PDA

View Full Version : Comparison ANZ/SCG

WolfGang
9th August 2012, 11:54 AM
I am unsure on the following issues:

1) What will be the capacity of the SCG once the renovations have been completed (and when will the renovations be completed) ?
2) Will the ground be lengthened as part of the renovations ??
3) If not lengthened, will a smaller ground hurt our chances playing interstate at larger grounds ??
4) When does the deal with ANZ Stadium finish - and when it does, are the Swans going to renew it ??
5) Do the Swans have a long term view of keeping the SCG as their home ground - for all Sydney games ??
6) Or are they going to have a combination of 'blockbuster games' and finals at ANZ, while still playing the majority of their home games at the SCG ??

I feel that the SCG is currently better suited to the game plan, but looking long term - Is there a better (2nd) option of a game plan that can travel to the larger grounds - including ANZ Stadium & the MCG ??

dimelb
9th August 2012, 12:17 PM
Our game plan has no problems at Subiaco/Patersons, which I think is slightly bigger than the MCG.

Doctor
9th August 2012, 12:42 PM
I thought this was going to be another "which ground do you like better?" thread but these are good questions. I can't answer them definitively but I know that the capacity is to increase slightly, to around 48000 I think. I had read that the ground would be lengthened by approximately 5 metres I think.

3. A smaller ground hasn't hurst us playing interstate in recent years!

4. Another year or two. No idea on renewal

5/6. Definitely keeping it as home but I suspect they'll keep a couple of big games at Homebush

Cheer Squad
9th August 2012, 01:01 PM
I am unsure on the following issues:

1) What will be the capacity of the SCG once the renovations have been completed (and when will the renovations be completed) ?
2) Will the ground be lengthened as part of the renovations ??
3) If not lengthened, will a smaller ground hurt our chances playing interstate at larger grounds ??
4) When does the deal with ANZ Stadium finish - and when it does, are the Swans going to renew it ??
5) Do the Swans have a long term view of keeping the SCG as their home ground - for all Sydney games ??
6) Or are they going to have a combination of 'blockbuster games' and finals at ANZ, while still playing the majority of their home games at the SCG ??

I feel that the SCG is currently better suited to the game plan, but looking long term - Is there a better (2nd) option of a game plan that can travel to the larger grounds - including ANZ Stadium & the MCG ??

1. The overall capacity of the SCG will increase from about 45,500 to 48,000. There will be an extra 2,000 seats for SCG members, and an extra 500 seats for the general public.
2. Yes, the ground will be lengthened slightly.
3. That is a matter of debate. We've lived with it for 30 years. I can't see how how lengthening the SCG would disadvantage us.
4. a)The current arrangement lasts until 2016. b) You need to ask the club about renewal.
5. You need to ask the club.
6. Given what's likely to happen this Saturday night, and during the finals, it's hard to see the blockbuster strategy being abandoned.