PDA

View Full Version : Sherman proves us correct ... again.

Triple B
27th June 2011, 08:06 PM
What a knob, thankfully he wanted to go to the dogs and not us to play finals...

Sherman (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/117235/default.aspx)

ScottH
27th June 2011, 08:45 PM
You're loving his demise, aren't you.

It was interesting that they won't name the player. But in the footage they showed his GC opponent was not of Caucasian appearance.

Damien
27th June 2011, 08:45 PM
Agree he is a knob, but glad he has admitted what he said, apologised and taken his deserved punishment.

Lucky Knickers
27th June 2011, 08:46 PM
I thought the discrepancy between his and Spiders fine was quite surprising.
I was happy he didn't find his way to the Swans. Rocket must be furious with him for being out for 4 weeks.

liz
27th June 2011, 09:00 PM
Not sure that this proves the Swans right in any way. As I remember it, they were dead set keen for Sherman but he had zilch interest in coming to Sydney and/or the Swans.

Having watched him play this season, I was already glad that things hadn't worked out with his recruitment to the Swans. He has had a few good moments, but on the whole has been as flabby and uninspiring as the rest of the Dogs outfit this season.

Kirkari
27th June 2011, 09:18 PM
Good that he's being sent out to do the work in the remote communities. Probably the only part of the punishment that actually addresses his (apparent) racist tendencies. The rest may just makes him sorry he did it.

Triple B
27th June 2011, 09:35 PM
Not sure that this proves the Swans right in any way.

Us, as in RWO people who when Sherman decided he wanted to go to the Dogs and not us said, good riddance, you're a dickhead anyway...

ugg
27th June 2011, 11:04 PM
I'll put my hand up as one of those who were disappointed when he chose the Dogs over us, moreso that we needed a outside player of his type rather than Sherman in particular. Boy, we've dodged two bullets there in Lovett and Sherman haven't we?

ShockOfHair
28th June 2011, 02:10 AM
It's his second apology this year! Sherman sorry for racist taunt (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sherman-sorry-for-racist-taunt-20110627-1gnmk.html) After arriving at the Bulldogs he said how glad he was to be surrounded by "better players" -- had to say sorry for that.

And honestly, if racial abuse is your thing, you might notice that lately AFL has been rather hot under the collar about it.