PDA

View Full Version : Akermanis to Swans ?

SWANSBEST
24th February 2003, 07:15 AM
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/23/1045935274181.html

We can only hope but maybe ex Lion Andrew Ireland may have some influence over Aker. Our midfield sure needs a boost and he is a great performer on his day.

desredandwhite
24th February 2003, 07:29 AM
DEFINITELY too early in the piece to mean anything :) If there's anyone in the AFL with a bigger mouth than Akka, I haven't heard of him!

Charlie
24th February 2003, 07:59 AM
... and it was too early in the year to know whether Nick Davis wanted to come either.... :D ;)

... damn it.... now my hopes have gone sky-high. And I'd been thinking about throwing a ton of money at Yze.

Diego
24th February 2003, 09:44 AM
It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early for this kind of talk.

The proper season hasnt started and Akers is already opening that big trap...

vagary
24th February 2003, 09:54 AM
remember this is the guy who siad if carey joined the lions he would quit and go play rugby union. So i'm sure that was one of the reasons the lions didn't try and recruit carey(there were other reasons i'm sure). not only is it too early in the year to get our hopes up but i'm sure the lions will bend over backwards to get him to renew his contract with them.

vagary
24th February 2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
If there's anyone in the AFL with a bigger mouth than Akka, I haven't heard of him!

i have a feeling eddie could be right up there.

robbieando
24th February 2003, 10:37 AM
I like I like,

Hard to see it happen but the Lions had to take pay cuts to keep the side together and if Eddie gets his way they will have even less room to move. Be better to lose 1 highly paid star than to lose 4 or 5 middle ranked players.

snajik
24th February 2003, 01:23 PM
Could we possibly have Andrew McLeod as well?

LondonSwan
24th February 2003, 03:35 PM
Sorry but I've heard it all before. Two chances of us getting Akermanis - Buckley's and None.

Red
24th February 2003, 04:07 PM
Brisbane might let Akka go to Sydney, but only as revenge for Cappa.

Charlie
24th February 2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by LondonSwan
Sorry but I've heard it all before. Two chances of us getting Akermanis - Buckley's and None.

Didn't Aker tag Buckley last season?

Is that "getting" Aker? :p :D ;)

Grant
24th February 2003, 04:49 PM
wouldn't say no thats for sure.

Maybe swap for J.Bolton

and throw in McPherson.

Do you reckon they would fall for it?:D

CureTheSane
24th February 2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Diego

The proper season hasnt started and Akers is already opening that big trap...

Thank you for not saying 'The season proper....'
I hate that term :)

penga
25th February 2003, 10:05 AM
this is quite funny, i had a funny feeling that aker would be considering a move... when u get three premierships i think u r ready to get some money, we can offer that...

motorace_182
25th February 2003, 04:39 PM
Um no. This is another one of Akkas attention seeking schemes. The bloke should be muzzled. If only he could let his footy do the talking, which it could.

The thought of him comin to Sydney would have been nice, but false hope is something you can pick a mile off when you support the swans

Cheer Cheer
26th February 2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by motorace_182
false hope is something you can pick a mile off when you support the swans

Hehe, sad, but true

Rizzo
27th February 2003, 11:41 AM
Could be worse, your second team could be Liverpool!

Both teams have made a habit of the mid season fade. Arrrrh!!!!

sharp9
27th February 2003, 12:10 PM
My second team is Liverpool....
My third is the Black Caps....
But my fourth is the Canterbury Crusaders...so my advice to all sports fans is to keep digging down your list till you eventually come to a winner :D

If you put all your eggs in one basket it could be a very long 60 years.

penga
28th February 2003, 06:19 PM
how much would aker be worth?

NMWBloods
28th February 2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by penga

Anyone (or two or more) on our list!! (okay - I'd exclude Goodes, Hall & Williams).

As much as anyone on our list is getting!!

desredandwhite
28th February 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by penga

More than Buckley, but not as much as Voss :)

Cheer Cheer
28th February 2003, 07:52 PM
$350 000

penga
1st March 2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
$350 000 yeah thats the figure that i was thinking (at least around there), that leaves a further 470k under the cap

Charlie
1st March 2003, 09:55 AM
He'd be getting that sort of money at Brissie already. You'd want to offer $500,000 if you were serious about getting him.

Charlie

Ajn
1st March 2003, 11:15 AM
Stop thinking about a quick fix, to do so would jepordise the chance for us to realise the talent of our youth. To get a star you lose 2-3 future stars. Roos has already said how we resisted the offers of established players, why? Because he knows we have them within our ranks, here's to the season they start to shine.

At the end of the year, we can make the judgements, give them time.

Cheer Cheer
1st March 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
He'd be getting that sort of money at Brissie already. You'd want to offer $500,000 if you were serious about getting him.

Charlie

Maybe so, buts it not really about the money, if he is being serious in his comments, which I know he is not, but its more about the change of scenery for him not the money, 500 000 is way to much, maybe 400 000 at the very top.