PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Membership Packs

Jeffers1984
22nd January 2014, 05:19 PM
Just received my 2014 membership today. Standard stuff. Pencil case, Keyring, Lanyard and Bumper Sticker.

Anyone receive theres?

CJK
22nd January 2014, 05:21 PM
No hat? Was there to be scarfs this year?

Jeffers1984
22nd January 2014, 05:25 PM

Hats will be collected at the first couple of home games via the redemption slip that came in the membership letter.

I'm just a standard member, i think Premiership club gets the scarves (correct me if i'm wrong)

ugg
22nd January 2014, 05:50 PM
Yay the pencil case is back.

Primmy
22nd January 2014, 08:08 PM
I'm with you ugg, loved the pencil case! Great fit for mentos and nail files.

Mel
23rd January 2014, 10:29 AM
No magnet :( Or any pocket fixture. I like both of them.

ugg
23rd January 2014, 10:35 AM
No magnet :( Or any pocket fixture. I like both of them.
Those get sent out later don't they?

Untamed Snark
23rd January 2014, 11:30 AM
Those get sent out later don't they?

With the first magazine I thought, hope the magnet is better this year

Jenny
23rd January 2014, 01:37 PM
Hi All,

Hope you're all well. Great to see you're starting to receive your member packs!

CJK, Jeffers1984 is spot on. Premiership Club members will receive an ISC scarf as their gift this season.

I can confirm that the wallet fixture and magnetic fixture will arrive with the first edition of the magazine in early March (and good news, Untamed Shark - it's a full magnet for 2014, so should last the season well on your fridge!).

I also wanted to take the opportunity to remind you all that Member Services are here to help if you have any questions or issues - we can be reached on 1300 663 819, or try our new online live chat on Sydney Swans Membership - Proudly Sydney - Home (membership.sydneyswans.com.au). The crew are online on the live chat from 9-5pm every day to help out where they can.

If you didn't see it in yesterday's eNews, keep the 12th February free for the intra-Club match at Lakeside Oval. We're going to take redemption items for collection if you want to get in early to pick up your cap!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the stands once again this year,

Jenny

Auntie.Gerald
23rd January 2014, 02:04 PM
thanks jenny

do you know what time of the day the intra club game is scheduled for on the 12th Feb ?

Jenny
23rd January 2014, 02:13 PM
thanks jenny

do you know what time of the day the intra club game is scheduled for on the 12th Feb ?

Hi Auntie.Gerald,

Details below:

Sydney Swans intra-club match
Wednesday, February 12, 5pm
Lakeside Oval (opposite SCG). Free entry.

Hope to see you there!

Jenny

Auntie.Gerald
23rd January 2014, 02:14 PM
thanks jenny - will do :)

kangle4
23rd January 2014, 04:05 PM

I'm just a VIC based member but I had the option to buy a scarf separately when I renewed last year.

I got it in the mail a couple of months ago.

Triple B
23rd January 2014, 04:48 PM
.... try our new online live chat on Sydney Swans Membership - Proudly Sydney - Home (membership.sydneyswans.com.au). The crew are online on the live chat from 9-5pm every day to help out where they can.

I'm not seeing where I click for the live chat??

ScottH
23rd January 2014, 08:46 PM

Maybe the left work early today.

Primmy
23rd January 2014, 10:00 PM
See, she does sneak a read of the forum, you just can't hide from them........

Jenny
24th January 2014, 08:47 AM

Hi Triple B,

You should see a little black box with 'Need help?' on it pop up in the bottom right corner. The Member Services team are logged in now, and ready to help.
If you're still having trouble, let me know and we'll look into it!

Jenny

- - - Updated - - -

See, she does sneak a read of the forum, you just can't hide from them........

I had to check in Primmy! I knew you'd be happy the pencil case was back for 2014! :smile:

Jenny
24th January 2014, 09:04 AM
I'm just a VIC based member but I had the option to buy a scarf separately when I renewed last year.

I got it in the mail a couple of months ago.

We do have an ISC Member Scarf available for purchase once again this season. It's $20 (postage included), and can be purchased here:
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/sydneyswans/EN/buy/quickbuy/149

You'll need to login to your Swan-e Account to be able to complete the purchase.

