PDA

View Full Version : Ladder position at the end of year

gloveski
28th February 2003, 03:06 PM
I would see this year as a rebuilding year and would think a finnish around 10th about as high as we would get.

I hope I am wrong and it's much higher but you don't loose quality players such as we have without a few hiccups

problem area's

Backline Fullback, CHB,.....really need a player to step up now Dunks has retired

Ruck........we have two quality ruckmen who can play a bit but both are injury prone..............were are you Ricky

Midfield

Still a quality midfield but we need a couple of youngsters to take the load off the veterans

Strengtths

Forward Line

If we can get them all on the park we will have a forward line as good as any going around

Barry Hall, O'loghlin,Davis,Stevens will prove to be a very mobile unit and with the likes of Nicks Willo when resting and Buchanan when fit we should have plenty of strike power and thats without Goodes who will most likely play all over the place to plug gaps

CureTheSane
28th February 2003, 03:16 PM
I live in two worlds.
A dream world and reality.

In my dream world we will finish first.
I actually believe that.

In reality, of course we CAN finish first, so that is all I think about.
what can I say, I like to win :)

NMWBloods
28th February 2003, 03:44 PM
I actually believe that.

and

and

You've been drinking too much

Hmmm... :)

I reckon 11th - 12th is most likely. That equates to about 8-9 wins, which is about all I expect.

Jimmy C
28th February 2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Hmmm... :)

I reckon 11th - 12th is most likely. That equates to about 8-9 wins, which is about all I expect.

Agreed. Top half of the bottom eight for mine also. Anything better (the finals) is a great bonus.

CureTheSane
28th February 2003, 04:34 PM
Can't bring myself to say anything but first.
Much like how I can't tip against them :(

BTW, is the tipping comp sorted yet?

Rizzo
28th February 2003, 04:36 PM
I'll go for making up the numbers in the finals - 8th.

NMWBloods
28th February 2003, 05:07 PM
Except when I'm very confident we will win, or just have one of those feelings, I've nearly always tipped against us. That way, at least if we lose, I get something out of it.

Rod_
1st March 2003, 12:55 AM
Top half is prefered however as a realist I expect the learning year to be middle to lower half.

Thats of cause if we can't win the bl)*)*Ey thing!

Rod_

treespirit
1st March 2003, 07:10 AM
I expect the Dockers & Saints to improve a fair bit this year. Unless our skill level improves a fair bit in the next month (like is hasn't for years!) I expect to see us in the teens. :mad:

Ajn
1st March 2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
Can't bring myself to say anything but first.
Much like how I can't tip against them :(

6-10th is my guess, to say 10th is only 1-2games away from 6th usually, so I can't see why we would not be in the mix.

BBBH for coleman (with anger management) is a realistic chance and with that outcome finals will be inevitable

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
I live in two worlds.
A dream world and reality.

I actually believe that.

what can I say, I like to win :)

You said it CTS

CureTheSane
1st March 2003, 12:22 PM
Why do you want to be banned LS?

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 12:30 PM
Threatening me again CTS - what else is new.

Answer: Because it would prove to me that that is what you have always tried for. I prefer the truth than the diatribe like "I'll edit the hell out of him" etc that you get up to.

So prove me right about you.;)

CureTheSane
1st March 2003, 12:45 PM
But doesn't that defeat the purpose?
I mean if you try to be banned, and then are banned, all that does is achieve your goal of being banned?

Now if you were banned for being yourself, then you would be proved correct in your theory about me.
But I haven't banned you, but will if you keep on making public jabs at me.

desredandwhite
1st March 2003, 01:08 PM
Right, this thread has served its purpose. Sorry that your thread has been hijacked gloveski.

LS, CTS - if you're going to squabble, take it off the boards please.