PDA

View Full Version : The good news..

swans_premiers
1st September 2012, 07:58 PM
We're 2 hours of football away from a home prelim.
We're playing a team with little finals experience, who havent played a top 4 team since round 9 and have been playing witches hats the last 2 weeks.

:)

jono2707
1st September 2012, 08:00 PM
We're playing a team with little finals experience, who havent played a top 4 team since round 9 and have been playing witches hats the last 2 weeks.

I feel better already! If we make it to the prelim final, anything can happen from there. I think the last few weeks have shown we're not the best team in the comp, but best teams don't always win the premiership.....

albrotha
1st September 2012, 08:02 PM
Now we are talking. When the Swans go up to win the premiership cup we'll be there. Let's all stop looking back and start looking forward.

mcs
1st September 2012, 08:05 PM

Come on you bloods. Last month has been disappointing, but its time to stand tall, stand proud and be counted! If we bring our A game, we are good enough to beat any team left in it!

#BELIEVE - SWANS 2012!

Bob Neil
1st September 2012, 08:59 PM
The other good news is the Kamrys won by a huge amount today and, in the following week, that tends to work against you in finals.
Needs a lot of support from the SA Swans and travellers.
God bless you in the city of Churches.

Xie Shan
1st September 2012, 09:08 PM
The other good news is the Kamrys won by a huge amount today and, in the following week, that tends to work against you in finals.
Needs a lot of support from the SA Swans and travellers.
God bless you in the city of Churches.

Geelong flogged Collingwood in the last round in 2011, I would have thought that loss hurt Collingwood far more than it did the Cats! From afl.com.au:

Only twice since 2000 has a team lost in its last round and won the flag, the most recent being Collingwood in 2010 when it lost to Hawthorn by three points. The Brisbane Lions lost to Port Adelaide by six points in 2002 before winning the flag.

We're not totally stuffed, but form and history are against us now... that said, we could certainly come good again, so important for players to stay positive.

dimelb
1st September 2012, 09:58 PM
Other good news is that we are playing at AAMI rather than ANZ.

Roscoe
1st September 2012, 10:01 PM

So true

I am sure we can only improve

Adelaide will be very confident and have been shielded from strong opponents with their soft draw

The pressure will be on them at home

Remember our famous victory 9 years ago at Westlakes against Port when Pickett shirtfronted Kirky

We are still a big chance with Reid back - isolated one out on a big ground

Shut down Dangerfield and Sloane and there is the answer

Some of our boys need to have a good hard look at their performances today - Reg especially

Hanners was down, but will bounce back, Jude will be better for the run

I am tipping Goodsey to be our man . We can match them all over the ground

but no more theories or talk - lets do it NOW!