Here's a sneak peek for you of what it looks like:

Please note: If you're a Premiership Club, Redback or Ultimate 11 member, a very similar scarf is already included in your membership, so no need to purchase one!

Dosser
24th January 2014, 09:43 AM
Ah, so it's red and white this year?

ScottH
24th January 2014, 12:20 PM
Ah, so it's red and white this year?

This Club is so predictable.

mcs
24th January 2014, 04:53 PM
I'm looking forward to getting my scarf - although my lucky 2005 and 2012 scarf will remain my No 1 Scarf for the foreseeable future (especially after the better half decided to wash it - she'd had enough of the smell of sweat, tea, beer, more beer, chocolate and everything else that it had accumulated over the last decade!)

I really like the pencil case, as I actually have a use for it - as it keeps all the pens I 'borrow' from work together for when I toddle off to uni :)

Swansongster
28th January 2014, 01:25 PM
We do have an ISC Member Scarf available for purchase once again this season. It's $20 (postage included), and can be purchased here:

You'll need to login to your Swan-e Account to be able to complete the purchase.

Please note: If you're a Premiership Club, Redback or Ultimate 11 member, a very similar scarf is already included in your membership, so no need to purchase one!

Glad there is no sponsor's logo on the members' scarf (in this image anyway). Will this be thee same for the Premiership Club scarf?

Don't mind sponsors' logos on members' hat but don't want them on anything else. I know the club needs sponsors and I appreciate it that they support Sydney but think it is wrong that fans pay money to be a billboard. It should be the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad there is no sponsor's logo on the members' scarf (in this image anyway). Will this be thee same for the Premiership Club scarf?

Don't mind sponsors' logos on members' hat but don't want them on anything else. I know the club needs sponsors and I appreciate it that they support Sydney but think it is wrong that fans pay money to be a billboard. It should be the other way around.

ugg
28th January 2014, 08:02 PM
I received mine today; putting the two pencil cases side by side the 2014 model is about 20% taller but I prefer the material and design of the 2012 version.

Meg
28th January 2014, 10:41 PM
I'm still waiting, waiting .......! Hope it's on its way.

Primmy
29th January 2014, 07:13 PM
I received mine today; putting the two pencil cases side by side the 2014 model is about 20% taller but I prefer the material and design of the 2012 version.
picky picky - I like this one. It will fit my biscuits better.

- - - Updated - - -

picky picky - I like this one. It will fit my biscuits better.

ugg
29th January 2014, 08:26 PM
You put biscuits in your pencil case?! I hesitate to look inside your bikkie tins

Industrial Fan
29th January 2014, 09:20 PM
You put biscuits in your pencil case?! I hesitate to look inside your bikkie tinswhy? just pencils in there..

jono2707
29th January 2014, 10:29 PM
Got my pack today. Yay.

Big Al
30th January 2014, 06:25 AM
You put biscuits in your pencil case?! I hesitate to look inside your bikkie tins

I don't carry pencils anymore. They tend to ruin the IPad screen. Don't carry liquid paper for the same reason.

Primmy
30th January 2014, 09:49 AM
I'm with you Al. Just muesli bars, square rice crackers, etc. could also be turned into a sunglasses case as well. so many things, decisions decisions.

swansrob
31st January 2014, 08:01 AM
I'm with you Al. Just muesli bars, square rice crackers, etc. could also be turned into a sunglasses case as well. so many things, decisions decisions.
My girlfriend thought it was a make-up bag, so there's another option

DamY
31st January 2014, 08:54 AM
My girlfriend thought it was a make-up bag, so there's another option

You must have a pretty girlfriend. My makeup bag needs wheels

Big Al
31st January 2014, 09:13 AM
You must have a pretty girlfriend. My makeup bag needs wheels

Lol...

My girlfriend is seriously gorgeous. She only has one serious flaw in that she's sadly fictitious. Not everyone's perfect.

DamY
31st January 2014, 09:15 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/6eba8ygu.jpg

After 3 hours of makeup haha

ScottH
31st January 2014, 09:27 AM
Lol...

