PDA

View Full Version : Roos get it right.

LondonSwan
23rd February 2003, 09:14 PM
Please attack the article and not the scribe.

Okay, every one is having their say about this player and that player and as most saw the match, they are probably getting it right about the poor performances. I havent seen a match so I cant comment.

It is also, IMOP, too early in the season to start writing this player or that as dead in the water.

I believe that Roos has got to come in for his share of criticism - he is the coach after all. And despite every statement made by him that this is a three year plan - quite frankly Paul, I dont think they are going to give you that long.

Can anyone tell me (Paul included) if Sydney is ever going to name a Vice Captain or 2.

This idea of having nine mentors out on the field is about as hare brained idea as I have ever heard of - talk about too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Where did you get that one from Paul - the under 16 Mongolian Soft Ball Association.

It is also a case of the haves and the have nots - I wouldnt be too happy knowing I was one of the ones left out of the so called elite group.

I noticed in one post that Nicks is coming in for his fair share of criticism. This worries me as his form slipped away as soon as Paul Roos took over last year and he has never returned to the player he was. He was also VC with a definite chance of being Captain and now he is back amongst the also rans. Anyone considered the possibility he may be demoralised

I have, as every one well knows, never had any time for Maxfield as Captain and nothing I have seen to date has changed my mind.

He now needs support from two committed players not 3 as Vice Captain. Maybe Nicks and Goodes would be the right combination and it might do Nicks a lot of good.

Stu you are just not in the same league as Kells.

So Paul please name a VC and do away with this nonsense of nine little minders.

Now hack away.

desredandwhite
23rd February 2003, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure it was Paul Roos' fault that the players couldn't position themselves to give their teammates something to kick to, or that it was his fault that the players couldn't seem to be able to execute the most basic of skills, like kicking accurately, or take marks!! The number of times we dropped simple marks was amazing.

The player movements were ok too, like dropping Stevens (who was in form) back to help out in defence when we were being flogged. I'm not sure the established supercoaches like Sheedy, Matthews, Pagan etc could have done much if they had to tackle Brisbane with an under-powered and inexperienced side like ours :)

For every player like Nicks who slipped away when Roos took over, there are others like Fosdike or Goodes who improved. Don't think there's much you can read into it.

There is one thing I WILL agree with you on though, Andy. The "Leadership Group" concept is IMHO a bit flawed. It leaves too much room for guys to be "carried" by others.

Charlie
23rd February 2003, 09:28 PM
First of all, LS - if you think I'm attacking you, just don't bother reading this post because I'm not.

a) You talk about it being too early for a player to be marked as unrequired, but you are happy to call on Roos to 'get it right' in February. Seymour, McPherson, Warfe, Nicks and Bolton have all had between 60 and 140 games in which to 'get it right'. Roos has had 10 plus two preseason games. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

b) The 'elite group' was actually elected by the players themselves... no playing favourites from the coach.

c) What exactly does Stu Maxfield have to do? He was our number 1 possession getter last night, in his 2nd game in 8 months!!! Give the poor guy a chance. He's not Paul Kelly, he's Stuart Maxfield. Like it or not, he's our Captain now. Paul Kelly is our runner.

d) So what if there isn't a VC. All they do is fill in if the skipper is injured anyway. Perhaps, instead of writing it off, you should give the new idea a chance. The Kangaroos enjoy the best leadership in the league, because ANYONE is a leader, if they apply the necessary endeavour, ability and initiative.

LondonSwan
23rd February 2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks Des and I agree with a lot of what you've said but Roos is coach and must accept responsibility for the problem with skills etc.

What I saw at the training sessions suggested that they were not up to where the Eagles and Dockers were and these sides will walk all over us if this state of affairs continues.

With respect to Nicks he was a class act and now what have we got with him.

C, I have read your post, and it didnt strike me as a personal attack.

I will only make three comments, Charlie.

1) I dont think the players had much choice as far as the vote went - you either did it or fell out with the coach.

It also doesnt say much about the number of votes cast for each player when you end up with nine elite. The electorate wasnt that large after all and 3 votes would probably have been enough to get a cap (with a propellor on it).

2) As far as writing Roos off - a few posters are doing the same with the players, he has to stand up and be counted also.

