PDA

View Full Version : To beat the Cats on Saturday we must....

Lucky Knickers
23rd August 2011, 10:01 PM
As last weeks' thread was reasonably well received I thought I would post again this week. This isn't a thread for long debates please use the Game Poll thread for that. Just post your thoughts on the areas of the game we need to improve on, where we have a advantage, dangerous players we must match up on.

I'm in the process of "scoring" last weeks' thread and will publish shortly.

toothy76
23rd August 2011, 10:02 PM
...be Collingwood.

toothy76
23rd August 2011, 10:04 PM
Serious answer - obviously kicking straight. Play Johnston up forward to kick goals. Play Parker or Gordon.

Lucky Knickers
23rd August 2011, 10:05 PM
Maintain the forward pressure we showed against Saints. Our last qtr was very good so I'd like to see us keep that up and put early scoreboard pressure on.

Nico
23rd August 2011, 10:08 PM
Another miracle.

Big Al
23rd August 2011, 10:11 PM
...take our chances and have a high effective disposal % because the Cats ruthlessly punish mistakes.

Kirkari
23rd August 2011, 10:34 PM
Have the Grand Master Tang in the starting 18.

browneeg
23rd August 2011, 10:36 PM
Improve our kicking stat of 45.87% in front of goal to 75.87% also when a Swan takes a mark instead of holding up play by re setting kick straight away and pref to another Swan! Here's hoping! Oh yeah Leave out Kennelly!

reigning premier
23rd August 2011, 10:36 PM
Bring Plugger out of retirement.....

23rd August 2011, 10:41 PM
Start playing 20 minutes before them?

Was that the correct answer? :-)

Benevolent Ert
23rd August 2011, 10:41 PM
Poison the water supply at Kardinia Park

dimelb
23rd August 2011, 10:56 PM
Last minute withdrawals of Chapman and Selwood with gastro.

hot potato
23rd August 2011, 11:02 PM
Get Nick Davis to put the forwards through some simple drills to kick a football to a target, whether they are getting fatigued or not. Strike me pink, surely you can overcome fatigue to have a crack at kicking a bloody goal.

RBS1
24th August 2011, 02:04 AM
Don't let scarlet float across half back without a apponent ! Take him back to the square and isolate him

Primmy
24th August 2011, 08:38 AM
I like the gastro idea. Set up a roadside hotdog stand outside Geelong players entrance.

ScottH
24th August 2011, 09:08 AM
Poison the water supply at Kardinia Park

:D

I was going to say assassinate several key players (of theirs), but the above will work!!

Triple B
24th August 2011, 09:13 AM
Play with the same intensity we showed on the weekend and kick straight. It could be enough if the Cats are just not quite on their game...

Cheer Squad
24th August 2011, 09:34 AM
...get off to a fast start, and maintain the pressure for four quarters.

Untamed Snark
24th August 2011, 09:42 AM
Put sedatives in the kitty chow?
Lock the cats into their change rooms

Go Swannies
24th August 2011, 09:45 AM
I like the gastro idea. Set up a roadside hotdog stand outside Geelong players entrance.

What? And lose our ruckman?

Go Swannies
24th August 2011, 09:51 AM
Maintain the forward pressure we showed against Saints. Our last qtr was very good so I'd like to see us keep that up and put early scoreboard pressure on.

This. I ran away for the weekend so only saw the game last night. It was very annoying to hear the commentators going on about how the Swans had to get into a game we completely dominated but couldn't kick straight. We showed the Saints up as very ordinary under pressure. The last quarter we straightened up and looked very good.

The Cats and Pies haven't looked as dominating the past few weeks so I see a chance that we can achieve the impossible. That would be a season highlight! (But I'd worry that we'd then lose to the Lions.) I'm expecting Mummy to put on another blinder against his old team. I don't expect us to win but I think it's a possibility and have tipped us again.

Dosser
24th August 2011, 10:38 AM
This. I ran away for the weekend so only saw the game last night. It was very annoying to hear the commentators going on about how the Swans had to get into a game we completely dominated but couldn't kick straight. We showed the Saints up as very ordinary under pressure. The last quarter we straightened up and looked very good.

The Cats and Pies haven't looked as dominating the past few weeks so I see a chance that we can achieve the impossible. That would be a season highlight! (But I'd worry that we'd then lose to the Lions.) I'm expecting Mummy to put on another blinder against his old team. I don't expect us to win but I think it's a possibility and have tipped us again.

Yeah, I thought the Cats were very ordinary last week.

BSA5
24th August 2011, 11:20 AM
Don't let scarlet float across half back without a apponent ! Take him back to the square and isolate him

Seriously, this. I'd be up for Spangher just sticking to Scarlett and not letting him get away. Defensive key forward!

