PDA

View Full Version : daneil mcpherson goes to the bombers

jude_boltons_babe
5th December 2003, 02:14 PM
for any north shore bomber fans danny has signed to play and coach the northshore bombers hope they go better next year

shearer
5th December 2003, 03:20 PM
Are you sure he is coching??. I heard he will only play a limited number of games. Jason McPherson is fuming because Daniel was supposed to join him at Wests.

Lexx Vasdekis is the coach at UNSW for 2004...

Rove
5th December 2003, 04:50 PM
Yes I heard the same thing about Daniel. From all reports he is only playing and Simon Wilson will be the coach.
I hope your mail on Lex Vasdekis is right as he is a fine young man and would make a great coach. Well done to UNSWES if this is the case. Good to see clubs are going for there on people to lead the charge. Pity Wests think they need to buy a coach each season.

Norris Lurker
5th December 2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Rove
I hope your mail on Lex Vasdekis is right It is - he has signed up as UNSW-ES head coach for next year.
And good to see Frosty playing on in the local footy rather than hanging up his boots completely.

SWANSBEST
5th December 2003, 09:31 PM
Will Frosty again be wearing the No 13 that he made so famous?

jude_boltons_babe
6th December 2003, 01:45 AM
i went on the bombers site and it said danny will be playing and assistant coach next year its great news for danny and for the bombers and other good news is that alex is now coach of the doggies

Norris Lurker
6th December 2003, 09:41 AM
a_g_b is correct, Frosty is coming on board as assistant coach as well as playing. Here's the article from http://www.northshorefc.com.au

The North Shore Australian Football Club has commenced pre-season training. While many of the players have been getting together for training runs the club had not yet set a date officially for training.

That has all changed now. Newly appointed Club Senior Coach, Simon Wilson, has announced the training days leading up to Christmas. Wednesday the 10th and 17th of December will herald the beginning of another assault on the Sydney AFL premiership when the club will train at St Leonard?s Park (adjacent to North Sydney oval) at 6.00 PM.

All senior players, Under 18 players and any new players are invited to attend training on these nights and have a good workout before the Christmas cheer takes its toll on fitness levels.

The club is also pleased to announce that former Sydney Swan, Daniel McPherson will join the ranks as a player and assistant coach for the 2004 season. Daniel brings with him over 10 years experience in the AFL which will undoubtably benefit the club immensely.

2004 is shaping up as a terrific year and hopefully the Bombers can go one better than 2003 and bring home a premiership. With the bulk of last year?s team still in tact and some exciting new recruits it certainly looks promising.

Potholes
6th December 2003, 01:45 PM
It should not even justify a response, but for all those Wests haters out there who continually bag us - you should get out of your glass houses and write things on this site that make a contribution because you obviously dont know your facts where Wests are concerned.

me son
9th December 2003, 11:32 AM
rumour has it that with mcpherson at nth shore in 2004 that many players are disgruntled as they have not yet received match payments for 2003 and only just got 2002 recently?

Rafters
9th December 2003, 12:52 PM
What a load of poop you guys come up with!!

How about setting a few New year's resolutions:

* I will promote footy in Sydney/NSW with vigour & at every available opportunity;

* I will promote & support my footy club wherever possible/feasible;

* I will encourage other clubs in their endeavours of promoting footy

* I will not write stupid postings under fake names.

Historically Sydney footy has been riddled with people employing the "tall poppy syndrome" & trying to knock other clubs.

It is time that ye all be bigger than that. Also, FYI a reality check is required if you think that there are tall poppies ... I think it is more likely that there are more small weeds surrounding them.

So well done to north Shore ... not just for signing a new quality player into the competition but for always being a competitive outfit for as long as I have known them (when was the last time they got the wooden spoon??) - sure I hate them as an opponent on the field, but step back & have a look at what they have brought to Sydney footy.

Well done to Wests for many things but especially being the smartest club with their own freehold land & premises (how much has Sydney land gone up by in recent years??) - are they the only club with a realistic long term chance of financial survival ?? Probably - so good on them if they want to buy players ... alot of people have worked hard over the years to guarantee their financial viability.

I am fed up of these "players didn't get paid" and "the league affiliation fees weren't paid" rumours that always circulate. So what? The poor management of clubs in those situations will eventually see them crumble. They don't need unsubtantiated rumours laid by people that are not game enough to put their real name on the post.

So can each club improve? Hell yeah ... the challenge is for you to improve yours & make your club richer in the experience for your presence.

Rafters
Cairns City Cobras
www.cobrasafl.com.au

Troy G
9th December 2003, 06:39 PM
* I will promote footy in Sydney/NSW with vigour & at every available opportunity;

* I will promote & support my footy club wherever possible/feasible;

* I will encourage other clubs in their endeavours of promoting footy

Yeah right!

Been there done that...easier just to go and bang your head against a brickwall, it's quicker too!...Can't help but notice lately how many very good people -who have tried to take the local game forward and do all the things written above- are leaving!

me son
10th December 2003, 10:47 AM
Rafters,

I think you are missing the point completely. Fair enough that North Shore have signed a quality player, there is no disputing the fact that Daniel McPherson is a quality acquisition for the Bombers. The purpose of my message was to in fact re-iterate the concern which is held by many of the current crop of players, whereby they have been promised rewards for their loyalty and their hard work ethic involved in competing at a high standard of football. Yes these players would probably play for nothing, but they have been promised something, yet the club has failed to deliver. Surely by posting messages such as this, it can only make a club aware of some of their shortcomings. Perhaps they believe that the glory of donning on a North Shore jersey is payment enough. I suggest to you that this is not good enough and therefore I question the signing of a quality player who will undoubtedly get paid promptly leaving the players who have committed themselves over the past two years to again suffer the indignity of not being recognised for their previous efforts.

Look forward to another beer or two at the GI me son!

Troy G
10th December 2003, 01:14 PM
Lexx Vasdekis is the coach at UNSW for 2004...

Fantastic news!!! he's a champion player and a great person.

Just such a shame that he's so unfit and unattractive! :D