3) Stuey may have been the major possession getter but it still doesn't make him a Captain - he has to motivate the players also.In all fairness did he do it

Charlie
23rd February 2003, 10:08 PM
3) Stuey may have been the major possession getter but it still doesn't make him a Captain - he has to motivate the players also.In all fairness did he do it

I don't know... do you? Were you on the training track and in the team meetings this week? Were you there at dinner at Maxi's place, and were the younger players invited round for a meal?
Were you in the rooms pre-match and at half-time? Were you in the 1/4 and 3/4 time huddles? Could you hear him everytime he was in a pack with a younger player during centre bounces or throw-ins?

You just don't know, do you? I don't, but I'm willing to give him a chance. PK wasn't much of a talker either, but he did a decent job, don't you think?

2) As far as writing Roos off - a few posters are doing the same with the players, he has to stand up and be counted also.

And you said yourself, it was too early to write off the players... so why is it high time to judge the coach, who is considerably less experienced anyway?

1) I dont think the players had much choice as far as the vote went - you either did it or fell out with the coach.

If you wish to post conspiracy theories about staged elections (!?)
please present your evidence at the same time as the theory. Otherwise, it is wild speculation.

Charlie

floppinab
23rd February 2003, 10:24 PM
Roos is safe for this year regardless of ladder position.

It's still hard to see anything happening even if we struggle next year, but you never know.

I'm pretty sure Roos made a statement last week that the jury was still out on the VC situation and they will resolve it one way or the other before the season proper beginning. I guess I can't understand why he would leave it hanging out this long, so I agree that it appears a bit indecisive. If he's still looking for someone or ones to stand up they surely should have done so by now.

The leadership group idea is OK by me. I see it more as mentoring thing particularly for the newer recruits having more of a meaning off the field. I doubt it adds that much value on the field.

LondonSwan
23rd February 2003, 11:19 PM
I dont intend to get into a scrap as they are my opinions only and noone is going to be proved right or wrong at this time.

No I havent been in the huddles at 1/4 or 3/4 time nor have I been to the said dinners but neither has anyone else on this board.

Dinners and the like dont seem to have produced the results so far and I go back to last year when he acted as Captain and he didnt get them over the line in one match when they should have walked it in. He was playing well and then lifted his game over that but the rest didnt lift with him. We also seemed to win without him late in the season with Kells in charge. The pointers arent there C.

Notwithstanding, I have seen the training sessions and the players seemed to walk over aimlessly to training - there was no zest in them - I have also seen the Dockers and Eagles sessions and they are bouncing every time they head out onto the field. Maybe it was the humidity and heat, Perth doesnt get that though!!!

It is only an observation but there appears to be a problem and it is only a comparison I am making after seeing and comparing us with other teams.

You raised the conspiracy theme this time - Ther was no intent on my part to do so.

It was merely a statement of fact that they would not have had a choice to vote or not to and I would think it would have been a secret ballot anyway, doesnt sound like conspiracy to me. They could have written Mick Malthouse and Eddy MacGuire on the vote paper for all I know.

Maybe I am the Devils Advocate but I think it is time the Swans found out why players who could be match winners are not performing as yet.

Now Des is going to expect me to shut up and I am going to heed his request.

Jimmy C
24th February 2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by LondonSwan
Maybe I am the Devils Advocate but I think it is time the Swans found out why players who could be match winners are not performing as yet.

In my opinion, the club seems to be a little too patient (or soft?) with players who don't rise up to (at least our) expectations. I think (again, in my opinion) that some other clubs would not have been as patient with the likes of Frosty, Snapper, Nicks, Bolton J, and (dare I say it) Magic, to name a few. Maybe the new vision needs to incorporate a little more ruthlesness rather than sentimental values.

desredandwhite
24th February 2003, 12:13 AM

Your guess is as good as mine. Potential is an ugly word.. *coughdalelewiscough*

I guess it's human nature. You will never have your entire team all playing to their full potential all at the same time. We will have to work out a system to ensure that players in form are given the best opportunity to maximise their effectiveness, and that players out of form are given the best opportunity to work their way back into form.

We're certainly not going to get anything close to "the full picture" without seeing how Paul Roos manages an entire season. Malcolm Blight scored numerous grand finals, and even won two with Adelaide. Then the farce with St Kilda. I'm working on the assumption that Malcolm Blight was not really the problem there!

Now Des is going to expect me to shut up and I am going to heed his request.

I don't see a problem with questioning things. What you're probably worried about is backlash over the "innocent until proven guilty" attitude vs the "you have to prove yourself before you're accepted" attitude.

