PDA

View Full Version : Grubby

Sandridge
3rd December 2011, 12:23 PM
This won't mean much to Sydney based fans but I was disappointed to hear that Peter "Grubby" Stubbs won't be on Melbourne radio after he was "encouraged to move on" from GOLD 104.4 yesterday. Grubby hosts most Melbourne based Swans functions - let's hope that continues because he's fantastic - and he's a loud, proud Bloods man who has no problem promoting his love for the Swans over Melbourne's airwaves. Let's hope he gets another on-air job in Melbourne so that we can still hear a passionate Swans supporter on the radio!

Lucky Knickers
3rd December 2011, 12:30 PM
Oh no! What a shame. He's a marvellous guy and very very passionate about his Swans.

Cher
3rd December 2011, 12:36 PM
The Grubby and Dee Dee Breakfast Show was sacked but the papers say that Grubby was offered a drive time show but said no thanks.

Sandridge
3rd December 2011, 12:43 PM
The Grubby and Dee Dee Breakfast Show was sacked but the papers say that Grubby was offered a drive time show but said no thanks.

Apparently he said no becaue he wouldn't be working with Dee Dee. Loyal to his workmate, loyal to the Bloods!

goswannie14
4th December 2011, 02:28 PM
I used to listen to Grubby on FOX years ago. However I now enjoy listening to his brother Richard "Stubbsie" Stubbs on ABC afternoons. He too is a loud proud Swans man.

swansrob
4th December 2011, 02:59 PM
Scott Dooley used to bring up the Swans on a fairly
regular basis when he was at Triple J (maybe he still does, I don't know?). I was surprised to learn he wasn't a Swans fan.