My girlfriend is seriously gorgeous. She only has one serious flaw in that she's sadly fictitious. Not everyone's perfect.

Jessica Alba is not fictitious.

Big Al
31st January 2014, 09:36 AM
Right on brother...

Jess and I have a magical relationship. Every time I talk to her she disappears.

Zlatorog
31st January 2014, 11:51 AM
I haven't received mine yet. It was dispatched on 16/1 (according to the status), but hasn't arrived yet. Is this the right time to start panicking?

Jenny, should I give the membership department a ring?

goswannie14
1st February 2014, 12:04 PM
Lol...

My girlfriend is seriously gorgeous. She only has one serious flaw in that she's sadly fictitious. Not everyone's perfect.I thought your GF was going out with JPK.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol...

My girlfriend is seriously gorgeous. She only has one serious flaw in that she's sadly fictitious. Not everyone's perfect.I thought your GF was going out with JPK.

Primmy
3rd February 2014, 04:51 PM
Oh Al.....

Xie Shan
3rd February 2014, 11:32 PM
Oh Al.....

He's doing his best to keep this forum going until the season starts...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Al.....

He's doing his best to keep this forum going until the season starts...

gossipcom
5th February 2014, 08:15 PM
My pack (plus my nephew's pack) arrived in the past week. I was more shocked that the return of address if needed was in Hong Kong! :hmmm

Zlatorog
7th February 2014, 12:58 PM
My pack (plus my nephew's pack) arrived in the past week. I was more shocked that the return of address if needed was in Hong Kong! :hmmm
Yeah, I've received mine today and it was sent from HK. Maybe the club should tell us that, because I started panicking last week why I haven't received it yet.

iigrover
10th February 2014, 11:58 AM
Jenny,
For next year's membership pack, would it be possible to have an option to choose a Flat Peak member's cap, instead of the Curved Peak baseball cap? Much the same way as its offered to Melbourne Rebel's members.
Perhaps this could be done by ticking a box at the time of membership renewal, and if you dont you default to the curved baseball cap, to allow time for finalising numbers, ordering etc.
I know a lot of younger members - and young at heart - would be interested in this as an option, and would actually wear their hat instead of not.
Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Jenny,
For next year's membership pack, would it be possible to have an option to choose a Flat Peak member's cap, instead of the Curved Peak baseball cap? Much the same way as its offered to Melbourne Rebel's members.
Perhaps this could be done by ticking a box at the time of membership renewal, and if you dont you default to the curved baseball cap, to allow time for finalising numbers, ordering etc.
I know a lot of younger members - and young at heart - would be interested in this as an option, and would actually wear their hat instead of not.
Cheers.

liz
10th February 2014, 12:04 PM
Jenny,
Cheers.

My guess is that it would cost the club considerably more to offer different options on caps than a single one. I'd rather than club spends every spare dollar on improving the team's performance than offering minor merchandising differences to members (on freebies).

iigrover
10th February 2014, 02:15 PM
My guess is that it would cost the club considerably more to offer different options on caps than a single one.

Id be surprised if the wholesale costs of flat vs curved peaks is materially different. But I'm no cap manufacturing expert, so Ill defer to greater minds on that one.

I guess the real point is that, IMO, in recent years the membership dept has done a great job in moving with the times to attract and retain new fans. I think this could be another small but very visual way of doing so.

While Im sure the marketing folks in the membership department are all over this, five years ago, I never would have predicted the success that cricket has had in attracting large, young, and high paying crowds to State vs State cricket matches (Big Bash league). They?ve done a great job in making State level cricketers and their fans look exciting, cool, etc. Fans who never would go to State level cricket game want to go and be a part of that crowd.

So maybe the answer is change all member hats to the style currently worn by Swans players and fans under the age of 40, and retire the 1990s style baseball caps. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is that it would cost the club considerably more to offer different options on caps than a single one.

Id be surprised if the wholesale costs of flat vs curved peaks is materially different. But I'm no cap manufacturing expert, so Ill defer to greater minds on that one.

I guess the real point is that, IMO, in recent years the membership dept has done a great job in moving with the times to attract and retain new fans. I think this could be another small but very visual way of doing so.