LondonSwan
24th February 2003, 03:33 PM
Got it in one Des and there is no sense in attacking others who have the same right to their opinions as I have.

Andy

CureTheSane
24th February 2003, 07:57 PM
I was an advocate of a 1 -2 year contract for Roos.
I think he'll be great, but he is largely an unknown quantity, so why take risk?

But people, re-read what Roos has said about this season.
I don't really care if he takes all season playing with positions and trying new things, provided he keeps getting closer to our longer term goal.

Now, as far as a pre-season loss against the reigning premiers with a lot of our better players out goes, did anyone read what Roos said about that?

Save the specualtion and gripes for the real season, but keep in mind what the Swans are doing.

Just about everyone here was in favour of a youth/re-building policy, well, here it is!!!
It's not gonna be all that pretty, and we will lose some games.
My suggestion would be to expect a loss every game this year.
A win is a bonus.

Having said that, I will be marking down the Swans for a win in every game st the start of the season.
I can't 'not' select them :)

LondonSwan
24th February 2003, 08:42 PM
Ditto CTS - lose or win I am getting edgy about the time still to go before the start of the season.

They may not have the greatest list but fire them up and
anything could happen. He still has time to work on the skills.

LondonSwan
24th February 2003, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by floppinab
[B]Roos is safe for this year regardless of ladder position.

I would agree but the knives will be out at the end of the season if he cant improve on last year. There will be those who were itching to give another a go and these guys dont forget or forgive easily.

TheHood
25th February 2003, 08:36 AM
What an unbelievably NEGATIVE thread!

Seriously, give me a first year senior coach from the current crop that with a fairly mediocre list that you expect the make the finals and inspire miracles for a flag???

Rhode?
Laidley?
Roos?

Of the relatively new coaches, these guys have some leeway from the club, players and the boards that all new coaches need:

Connelly
Thompson
Worsfold

These guys have had success and only when medicrity and injuries strike have these coaches felt some heat:

Frawley
Schwab
Williams (to an extent for bad finals performances)

Roosy needs time to prove himself and if you don't have patience for his plan to be bedded down then LS you will only get yourself in knotts.

He's a good man, who was a star player who is a great example for players to aspire and he communicates his message pretty well. If player can't understand where he is coming from then I suspect they are probably the equivalent of dumb, overweight bush kids from outback Western Australia.

gloveski
25th February 2003, 10:10 AM
with all our injuries most likely all the leadership group will get a run at being v.c

Something seriously has to be done with the hardness of the s.c.g or the season will be over before it began

I can see in the not to distant future us trading an injury prone player to another team only to see him star as that team has better injury management

A player like Nicks who has gone down hill drastically of late has always had trouble with his back surely running around on hard surfaces all preseason would not be doing anygood

robbieando
25th February 2003, 11:03 AM
Really LS how long do you have to push this for???

Sure we know you don't think Roos is the right man for the job and has you have said you have your reason. But why does every topic you put up, have to be so negitive????

You seem to think Freo and West Coast are the be all and end all of the AFL and if the Swans aren't like them then we aren't good enough. Never mind the fact there are 7 clubs better at least than both Perth based clubs.

You haven't given the club or Roos or Maxfield a proper chance to prove themselves you just dismiss them as mistakes. Wait a year, see what we are like in September, see how the young kids come on, see how the club views Roos job, give Maxfield a chance to prove himself over a full year. Just give the side in full a chance. You haven't seen us yet with a full side, you expect the performance of the side against most likely the best ever side in a meaningless pre season without at least 9 senior players as what to expect for the season. I say wait until Round 15 when the club has played all clubs once, and has Davis, O'Loughlin, Fosdike, Crouch, Saddington, Barry, Seymour in it before writing off this season and in turn the subject of your hate in Roos and Maxfield.

Rizzo
25th February 2003, 11:36 AM
Personally, I'd prefer to see a steady improvement (with the unavoidable speed bumps - think the all ords index) throughout the season than the 'good start - fade out - restore some hope' season we have seen over the last few years.

So, the young boys don't look too hot now - so what? Lets see how they look at the end of the season. I'd then expect Roos and Ireland to assess the gaps and recruit accordingly with the view of building a team that will really run at the flag in 3 to 5 years.

robbieando
25th February 2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Rizzo
Personally, I'd prefer to see a steady improvement (with the unavoidable speed bumps - think the all ords index) throughout the season than the 'good start - fade out - restore some hope' season we have seen over the last few years.

