PDA

View Full Version : Paul Roos confirmed for Feb 13 Event

SimonMeyer.org
29th November 2003, 06:21 AM
Hi all,

On Friday, February 13th 2004 there is a major celebrity fundraising event at Le Montage in Leichardt, Sydney.

Organised by the Simon Meyer Sydney AFL Appeal, with all proceeds to injured AFL player Simon Meyer, the night will feature a 3-course meal, drinks, sports memorabilia auction, celebrity guests and entertainment.

Paul Roos and Bill Harrigan have confirmed attendance and it is expected that Anthony Mundine, Kevin Sheedy and Matthew Lloyd will also be confirming.

We would like to extend an invitation for everyone to attend, enjoy the night and help raise funds for this very worthy cause.

View the information, register your interest or purchase tickets online from:
http://www.simonmeyer.org/feb13

Warm regards

Chris Nicholson

Troy G
21st December 2003, 04:05 PM
Happy 21st Simon...I hope it's everything that you imagined it to be before you had the accident and more!

Troy G
23rd December 2003, 10:25 AM
This is great news for local footy. I'm just curious if this is good news for Simon Meyer in anyway. I'm guessing not but would love for someone to tell me different!

The Australian Football League (AFL) recently announced a groundbreaking insurance and risk protection package that covers players from every community league and club throughout Australia.

The AFL and AFL (NSW/ACT) have worked together to make the 2004 National Risk Protection Program available to every league and club throughout NSW and the ACT. The estimated annual saving to community football leagues and clubs is in the order of $300,000 in NSW/ACT and $2 million nationally.

The package was drafted in response to findings made in the Carter Report, which established that support was needed for the 64,000 community volunteers who are struggling with the financial complexities involved in football at the grassroots level across Australia.

The 2004 National Risk Protection Program provides public liability, personal accident, non-Medicare medical, associations? liability and loss of income insurance to 3000 clubs, 10,000 teams and 363,000 players Australia-wide.

AFL (NSW/ACT) acting Chief Executive Officer, Allan McKinnon said the new scheme offered community clubs throughout NSW and the ACT the lowest possible cost with enhanced benefits.

?In an environment where insurance costs are often prohibitive for community sporting organisations, we are very pleased that the AFL has been able to achieve such an excellent deal for our clubs in NSW/ACT.?

Mr McKinnon echoed the comments of AFL Chief Executive Officer Andrew Demetriou, ?By helping to keep the cost of running every footy club in Australia as affordable as possible, we are making a big investment in the long-term success of the code."

?I think it is important to recognise the positive impact this will have on football?s volunteers. Securing insurance and risk protection has become a challenging task for volunteer administrators and as a result has also deterred new volunteers. The AFL encourages all clubs to join the program,? Mr Demetriou said.

The program is to be implemented from January 1, 2004.

Insurance broker, Jardine Lloyd Thompson, will be responsible for co-ordinating and implementing the program in conjunction with the AFL.

All senior and junior leagues in NSW/ACT have been sent a letter, insurance handbook and costs summary. The level of cover under the new policy is greater than that provided in 2003 to AFL (NSW/ACT) affiliates. As explained in the booklet, the new policy covers all clubs for the following:

* Public and products liability
* Association liability
* Personal accident
* Non-medicare medical
* Loss of income (optional)
* Umpires ? loss of income and non medicare medical (optional)

me son
24th December 2003, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately not Troy.

You will find the inception date of this new insurance program will be after the Simon Myer incident. Thus all pre-existing conditions will not be covered.

His best bet would be to go through the NSWAFL policy with Horsell insurance brokers who placed the insurance with ACE Insurance.