th June 2011, 01:36 PM
Heads up. Cityrail are planning major trackwork this long weekend. I know the Northern and North Shore lines are severely affected

Cpt. Kirk
7th June 2011, 01:39 PM
Cotchin and Martin are the keys if we can shut them down should be a victory.

longmile
7th June 2011, 01:39 PM
Raining and at the SCG. Doesnt sound like the best combo considering recent form there. Fingers crossed on what should be a fairly easy win.

Big Al
7th June 2011, 01:40 PM
Will be a short priced favourite after a good win away from home last week and we'll be back at the SCG so Ricmond by 10

Yuri H
7th June 2011, 02:36 PM
I'm still scarred by last year's loss - rd 14 I think - after we had a comfortable lead vs them (which explains why I was watching last weekend's game with my my hands covering my eyes even in the 3rd quarter). As we always seem to say here ... depends which Swans team shows up.

dimelb
7th June 2011, 02:45 PM
If our blokes gel as they did last weekend, a 5 goal win is a strong possibility. Provided we take nothing for granted and are switched on from the start.

msb
7th June 2011, 03:25 PM
There are Games we should win and ... I'll leave it at that.

Not only should win, but MUST win. Another loss at the SCG would be a disaster! Also with games against carlton and collingwood to come, a win here would give us some space on the teams below before a probable loss against carlton and a definate loss against coll. Swans by 19.

Plugger1300
7th June 2011, 03:44 PM
The team should be full of confidence, i'm getting more confident in the team. I thought the North game while not pretty was a turning point in the season. Sometimes the team needs a close win especially away from home to galvanise them. Players like Bird, Smith, AJ are gaining from playing week in and out. TDL will be better for the run.
If it rains mark down Jude for 40 possesions. I wouldn't risk Mumford or Jack this week. The young Tigers don't travel real well and i think we should account for them by 5 goals

Aaron
7th June 2011, 05:03 PM
Can't be too optimistic. Weather forecast - a shower or two on Sunday afternoon with 99% cloud - we don't have a good record in the wet this year!

swanspant12
7th June 2011, 06:03 PM
Are the tigers gonna mount any sort of challenge to us considering our win last week and the upbeat feeling around the club atm. I like the tiges and think they have a terrific midfield as well as the best goalkicker in the afl at the moment. Thoughts?

Cpt. Kirk
7th June 2011, 06:11 PM
Are the tigers gonna mount any sort of challenge to us considering our win last week and the upbeat feeling around the club atm. I like the tiges and think they have a terrific midfield as well as the best goalkicker in the afl at the moment. Thoughts?

I rate them very highly and they will definitely be in the 8 at the end of this year, and i agree with you on their midfield and forward their defence maybe 1 or 2 good players off being good so yeah should be a good match.
Get ready for another close one.

Nich
7th June 2011, 06:17 PM
I think it will be easy. We've been done at the SCG by Carlton/Geelong and we were in both games. Hawthorn smacked us fair and square however we will do this pretty comfortably i'm sure. Back in form, home ground, Sunday arvo, Richmond off the bye = WIN.

Big Al
7th June 2011, 06:40 PM
When everything points to a Swans win is when I get the most worried.

Melbourne_Blood
7th June 2011, 06:43 PM
Their speed is a worry. Hawthorn really exposed us by moving it quickly at the SCG. Our midfield need to be as prominent as they were against the Lions, because the Tiges will hurt us if they get too much of the footy.

alison.z
7th June 2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah I think this is going to be a tough game ... However if we can put in a strong performance, it will hold us in good stead against Carlton and Collingwood in the following fortnight!

erica
7th June 2011, 07:00 PM
When everything points to a Swans win is when I get the most worried.

I'm nervous - very nervous - about this game.

Wardy
8th June 2011, 07:48 PM
I'm with you Erica - when we are supposed to romp it home - we dont, I'm nervous as all get about it, and its going to be cold and wet. so how are the tigers in the rain?

swantastic
8th June 2011, 10:56 PM
my man jake king will tear us a new 1 if we dnt watch out

alison.z
9th June 2011, 12:45 AM
No Mummy this week according to a members email i just received!

wolftone57
9th June 2011, 08:39 AM
No Mummy this week according to a members email i just received!

That could be a problem against this mob. Their ruck division his been travelling well. I don't like the idea of rain we haven't performed well in the rain this year & seem to prefer the big grounds to the SCG.

wolftone57
9th June 2011, 08:41 AM
By the way going out to ANZ to watch the game against the Pies, I live in Lilyfield, are there buses up Para Rd that go there? If not I suppose I'll have to get train.

Wardy
10th June 2011, 04:16 PM
By the way going out to ANZ to watch the game against the Pies, I live in Lilyfield, are there buses up Para Rd that go there? If not I suppose I'll have to get train.

If you are Lilyfield - I think you can get a bus on Victoria road. (wouldnt tht be closer?)

msb
10th June 2011, 04:38 PM
I rate them very highly and they will definitely be in the 8 at the end of this year, and i agree with you on their midfield and forward their defence maybe 1 or 2 good players off being good so yeah should be a good match.
Get ready for another close one.

I would certainly not say definately (this is richmond we are talking about, the king of 9th position!) but they are some chance to make the 8. Their loss against port, a game they really should of won regardless of where it was played, just confirmed that they are still developing and have a fair way to go IMO. We really SHOULD win this comfortably.

Triple B
10th June 2011, 07:21 PM

If you're close to the light rail station, may be just as easy to jump the light rail to Central, arriving at the Country platform where the special trains leave from. You'll need to pay on the light rail though...

Jewels
10th June 2011, 08:44 PM
I would certainly not say definately (this is richmond we are talking about, the king of 9th position!) but they are some chance to make the 8. Their loss against port, a game they really should of won regardless of where it was played, just confirmed that they are still developing and have a fair way to go IMO. We really SHOULD win this comfortably.

My thoughts also.

Cheer Squad
12th June 2011, 09:54 AM
As forecast, today's weather in Sydney is wet - very,very wet. I hope this doesn't wreck our chances this afternoon.

Jeffers1984
12th June 2011, 10:00 AM
yep, this game will really test Reid's effectiveness today in the forward line.
Gonna be a real tight one IMO.

stellation
12th June 2011, 10:11 AM

Oh, coming from Lilyfield on a Saturday... best bet is for you to first go to the market at the school, buy a heap of smoked sausages from the Eumundi folks, then do whatever to get to the football (irrelevant) THEN find me and give me the sausages. That's easily the best way to go about it.