PDA

View Full Version : The Eagles claim a top 4 scalp...

Cheer Squad
26th June 2011, 05:44 PM
36 point win over Carlton at Etihad.

Wouldn't surprise me if we meet them in the finals...

ugg
26th June 2011, 05:47 PM
We softened them up

I suppose we should be cheering for the eagles to take carlton's spot in the top four so we can add a top four scalp and remove two losses from that tally

Cheer Squad
26th June 2011, 05:56 PM
We softened them up

I suppose we should be cheering for the eagles to take carlton's spot in the top four so we can add a top four scalp and remove two losses from that tally

That's cheating!:rolleyes:

ugg
26th June 2011, 06:01 PM
Well it all depends on how you define it. Do you count Essendon as top 4 scalp since they were top 4 when we beat them?

hot potato
26th June 2011, 06:22 PM
A team is often flat a week after playing The Swans. Eagles were chock full.of confidence today. Cats will bring them back to earth.

Cheer Squad
26th June 2011, 07:56 PM
Well it all depends on how you define it. Do you count Essendon as top 4 scalp since they were top 4 when we beat them?

It's an interesting question, isn't it? At what part of the season does beating a top 4 side mean something? It appears to carry more weight after the middle part of the season.

ugg
26th June 2011, 08:51 PM
Anyway back to his game. I wasn't being facetious when I said we softened them up. Having Robinson and Curnow out for this match (no doubt very sore) meant they missed the hardness around the contests which allowed Kerr and then Priddis to dominate. It also helped that Jamison was injured which aided the Eagles' tall forwards

Cheer Squad
26th June 2011, 09:01 PM
Anyway back to his game. I wasn't being facetious when I said we softened them up. Having Robinson and Curnow out for this match (no doubt very sore) meant they missed the hardness around the contests which allowed Kerr and then Priddis to dominate. It also helped that Jamison was injured which aided the Eagles' tall forwards

Well, if that's the case, the Hawks might be in with a show next Sunday against Collingwood. Should be a huge game.

dimelb
26th June 2011, 09:06 PM
Well, if that's the case, the Hawks might be in with a show next Sunday against Collingwood. Should be a huge game.
Interesting thought. In fact, if they had all their personnel, I'd give the Hawks a chance.
I suspect a lot of teams will be studying what we did (besides the physical grinding down).

Cheer Squad
9th July 2011, 09:01 AM
The Eagles have done it again, with the HUGE scalp of the Cats! Wish we could beat a real top 4 side like that...

SCGonasunnyday
9th July 2011, 10:04 AM
they deserve top 4 too the way they have been playing.

AnnieH
10th July 2011, 09:28 AM
.... have the drug testers been to visit the budgies??

Sauce
11th July 2011, 12:36 PM
.... have the drug testers been to visit the budgies??

Silly and stupid comment.

They tanked for a few seasons, bluffed the AFL world while keeping woofa on board knowing exactly what they were doing and look at them now and look at us. They will continue to rise and we will keep being middle of the road side.

And here were the swan fans a year ago laughing at them and wondering what went wrong.

They had us all fooled.

Melbourne_Blood
11th July 2011, 06:13 PM
Do you honestly believe they deliberately played poorly for two seasons of Football in order to receive high draft picks ?

AnnieH
11th July 2011, 07:59 PM
Silly and stupid comment.

They tanked for a few seasons, bluffed the AFL world while keeping woofa on board knowing exactly what they were doing and look at them now and look at us. They will continue to rise and we will keep being middle of the road side.

And here were the swan fans a year ago laughing at them and wondering what went wrong.

They had us all fooled.

Seriously?

They won a tarnished cup and then tanked???

They stopped taking drugs you mean.

PS: Word of warning. Don't start me on the west coke criminal budgies. I hate them more than Collingwood, and I hated them before every game was decided by less than a goal.

Sauce
12th July 2011, 10:24 AM
Do you honestly believe they deliberately played poorly for two seasons of Football in order to receive high draft picks ?

What do you think in a comp that rewards being utter crap with good draft picks? Of course they did..unlike carlton and melbourne they escaped the wrath and attention of the Melbourne media. They put up a front and leaked a few BS stories about worsfold being on thin ice but it was all BS.

Look who they picked up since being @@@@zenhousen..and look at them now. Same as Collingwood in 2005.

But noooo not the swans..we are moral and all that..you know good guys. And you know what they say about good guys. Let us finish middle of the table each year, play 1 final and top up our list with middle of the road mids or inept forwards who we can maybe turn into defenders. Oh and don't forget the discards!

Matt79
12th July 2011, 04:39 PM
What do you think in a comp that rewards being utter crap with good draft picks? Of course they did..unlike carlton and melbourne they escaped the wrath and attention of the Melbourne media. They put up a front and leaked a few BS stories about worsfold being on thin ice but it was all BS.

Look who they picked up since being @@@@zenhousen..and look at them now. Same as Collingwood in 2005.

But noooo not the swans..we are moral and all that..you know good guys. And you know what they say about good guys. Let us finish middle of the table each year, play 1 final and top up our list with middle of the road mids or inept forwards who we can maybe turn into defenders. Oh and don't forget the discards!

So you would be happy as a Richmond or Melbourne supporter then?