PDA

View Full Version : Parker's Game

Hartijon
18th July 2011, 11:53 AM
Time to move on about the Umpires and the result. Let's look at positives.I though Parker's gane was a beauty for a youngster! This kid has got guts! Doesn't get pushed around either. I see a future Jude Bolton. So glad he plays for us!

ScottH
18th July 2011, 12:12 PM
Agree, not as good as last week, but he did have some better opposition.
14 Disposals and another 2 goals.

He certainly has the makings of a good footballer.

Captain
18th July 2011, 12:19 PM
Agreed, the man is all class.

I like the way he moves, I like the way he disposes the ball and I like how he steps around more experienced players with ease.

He needs to be played in every remaining game this year.

stellation
18th July 2011, 12:29 PM
He looks great out there, I think the striking thing about him to me is his composure- I can't recall a single "rookie mistake" that he's made the last few games. AJ and Sam, wonderful as they've been, have them from time to time, but Luke seems to stay amazingly collected through the course of the game.

Untamed Snark
18th July 2011, 12:31 PM
He looks great out there, I think the striking thing about him to me is his composure- I can't recall a single "rookie mistake" that he's made the last few games. AJ and Sam, wonderful as they've been, have them from time to time, but Luke seems to stay amazingly collected through the course of the game.

+1

He really does not play like a kid on less that hald a dozen games.
Looking forward to his development.

aardvark
18th July 2011, 12:31 PM
Class mids seem to have all the time in the world. So does LP.

neilfws
18th July 2011, 12:35 PM
Let's look at positives.

Oh yes, please let's. And Parker is one. Has looked good pretty much every game so far. Good composure, one of those who looks like they "belong" with confidence beyond their years. I like him a lot.

mcs
18th July 2011, 01:03 PM
Parker is the heir apparent to Jude, and with Jude (current injury aside) going very strong hopefully for a few more seasons yet, we have the 'down and dirty midfield extractors' to match anyone in the comp. Now just need to get some running mids sorted and the midfield is on the right track.

Absolutely stoked with what Parker has been able to do in his few games - I've seen him a few times at reserves level and liked the look of him, but never thought he would settle in like he has.

Chilcott
18th July 2011, 01:17 PM
Parker is the heir apparent to Jude, and with Jude (current injury aside) going very strong hopefully for a few more seasons yet, we have the 'down and dirty midfield extractors' to match anyone in the comp. Now just need to get some running mids sorted and the midfield is on the right track.

Absolutely stoked with what Parker has been able to do in his few games - I've seen him a few times at reserves level and liked the look of him, but never thought he would settle in like he has.

+ 1

Mel
18th July 2011, 05:02 PM
His hands are fantastic. Lightening quick and clean. Me likey :)

jono2707
18th July 2011, 05:09 PM
The kid just looks like he belongs out there - get as many games into him over the next couple of years as we can and he could well develop into an a-grade 10 year player for us...

GongSwan
18th July 2011, 05:10 PM
Yep, the kid had a good game and needs more game time. I said in another thread, frop White (spud) keep Parker in and rotate him and Jude thru the forward line and mid. Both are ok in front of goal and both will do the hard work. I also liked the way he took no crap from Freo yesterday(the start og the melee was a freo player having a go at Parks and Parks giving some back). As for outside mids, well, we have some good ones coming thru development, Hanners, Rohan, Jetta, just need some more games under the belt. Talent is there

Panttz
18th July 2011, 08:11 PM
Parks was rewarded by getting his mug on the sides of the Official Swans Website! Along with a couple other very talented young men :P

I think that's a pretty good sign that the club rate him right up there. Also maybe a subtle message to supporters that "Check out these guns, we are in safe hands for the future."

Lucky Knickers
18th July 2011, 09:07 PM
Just checked that out Panttz - great layout of all the fave's.

Primmy
18th July 2011, 09:43 PM
Looks like a man child, and plays like a man. His footy brain is older than he looks. A bit of Kell in him. Fine by me.