PDA

View Full Version : To even the ledger

Dirtyburt
2nd May 2012, 10:35 PM
Who replaces Jude? His move from half forward to midfield started the change of momentum against hawks. All of a sudden we started winning clearances.

What if he goes down? What do we do when he retires?

longmile
2nd May 2012, 10:46 PM
Bring in Lamb, Nipper or TDL

Melbourne_Blood
2nd May 2012, 10:51 PM
Mitchell, Parker takes it to another level.

Dirtyburt
2nd May 2012, 10:57 PM
Massive underestimation of Jude IMHO. Comparing a hard bodied in and under, who has honed his craft over many seasons, to an untried kid and a 19 y/o who has showed great potential

Melbourne_Blood
2nd May 2012, 11:06 PM
Thats exactly the point though, there is know one to replace Jude.

GoSouth33
3rd May 2012, 12:40 AM
Jude's been one of the really good players for the Swans. I look forward to him also becoming a 300-gamer. I think he's now on 284, so he should get there with an injury free season.

GongSwan
3rd May 2012, 01:39 AM
Agreat of the modern club, I look forward to him reaching the 300 mark and hope he plays on next year. Possiblt this is why Horse has kept him out of the inside duties for the most part, only bringing him in when necessary. If he looks after himself as usual, I can hope for another year from Jude

mcs
3rd May 2012, 10:13 AM
I don't think anyone is underestimating how good Jude is and has been for the club. But I think it is a definite ploy by Horse to keep him out of the middle more and more. Not only does that allow Parker more experience in the middle, but also allows us, as we did on Sunday to throw him in there when the time calls and needs necessitate doing so.

Going forward, one young gun in Mr Parker and another in Mr Mitchell hopefully will be able to fill his very big boots!

Doctor
3rd May 2012, 11:32 AM
I think we need to give Horse and his staff some credit here. He has the young guys as the genuine midfielders and the older guys play less time there so they can have a high impact when they do move on to the ball. Jude was a great shock weapon (along with Nick Smith) after half time. Maybe part of the plan is to rotate so many blokes through the midfield that the opposition can't keep up.