PDA

View Full Version : Football posts erected through out Sydney

footyhead
13th November 2003, 08:31 AM
When is the NSW AFL going to get on to this ?
A couple of years ago they told me that there was a plan in the works for it. But there is still little development.
As has been pointed out by people in Authority, they are cheap billboards (they last indefinatley), and nothing encourages fathers and children, and or siblings, class mates from having a kick to kick more than ubiquitos goal posts dotted around the urban recreational environment.
They key to offial participation in football in Sydney and NSW may well be the encouragment of unofficail participation (in conjunction with Austkick).
These things are not that expensive , and may well be a great primer of the grass roots.

Norris Lurker
15th November 2003, 01:30 PM
Without any evidence at all other than basing it around their willingness to close grounds on a whim; I suspect the holdup with getting goalposts put up is more due to the local councils than the NSWAFL commission.

j s
15th November 2003, 06:11 PM
I think the fact the AFL Commission refuses to provide funds for posts at new grounds is a contributing reason.

footyhead
16th November 2003, 04:10 AM
Wht would they do such a thing ? they are not that expensive by all accounts, and they are a permanent "improvement ", and long term investment for the sport and it's participants. Plus the AFL is cash rich.

j s
16th November 2003, 10:08 AM
We (the junior club with which I am associated) found it hard to beleive to but it is a fact.

There were all sorts of promises made when the commission was first established but when it cames to the bottom line, if it cames to actually spending money the answer was NO.

footyhead
16th November 2003, 10:42 AM
I think the AFL is crazy with regards to this. "If you build it they will come" !!