While Im sure the marketing folks in the membership department are all over this, five years ago, I never would have predicted the success that cricket has had in attracting large, young, and high paying crowds to State vs State cricket matches (Big Bash league). They?ve done a great job in making State level cricketers and their fans look exciting, cool, etc. Fans who never would go to State level cricket game want to go and be a part of that crowd.

So maybe the answer is change all member hats to the style currently worn by Swans players and fans under the age of 40, and retire the 1990s style baseball caps. ;-)

stellation
10th February 2014, 02:17 PM
My guess is that it would cost the club considerably more to offer different options on caps than a single one. I'd rather than club spends every spare dollar on improving the team's performance than offering minor merchandising differences to members (on freebies).
A quick squiz at the online shop suggests there's about $10 difference between the retail cost of a flat versus a curved peak cap- $30 vs. $40. Default prices for merchandise from a footy club isn't normally cheap, so we can probably guess there's a standard 50% mark up applied- so you could argue $15 vs. $20 as cost to the club. Obviously getting 30 thousand odd caps all the same would be ludicrously cheap, but probably still costs -something- that's factored into the overall marketing equation. I don't think there'd be an issue with giving an option to, say, tick a box and pay an extra $20 for a different type of cap- and if there are people would prefer that sort of cap I assume they'd know they're more expensive and may be willing to do so.

I wouldn't get one, I don't really like them (I'm not a big fan of caps either way) but I don't see any harm in someone highlighting it to the membership department as a future consideration.

liz
10th February 2014, 02:18 PM

Having two different options would be more expensive, rather than one being more expensive than the other.

liz
10th February 2014, 02:18 PM

Having two different options would be more expensive, rather than one being more expensive than the other.

Dosser
10th February 2014, 03:57 PM
I heard our cap was artificially peaked by the COLA

swansrob
10th February 2014, 09:09 PM

A lot of it comes down to fabric. The New Era/59Fifty styles are, I believe, mainly a wool or wool blend. Wool is a hell of a lot more expensive than cotton (which itself is a lot more expensive than it was only a couple of years ago). The other option is an acrylic fabric, which is actually cheaper than cotton, but has similar characteristics to wool. Another factor is freight - flat peaked caps are more expensive to ship as they require larger cartons than curved peak, cotton caps.

Personally, I don't wear caps; but I prefer the cotton, curved peak version we're currently getting to flat peaks (and yes, I'm under 40).

DamY
11th February 2014, 07:34 PM
I already pay for flat caps, wouldn't mind a members flat cap for an extra fee. But I guess that's what swanshop is for? I guess the bonus for the club is that if you catch them at membership renewal time, you cut out the temptation of buying from rebel or other suppliers $$$

Doctor
14th February 2014, 04:40 PM
The 2014 cap is a ripper FWIW. Picked it up at the Intra game t'other day.

DLBIA14
10th July 2014, 05:32 PM
Don't know if somebody can help me with this (called the membership office but I guess I was half an hour too late), but I'm trying to purchased upgraded seats for the Hawks game as a premiership club member. For some reason when I enter my barcode number on the ticketek site it tells me the numbers are invalid? It is a matter of something wrong with my membership or has some members only ticket allocation been exhausted? Cheers in advance.

erica
10th July 2014, 05:36 PM
Are you putting in the barcode number? I made mistakes earlier in the year by putting in my membership number by mistake.

Meg
10th July 2014, 05:50 PM
I used my Premiership Club entitlement some time ago but as I recall you need to manage it from your Swans online member account. Are you starting from there?

DLBIA14
10th July 2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah tried my barcode number Erica to no avail. Thought I might of stuffed up the typing at first, but no that didn't seem to be the issue. I was under the impression Meg that if you were wanting general admission entry you'd use the member account manager, but if you were to purchase upgraded reserved ticketing you'd need to purchased them through ticketek? :confused: I'll check again! Maybe I got that confused.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys! :redface:

DLBIA14
10th July 2014, 06:53 PM
Ah think I've figured it out! Seems you're right Meg. You do have to register for the game via the members account page and then purchase from ticketek once registered with the barcode from the print at home ticket. Feel like a dolt for missing that! Thanks guys.