PDA

View Full Version : Roos courts Kings advice

SWANSBEST
26th February 2003, 06:31 AM
http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,6040408%255E2771,00.html

Without Goddes and our other leading ruckmen it should allow Meiklejohn to spend plenty of time on the paddock for the Coffs Harbour game. The number of injuries seems a worry.

Rizzo
26th February 2003, 02:42 PM
So our ruckman are:

Ball
Goodes
Doyle
Meiklejohn
and
Hall in the forward 50.

Anyone else?

Ball should be back for round one and maybe Doyle a week or so after? Looks like we have a gap here.

desredandwhite
26th February 2003, 03:00 PM
basically it seems to be "If you are over 6ft, and near the ball-up, have a go". I know I saw Stevens and Schauble trying their hand at contests on saturday.

Doyle and Ball HAVE to be our first choice ruckmen - anyone else is simply filling a gap.

LondonSwan
26th February 2003, 03:44 PM
Is it for sure that Ball will be back for Round One - It is going to put pressure on Goodes if he isnt.

Ajn
1st March 2003, 10:44 AM
Nice inside scoop seeing stevens practice, since he is now to be 1st ruck for coffs harbour. Hope it works, he's tall enough and if able, could take on forward line ruck work for the future.

Cheer Cheer
1st March 2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Ajn
Nice inside scoop seeing stevens practice, since he is now to be 1st ruck for coffs harbour. Hope it works, he's tall enough and if able, could take on forward line ruck work for the future.

Do we really need another ruckmen/forward though for the future?
Goodes and Doyle both fit that role and they are just older than Scotty.
Our forward line is more than potent at the moment and for the future.
How about the idea of a ruckmen/defender ? Surely that is a better plan ? Especially with added height, could come in very handy.

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 03:05 PM
I agree on this - our defence looks weak with the forwards looking okay - what is the latest on Ball - anyone heard?

robbieando
1st March 2003, 04:21 PM
Still injured, don't have a clue when he will return. There was an article in the IF a week ago on him, but it was the normal "I hope to have a great year free from injuries crap" If he doesn't play we move on give Menklejohn a shot and have Doyle and Goodes do most of the ruck work.

desredandwhite
1st March 2003, 05:23 PM
It's frustrating because we saw what impact Ball COULD have in 2001 - Remember the game in Adelaide he pretty much won all by himself? This would have to be his last year in the system - it would take an amazing injury-free season to extend his career.

We're going into 2003 short a Bishop, but the pieces were picked before we "lost" Mott :) Means we're going to have to be a bit smarter this year with where and who we can get ruckwork from.