Go Swannies
24th August 2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I thought the Cats were very ordinary last week.

They certainly didn't turn up to play, did they? And the week before they only beat the Crows by 11 points and failed to kick 100 points.

Red
24th August 2011, 12:25 PM
...be Collingwood.
Wrong. We must be Essendon or West Coast (urk).

Maybe the Bombers could swap us Mark Thompson for John Blakely this weekend?

GongSwan
24th August 2011, 02:07 PM
Pressure up, kick straight for goal, move the ball quickly, find targets in the midfield and forward line, The backline has no issue right now, although if AJ doesn't come up for the game, LRT isn't going to play, good chance for Rohan to play a full game?

Hartijon
24th August 2011, 04:40 PM
Immediately sink at the knees after tackling Chapman, Selwood and Bartels because they will and your tackle will end up high. They milk frees from the umps this way. Also avoid stepping on Chapmans back after he dives in front of you .The above 3 should all wear wet suits!

DeadlyAkkuret
25th August 2011, 12:28 AM
Immediately sink at the knees

I admit we need to do almost anything to beat Geelong, but that might be taking it too far,

anniswan
25th August 2011, 01:04 AM
does it really matter, just play the game in tribute to Macca, whether we win or loose, just make him proud.

Triple B
25th August 2011, 08:07 AM
Immediately sink at the knees after tackling Chapman, Selwood and Bartels because they will and your tackle will end up high. They milk frees from the umps this way. Also avoid stepping on Chapmans back after he dives in front of you .The above 3 should all wear wet suits!

I've never considered Bartel as part of that particular group, but you've certainly nailed Chapman and Selwood correct...

Big Al
25th August 2011, 09:02 AM
I admit we need to do almost anything to beat Geelong, but that might be taking it too far,

:)

Nich
25th August 2011, 09:20 AM
I've never considered Bartel as part of that particular group, but you've certainly nailed Chapman and Selwood correct...

Ain't that the truth. A blight on the game. Chapman is a disgrace and Selwood is close behind him. Selwood tends to play for the high tackles were Chapman fall and dives for absolutely everything. He is a cat in every sense of the word.

Hartijon
25th August 2011, 11:53 AM
Ain't that the truth. A blight on the game. Chapman is a disgrace and Selwood is close behind him. Selwood tends to play for the high tackles were Chapman fall and dives for absolutely everything. He is a cat in every sense of the word.

I totally agree! I am faced with having to watch the game with Geelong supporters and boy do they hate the academy award stuff of Selwood and Chapman pointed out to them. The AFL should change the rule to stop these cheats.

alison.z
25th August 2011, 12:15 PM
I totally agree! I am faced with having to watch the game with Geelong supporters and boy do they hate the academy award stuff of Selwood and Chapman pointed out to them. The AFL should change the rule to stop these cheats.

They don't need to change the rules - just enforce them for ALL teams!

Hartijon
25th August 2011, 03:16 PM
Teams with the double chance and week off need to overtrain around about now so they can ease off during the finals. Lets hope Geelong has done this,are tired and we can run over them in the last quarter. If they haven't been doing this they should have!

Allymay
25th August 2011, 04:51 PM
...kick goals kick goals kick goals kick goals kick goals kick goals kick goals!!!!!

Me wonders if the Coke Zero ad that had the boys trying to kick a can off the goal post might have something to do with their nailing posters quite easily lately????

stellation
25th August 2011, 05:30 PM
Not centre the ball anywhere between FB and HFF with a kick that stays in the air for longer than 0.000000000001 seconds.

Wardy
25th August 2011, 07:29 PM
does it really matter, just play the game in tribute to Macca, whether we win or loose, just make him proud.
this

Jewels
25th August 2011, 09:54 PM

Yep

erica
26th August 2011, 07:10 PM
Now THIS is how to win tomorrow: Swans will beef-up behind-kicking options to beat Cats: Longmire ? The White Maggot (http://thewhitemaggot.com/2011/08/26/swans-will-beef-up-behind-kicking-options-to-beat-cats-longmire/)

Owen87
26th August 2011, 08:34 PM
Put a coke zero can on the goal umpires hat

Bas
26th August 2011, 08:35 PM
Wear Lucky Knickers!!!! Worked last week.

Cheer Squad
26th August 2011, 09:01 PM
Put a coke zero can on the goal umpires hat

Excellent suggestion. Whoever thought of attaching it to the goal post should be taken out and shot.

Bas
27th August 2011, 06:12 PM
Wear Lucky Knickers!!!! Worked last week.

I'll keep wearing them every week now.

ugg
27th August 2011, 06:16 PM
I'll keep wearing them every week now.
I hope you got her permission first.

Keep starting these threads!