PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Fixture

Norris Lurker
24th January 2004, 12:13 PM
Is the 2004 draw for the Sydney AFL out yet?
Back in early December, an article in the AFL Sydney website said the draw would be released in early December - that article is still there, but no sign of the draw yet and we're in the second half of January.

Destructive
28th January 2004, 10:41 PM
Slow Pokes! If I'm in town I'm going to try to make it to a game or two.

troy34
2nd February 2004, 09:54 AM
The Draw was completed about 1 month ago but the league is waiting on an answer from the council in Nth Sydney in regard to Nth Sydney oval, there are a couple of games scheduled to be played there but can't put out the draw till these are confirmed so its not the leagues fault, I have seen the draw so if there is something you need to know just ask me and I will let you know.

Luffy

me son
2nd February 2004, 12:06 PM
Luffy,

Who do the mighty tigers play in the first round and where?

Any other first round match ups for the new PREMIER League?

Cheers,

troy34
2nd February 2004, 01:37 PM
Here's the first round games

Saturday April 17
St George v Campbelltown
Sunday April 18
North Shor v Western Suburbs
UNSW-ES v East Coast Eagles
Balmain v Pennant Hills

the manager
2nd February 2004, 05:08 PM
What about the first round of SAFL Division 1

troy34
2nd February 2004, 05:11 PM
Sorry but I only have a copy of the SFL draw, you can always ring the league and ask for Anthony who will be able to help you.

Norris Lurker
2nd February 2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks Troy34.

me son
4th February 2004, 11:23 AM
Luffy,

Any details on recruits for 2004 to bolster the black & golds?

Scarey and Meldrum backing up?

Cheers,

troy34
4th February 2004, 12:53 PM
We have recruited quite a few players for this year, a couple from the QAFL, a couple from Melbourne and as our assistant coach has contacts in the Navy about 6 Navy guys have tuned up, we are hoping for a much better 2004 but it is always a bit of wait and see how they go under match conditions. The good thing is we have only lost 1 of our quality players and he will be back in July. Carey and Meldrum are both playing again this year.

Luffy

Nedra
5th February 2004, 08:39 AM
It's easy to look good on the training track, but backing it up under match conditions is where it matters. Shane Dupuy will add some firepower up forward to Balmain after winning Redlands ( QAFL ) goalkicking in 03.

Magpies007
5th February 2004, 09:56 AM
I heard Cameron French is going to be with Balmain this year and is training well. He has had more clubs than Greg Norman - no a lot of loyalty there....

shearer
5th February 2004, 11:12 AM
Cant understand why blokes chop and change SFL clubs over a few hundred bucks, especially ordinary ones like French.

troy34
5th February 2004, 03:53 PM
Cameron didn't play football at all last year and wasn't going to play again this year but he had a kick with a few of his mates that play at Balmain before Xmas and thought he might have a run this year, it had nothing to do with money but i do agree with your point about players changing clubs for a few extra dollars.

me son
6th February 2004, 03:12 PM
Luffy,

Congrats on the recruitment drive. Guess Simon Kelly has been helping and the tigas will be roaring as loud as ever.

With Frency down there I hear a bit of movement coming into Wests. Any truth a few premiership players from the bulldogs are training with Wests and might be looking to out do us in the recruitment stakes for 2004?

Good old Navy to the rescue!

troy34
6th February 2004, 07:09 PM
Jason Mcpherson has tried to get a few of his old team-mates across and as far as I know maybe 1 or 2 may have joined him, his brothers and cousins from Easts have all gone back to Wagga

j s
11th February 2004, 01:11 PM
The draws for the SAFL Premier and First divisions are now available, though not yet online as far as I can see.

No 2nd Div or U18 draw yet though

They are too big for me to load here.

the manager
11th February 2004, 01:40 PM
can ypu please fax me a copy of the SAFL Div 1 fixture

9896 1835

Monty Burns
11th February 2004, 02:27 PM
I have some inside information that no SFL premiership players from the Bulldogs are making the trek to Wagner this year (through no lack of trying, though).

Troy G
11th February 2004, 03:30 PM
I dunno about 2004, but Cameron French in my view was one of the top players in the SydneyAFL in 2002. All the more because his early background was rugby league. It showed through in his tackling, his opponents learned quickly that he was tough and didn't take a backward step on the oval, yet he was one of the first to come forward and offer his hand off the ground. Good player, nice guy!

Oscar
12th February 2004, 10:02 AM
The full Sydney Premier League fixture list can be found on the East Coast Eagles site at www.eastcoasteagles.com.au

You can also download and print it out at your leisure.

the manager
12th February 2004, 10:14 AM
Where can i find the SAFL Div 1 fixture

Monty Burns
12th February 2004, 10:18 AM
I can fax you one on your fax number listed in your earlier post if you like.

the manager
12th February 2004, 10:19 AM
ok

02 9896 1835

me son
13th February 2004, 09:30 AM
Oscar,

Any new players turning out for the high flying eagles?

Is Rod Frost injury free and playing again this year?

Cheers,

Me son

Oscar
13th February 2004, 11:38 AM
Frosty is injury free and in deference to his coach, he has promised not to attempt walking up steps in the dark any more!!!

In terms of new players .... yes target recruiting has taken place.

As I once mentioned on this site several months ago, we are training silently and effectively without any advance hoopla that may have occured in the past with East Coast.

We'll just see how we go.

me son
13th February 2004, 01:04 PM
Good news to all eagles fans!

Sounds like things are happening down at Roger and look forward to a finals showing this year perhaps.?

Frosty needs to eat more carrots!

Rove
13th February 2004, 01:08 PM
My mail tells me they have secured a number of recruits:

Ben Macnamara- Left UNSW-ES for more money.
Joel Keating- Left UNSW-ES due to lack of opportunities.
Ben Board- ECE have got him a job at the Baulkman Hills Times but he is uncertain if he will play footy this year.
Aarron Keating- Would be a good get but appartently his body is shot and he is not really interested in taking his footy to seriously.

The big news is that after much lobbying Clint Austerberry has decided not play football this year. This is a huge loss as he is by far there only gun on-baller.

But overall I think they have done well in the off season and may well make the four for the first time ever.

Monty Burns
13th February 2004, 01:19 PM
Austerberry will be a huge loss for ECE.

Joel Keating will be a handy reserve ruckman for ECE reserve grade...