PDA

View Full Version : Swans' Injury list

Reggi
15th January 2004, 07:51 PM
http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=130587

The ones you feel sad for are guys like Malceski - it makes it hard for them to show their abilities especially in pre-season cup.

It is good to see the names thataren't there

robbieando
15th January 2004, 08:51 PM
Its good to see no major injuries and most players on that list barring further issues should be fit to play early in the season. Can't remember the last time that happened

lescygnes
16th January 2004, 12:44 PM
yes Robbie, i agree

this is the smallest injury list ive seen in a long time. lets hope the luck lasts the whole season!! (crossing everything.....)

Cheers
John

Nico
16th January 2004, 05:23 PM
See that Nicks still has a back problem. You would reckon they would have found a decent Chiro in the off season to have a "crack" at fixing it, or do they still blindly stick to Physios.

Footy123
19th January 2004, 10:03 AM
Well i can almost guarantee that this will be Mathew Nicks' last season. He will retire at the end of the season because of his body and because his head isnt into it anymore. He will continue to live in Sydney though and not return to his home town of Adelaide. I think this is one season too late. He should have retired at the end of last season as he will probably play most of the season in reserves or spend most of the time on the bench. Then again, he is getting paid big bucks to be doing that due to him sign a large contract a few years back worth about $350,000 over a few years. Then again, he does provide valuable experience to a young side but is definately not worth $120,000!

BayesysLeftBoot
27th January 2004, 10:55 AM
Why would you suggest his head isn't into it? Fair enough if he has another bad season through injury this may be the case, but in an interview a few months ago he sounded pretty determined to make up for last season.

He may not be a great player but he's a swan through and through.

Good luck Nicksy

Ryan Bomford
27th January 2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Nico
See that Nicks still has a back problem. You would reckon they would have found a decent Chiro in the off season to have a "crack" at fixing it, or do they still blindly stick to Physios.

Back should clear up, now that he's ditched the girlfriend.