PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Night Update!

swansrock4eva
25th February 2003, 11:48 AM
Just posting an update on how things are going:

* most of the behind the scenes stuff is taken care of and the stuff that's not finished will be fairly soon
* Ticket sales have been appaling but admittedly i've been a bit harder to find than i planned originally. SO....

If people are coming and haven't bought a ticket so far, please PM me or send me an email ([email protected]) to let me know you are coming. If you are bringing a group along, please also let me know and we can make arrangements because I'd like to get a deposit on those bookings.

It's going to be a really great night and it's going to benefit RWO and the Malcolm Sargent Fund if you all put in a bit so do try to come along. Also consider the footy match before hand - another excuse to have some fun and meet some people you've only ever typed to!

For original details about the night, see http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57

robbieando
25th February 2003, 12:10 PM
So Gem how many tickets have you sold so far?????

COME ON PEOPLE, DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND GET THERE OR I'LL RIP YOUR BLOODLY ARMS OFF.:mad: :mad:

Mike_B
25th February 2003, 12:15 PM
We're sounding desperate aren't we? ;)

Well, we decided to put this thing on as a way of giving our members a chance to meet up and have some fun. A lot of time and effort has been put in to make this night happen, so make sure you don't miss out on what should be a great night.

TheMase
25th February 2003, 12:20 PM
And don't forget the footy match prior to the Trivia Night. Fun for everyone.

Remember, anyone can play, even you JAB ;)

robbieando
25th February 2003, 12:26 PM
Yes this is a once in a life time event that you just can't miss*. If you don't go you'll regret it for the rest of your life and it will eat away at you when you sleep and finally you'll brake and go crazy. Now we don't want that now do we??? So do yourself a favour and get a ticket and have the night of your life.

*This apply's to Sydney based people only as people interstate can't make it for reasons beyond their control. We'll try and have one later in the year for Melbourne people.

Cheer Cheer
26th February 2003, 09:28 PM
You dont work in marketing do you rob
You have a way with words ;)

swansrock4eva
3rd March 2003, 09:39 PM
Well, we've just found out about bruce bloody springsteen's concert at the SCG the same night, which means the footy match is going to have to be shifted, and parking may be a touch difficult. My advice re parking is to check out www.whereis.com.au and see what the streets are like. iirc there is limited on street parking nearby, which is metered, but there is also a secure parking station a couple of blocks away.

snajik
4th March 2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
Well, we've just found out about bruce bloody springsteen's concert at the SCG the same night, which means the footy match is going to have to be shifted, and parking may be a touch difficult. My advice re parking is to check out www.whereis.com.au and see what the streets are like. iirc there is limited on street parking nearby, which is metered, but there is also a secure parking station a couple of blocks away.

The Boss' gig doesn't start until 7.30, so a 5pm kickoff could still work. I'm assuming that the RWO match won't be 4 30+ minute quarters. Would the game not conclude by 6.30 at the latest? Is the bus stop oval being used as a car park?

Friends of mine who are going to the concert are lamenting that it may be called off due to poor ticket sales, (or maybe shifted to another venue).

swansrock4eva
4th March 2003, 08:56 PM
I think the original plan was a 4:30 start with 2 20 minute halves (Luke confirm?), which means it should be done by 5:30, 6 at the absolute latest if i can count properly, and then people have until 7 to get over to the RSL for the Trivia night. MY problem was that i'd suggested to a few people to park in the Gold Member's Carpark which obviously isn't an option unless bruce is moved/cancelled.