So, the young boys don't look too hot now - so what? Lets see how they look at the end of the season. I'd then expect Roos and Ireland to assess the gaps and recruit accordingly with the view of building a team that will really run at the flag in 3 to 5 years.

Rizzo great post you have summed up what the club has said in expects from Roos - LS this is what the club has said they are expecting and in turn most fans are understanding if we don't make the finals. It takes more than 1 trade and draft period and 1 pre season to completely rebuild a team. It takes time and if the fans are on the club's back already like you seem to be, it doesn't help matters and could be in turn worse in the long run.

LondonSwan
25th February 2003, 09:12 PM
Robbie,

Okay I see your point and I note your comments about the fiirst and second year coaches. I was no fan of Dean Laidley either but he seems to be going great guns.

But, truthfully, how many of the otrhers came in to their positions with the acrimony that Roos did. I dont think it was any secret that Wallace was the preferred option and if it hadnt been for the outcry - Roos would never have got the position.

So what I am saying and always have is that Roos will need to improve on last year or he will be seen as a failure by those who were probably dragged kicking and screaming into accepting him over Wallace. Just as the knives were out for Eade and he has as much as said so himself, so will they be out for Roos. If I am proven wrong, I couldnt be happier as that will mean the Swans have succeeded in improving on last year.

As far as West Coast and Fremantle are concerned, they are the only 2 clubs that I have seen train which is probably 2 more than you have. I dont like either club (particularly the Eagles) - all I have said is that their preparations appear more advanced and that they are concentrating heavily on skills something which Fremantle has been deficient in the past at. They seem to be getting it right. The enthusiasm at training sessions is obvious.

I have always believed that we should have beaten the Eagles last year as I was there and we just gave up at 3/4 time. They will be a lot harder to deal with this year.

Fremantle normally would be looked at as a possible win for us, even at Subiaco, but for a variety of reasons I dont think we can be that confident this season.

I noted the The Hood's comments about Mott which were obviously made by someone who hasnt seen him lately ( see David's columnn which is far more inciteful than anything I could say).

Bart
25th February 2003, 09:27 PM
LS, I'm just interested. These questions aren't leading, and I'm not going to pounce on you for an honest answer.

How long have you followed AFL ?
When, why did you become Swans fan of all clubs ?

tez
25th February 2003, 10:04 PM
London Swan I cannot agree with yr comment about the
eagles game at Subi last year and giving up the ghost at
3/4 time. I was there too, and from memory we went down
by 13 points and fought to the wire. We lost that game I
feel to a stupid free given by Warfe which resulted in
a Peter Matera goal and a another goal that had a bit of
luck. in the last 1/4 Goodes played his heart out and at one time ended
up on the roof of the eagles team box. Barry Hall played
a top game on McIntosh and McPherson played a reasonable
game too and kicked a nice goal. Wirrapunda played the best game I have seen him play that night.

But to say they gavre up the ghost IMO is far off the mark.

Diego
25th February 2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Bart

Thats exactly what i am thinking.

penga
25th February 2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by tez
London Swan I cannot agree with yr comment about the
by 13 points and fought to the wire. We lost that game I
feel to a stupid free given by Warfe which resulted in
a Peter Matera goal and a another goal that had a bit of
luck. in the last 1/4 Goodes played his heart out and at one time ended
up on the roof of the eagles team box. Barry Hall played
a top game on McIntosh and McPherson played a reasonable
game too and kicked a nice goal. Wirrapunda played the best game I have seen him play that night.

But to say they gavre up the ghost IMO is far off the mark.

another factor to our loss was that willo came off with a pulled hammy and cresswell came off with a blood nose towards the end of the final quarter, after those two were off we blew our lead and the momentum was all with the weagles

liz
26th February 2003, 12:39 AM

But, truthfully, how many of the otrhers came in to their positions with the acrimony that Roos did. I dont think it was any secret that Wallace was the preferred option and if it hadnt been for the outcry - Roos would never have got the position.

Just as the knives were out for Eade and he has as much as said so himself, so will they be out for Roos. If I am proven wrong, I couldnt be happier as that will mean the Swans have succeeded in improving on last year.

