PDA

View Full Version : Roos says: too many warm-up games.

SWANSBEST
28th February 2003, 06:26 AM
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/27/1046064164828.html

treespirit
28th February 2003, 08:49 AM
Fair enough. The media seem to be paying a fair bit of attention to Roosy. Perhaps there will finally be a coach with a slightly less radical view than Malthouse/Sheedy getting a run.

CureTheSane
28th February 2003, 09:31 AM
"If Carlton beat us, they've beat us. It's no great drama for us," Roos said

Hmmmm reading that comment here by itself makes Roos sound a bit half arsed, so go read the full article :lol

But it's a great comment and should appease those who are overly worried after the Brisbane game.

It is clear that Roos does not care what we do in the Wizard cup, and that as far as he's concerned, he's happy to play practise games and give the young guys some time.

He has a plan and he's sticking to it.

desredandwhite
28th February 2003, 09:37 AM
well obviously PR is of the opinion that the entire preseason is simply a way to prepare yourself for the h&a season. Sounds good to me!

Give the kids a bit of game-time, and play the players who could use a bit of a hit-out. Maybe use the last week or two of the pre-season refining tactics for the first round.

SWANSBEST
28th February 2003, 11:08 AM
The Swans squad for the Carlton is listed in the SMH today. NO RUCKMEN ARE INCLUDED AND THE SQUAD LOOKS LIKE A PACK OF MIDGETS. Is Meiklejohn also injured? If not , I think that his inclusion would have been a good idea with no other ruckmen playing . He went OK against Essendon but has not played since . I hope that he does get not treated the same as Mott.

Cheer Cheer
28th February 2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SWANSBEST
I hope that he does get not treated the same as Mott.

Dont worry, Meiklejohn hasnt got a weight problem ;)

liz
28th February 2003, 10:43 PM
Meiklejohn must be injured. Roos isn't scared of playing the kids, so why wouldn't he put Meiklejohn in if he could. I was surprised he didn't play last week - he certainly showed enough in the previous week to suggest he wouldn't have been out of his depth - and to go into any game with only one (midget) ruckman is odd if you have other options.

I sure hope Doyle is coming along OK, injury wise...

penga
1st March 2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by lizz
Meiklejohn must be injured. Roos isn't scared of playing the kids, so why wouldn't he put Meiklejohn in if he could. I was surprised he didn't play last week - he certainly showed enough in the previous week to suggest he wouldn't have been out of his depth - and to go into any game with only one (midget) ruckman is odd if you have other options.

I sure hope Doyle is coming along OK, injury wise...

could it be that we r so short of ruck options that roosy isnt even thinking about playing any of them in case they do get injured???

Ajn
1st March 2003, 11:02 AM
He is giving plenty of the youngsters a chance, rookies however a less of a priority than the listed youngsters. Give them the majority of playing time.

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 11:23 AM
I agree

Ajn
1st March 2003, 11:49 AM
As for injuries, they happen, and as Swans we have more than our fair share, but with the development of depth it won't be an issue. Injury gives the chance for a youngster to shine, just ask B.Fixter!

Cheer Cheer
1st March 2003, 01:50 PM
Maybe Roos is asking for less games because he is sick of having no one to choose from ;)

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 02:59 PM
You are going to get in to bother lad.

:D