PDA

View Full Version : How did we miss Pratt

Syd Swan
25th February 2004, 12:54 PM
Having watched Brisbane v Hawthorn last night on Austar, I decided to look up one of their young guys who played a fantastic game down back. When I looked at the Lions players profiles, it said that Pratt is a boy from Westmead in NSW. He looks a ready made backmen and would be very handy for the Swans at the moment. It says he was taken no 16 2002 rookie draft, anyone know who we took ahead of him, if we took anyone at all.

penga
25th February 2004, 02:22 PM
PERSONAL DETAILS
Name: Daniel Pratt
Guernsey Number: 37
Date of Birth: 21st March 1983
Place of Birth: Westmead, Sydney
Height: 185cm
Weight: 86kg

CAREER HISTORY

Drafted by the Kangaroos at the end of 2000, Pratt spent two years with feeder side the Murray Kangaroos without being given a chance at senior level.

He had appeared set for an early debut after several promising displays in the 2001 Ansett Cup pre-season competition, but the opportunity never eventuated.

The youngest player on the ground in the losing Northern Eagles grand final side of 2000, Pratt had been a solid performer earlier that year with the state under 18 side.

In fact, Pratt won the Most Consistent trophy for Queensland at the national titles in under 18s and twice in the under 16s.

He played state junior football from the age of 11 and hails from the tremendous nursery of Australian rules players at Aspley in Brisbane?s northern suburbs.

Current Lions Jamie Charman, Robbie Copeland, Shane Morrison, Luke Weller, and Joel Macdonald all played alongside Pratt at Aspley at some stage.

The active Pratt is continuing his university studies in business this year, while also working shifts at Hart Sport in Stafford.

from that i gather that while he was born in westmead he grew up in QLD

Charlie
25th February 2004, 03:33 PM
We took Heath James.