IMO the "acrimony" surrounding the appointment of Roos was largely a media beat up. Certainly the Swans have never said anything to indicate that Wallace was the "preferred option" and since none of us here has a clue what really went on behind the scenes I don't think we're in a position to second guess the decision process. All the club really said on the matter was that they were considering all available options. At the time the majority of us here were of the opinion that we would be disappointed if the club had done anything else.

On the Eade situation, he coached the club for 5 full years (1996-2000 inclusive) before any suggestion arose that the club might be ready for a change. Even in 2001 it was not really a widely mooted opinion, other than maybe in place such as this. Furthermore, the suggestion that "the knives were out for Eade" is a bit emotive. He wasn't sacked. The facts are that he sought (first at the end of 2001 and then midway through 2002) to gain some assurance that his contract would be extended when it expired at the end of 2002. The club's response was that they weren't able to give him these assurances - reasonable given the relative lack of success in 2001 and 2002 (to that point of the season) - and he resigned.

Those are very different circumstances to those facing Roos as he enters his first full year as coach...

LondonSwan
26th February 2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Bart
LS, I'm just interested. These questions aren't leading, and I'm not going to pounce on you for an honest answer.

Off and on since 1994.

The Swans since the end of 1995 and then followed them since beginning of 1996. Lost interest in them in June 2002 when I went right off them but it passed. Do you need to know anything else?

Tez - I was there too - and they either ran out of legs which doesnt say much for their fitness level or they gave in. a few didnt but most did. Go and watch a replay.

But at least the ire is back.

OK - Lizz none of us knows but to say that Roos was preferred is asking too much. He wasnt and there was massive campaign to keep him or maybe we should rewrite history.

liz
26th February 2003, 01:17 AM

OK - Lizz none of us knows but to say that Roos was preferred is asking too much. He wasnt and there was massive campaign to keep him or maybe we should rewrite history.

Sorry LS, but we'll have to agree to disagree. Sure there was a massive campaign from supporters to keep him but no evidence that it had the slightest impact on the outcome.

LondonSwan
26th February 2003, 01:26 AM
I think the withdrawal or threat to withdraw sponsorships and club members saying they were not going to renew memberships had a part. Sorry Lizz it is not that simple.

We agree to disagree.

Diego
26th February 2003, 01:59 AM
I am so tempted..so bloody tempted....:(

"Play the ball not the man Diego"
"Play the ball not the man Diego"

All I can say LS you are entitled to your opinion, but personally I disown you as a supporter of the swans.

I just wish you would POQ. :mad:

robbieando
26th February 2003, 05:26 AM
LS as Lizz said do you know what the club did behind close doors, did the club at any stage say who they wanted di the club say anything???? No they didn't no matter what you think happened, the only people who know for sure what went on are the board.

Sure the public, media, sponsors, members and you think otherwise but until you have facts to back your beliefs up I think your blowing hot air out of a certain body part.

desredandwhite
26th February 2003, 08:57 AM
Keep it over the belt guys, don't forget.

Well Andy, I can't say I can agree with you without proof. If the club said that they were honestly considering all options, and decided to go with Paul Roos, that's good enough for me. "I've got a funny feeling about this" doesn't ever hold up in court! :)

Sure, the support for Roos might have been a factor, but no-one apart from the board can honestly know where their position started. ie: if they were leaning towards Roos anyway, sure the support might have been a factor, but it wouldn't have made for a different decision.

barry
26th February 2003, 09:56 AM
There are 101 reason why they would choose the coach.

It could have even been that they realised they were loosing heaps of money and went for the cheaper option.

Bart
26th February 2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by barry
There are 101 reason why they would choose the coach.

It could have even been that they realised they were loosing heaps of money and went for the cheaper option.

A very valid consideration

TheHood
26th February 2003, 12:16 PM
LS, I never seen so many wobbley punts in my life, not even from Luffy in his final year!

Are you still chairman for the SOR Club (Save our Rocket) or what?

I think you are struggling to come to terms with a club that wants to be more inventive and progressive than you are prepared to be. I honestly think you should start referring to yourself as LondonBomber or LondonBlue or even LondonDog.

Clearly you are just about the only person on this board for over 5 months that does not like the direction the Sydney Swans have taken with coach, recruitment or game-day philosophy for 2003.

Think about taking a year off and then come back with boot in mouth and cap in hand.

See you in October 2003.

Rizzo
26th February 2003, 02:12 PM
We'll never know what Wallace would have done differently but my feeling is that we would still have a very similiar list today. Wallace would have picked up Davis and I doubt we would have traded anyone is the 'much maligned' group. Remember, there has to be players available, willing, and meeting the requirements.

In terms of coaching style, I haven't seen enough of Roos to pick up a feel for his match day tactics. Other students of the games may be better assessing this than me (it's impossible on the tele and I saw about 5 games with Roos at the helm live).

As for getting the most out of players, I'm thus far impressed with the improvement in Fossy, OKeefe, Fixter (I think he would have got there anyway), Kirk and Goodes.

floppinab
26th February 2003, 02:51 PM
If I could describe Roos coaching style I would suggest you might call him a mind coach, as compared to a tactical one.

My guess is he is going to emphasize the positives, try various, largely motivational techniques to get the guys to play postively to the best of their ability, rather than to try and coach around their weaknesses. There won't be a heavy emphasis on skills training, as we've already seen. My guess is his attitude is something like if you are fit enough and your head is right the rest will follow.

Coaching more for results may in fact come at a later period in his three year term when there is a little more emphasis on results but for now it's going to be, find out what the positives are (if there are any, let's hope so) and play to those. And probably try to recruit in to cover the weaknesses over the coming year or two.

LondonSwan
26th February 2003, 03:12 PM
Des

A number of these posts are now verging on offensive - Diego's in particular and one other. I thought RWOL was going to try and stamp this out - so my opinions are against what they believe so what - Roos and others would not be losing sleep over these or any other posts for that matter.

LS

LondonSwan
26th February 2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by tez
[B]London Swan I cannot agree with yr comment about the
by 13 points and fought to the wire.

If my memory serves me correctly I said this is one they should have won and by a couple of goals. The Eagles were also unlucky with a kick from Wirrapunda (in the dying stages) which hit the post - it should have been 18 points.

The Eagles have always had trouble playing the Swans and it is always a hard game for them. It should have been Swans win but wasnt.

LondonSwan
26th February 2003, 03:36 PM
]Originally posted by robbieando [/i]
"Really LS how long do you have to push this for???"

I think the writing is already on the board - who knows though!

" before writing off this season and in turn the subject of your hate in Roos and Maxfield. "

Hate is not a word I use towards people Robbie - though it seems to be part of yours - I can dislike the person and hate the behaviour but I dont hate the person - so please dont impose your standards on me.

If anything I feel some sympathy for both and for varying reasons.

Roos has been given a hard task and expectations are running high. The pressure must be enormous on him.

Stuey has gone from being "media shy" to one who is going to have to cope with an awful lot of it. I hope his 3 year preparation for this was adequate.

Grant
26th February 2003, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LondonSwan
[B]Robbie,

'Okay I see your point and I note your comments about the fiirst and second year coaches. I was no fan of Dean Laidley either but he seems to be going great guns.'

you bag roos without giving him any chance what so ever,and judge him by his one pre season game against the best.But Dean Laidley is going great guns because he beat an essendon side that sydney also beat the week before.

'As far as West Coast and Fremantle are concerned, they are the only 2 clubs that I have seen train which is probably 2 more than you have. I dont like either club (particularly the Eagles) - all I have said is that their preparations appear more advanced and that they are concentrating heavily on skills something which Fremantle has been deficient in the past at. They seem to be getting it right. The enthusiasm at training sessions is obvious.'

And the swans are showing no enthusiasm at training at all?And that means they seem to be getting it right?
Give me a break,i don't think you know much about this game at all.

'I have always believed that we should have beaten the Eagles last year as I was there and we just gave up at 3/4 time. They will be a lot harder to deal with this year.'

WHATEVER(with hand and palm raised)

'Fremantle normally would be looked at as a possible win for us, even at Subiaco, but for a variety of reasons I dont think we can be that confident this season.'

Have you seen our record against Freo,i don't think we think we are ever safe against freo,we either lose,or win win very very ugly games against,i think you should maybe start watching some games.

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 11:26 AM
To all the members who wrote to Deslee and asked that I be kicked off the board for having the temerity to have a view contrary to yourselves - please accept my apologies - this is a sincere ask.

Ajn
1st March 2003, 11:30 AM
Who wouldn't want to barrack for the Swans, it's good to see people from over over the world and all over Australia, support this team of our. To you I say cheer, cheer, the red and the white.....

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks AJN - I appreciate the positive comment

Andy