PDA

View Full Version : Swans Supporters Inc - Discussion (split thread)

Ajn
1st March 2003, 10:56 AM
SSI? sorry did I miss something? What is it all about?

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 11:41 AM
Dont hold your breath waiting for a response - this board is well known for doing an ostrich on anything they dont like or dont like hearing. I have been waiting on a response on this for awhile. Not even Lizz will give an answer.

But as near as I can guess they were not favoured by the current Sydney board as this RWOL board appears to be.

SSI were behind the encumbent getting the coaching position and while my opinions are well known on this subject, I admire the fact that they took on the establishment and won.

RWOL after the board gave the nod appear to have jumped on the bandwagon. A bit like backing the horse after he has won, then you rewrite the history.

RWOL seems to be the party voice much the same as PRAVDA used to be in the Soviet Union. Criticise sacred cows and you get the threats. :rolleyes:

desredandwhite
1st March 2003, 12:08 PM
I don't quite understand your concern here, LS. Are you saying that you're blaming RWO for the non-response from SSI re: the questions some posters have? Oh, and you'll find that the board in general has no problems criticising poor performances if they appear justified.

Ajn, SSI stands for Swans Supporters Inc - their website is here - http://swanssupporters.org - I do't have any strong opinions one way or another on them, in fact I know very little about the motivations and plans they have - that's why I wanted to organise a Q&A session with them.

Charlie
1st March 2003, 12:24 PM
LS - WAY OFF!

First of all, while SSI claims to be behind the appointment of Paul Roos, this is incredibly doubtful. The leader of SSI simply started a petition and held a rally outside the SCG. IIRC, SSI didn't actually exist at the time. Give the Swans management a little credit, I doubt they cater to vigilante groups.

RWO has no political connections with the SFC Board or SSI. We are not "favoured" by the Sydney board. We have not "jumped on the bandwagon", and we are not a propoganda outfit. Due to an unwillingness from SSI to communicate to us up to now, there is a considerable amount of distrust on RWO.

Before making comments about things you have no idea of, think a little.

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 12:27 PM
Charlie

By asking in this way I get the answers I need - not the invective my name seems to bring out from some. Your comment was intelligent, informative and gave me some idea of what has been happening.

For what it is worth - thanks.

Way off but got an answer.

Andy

CureTheSane
1st March 2003, 12:28 PM
Nice 'general' comments you are posting at the moment.

I have one to

"you wake up, click on the RWO link, and all you get is bitching and moaning from disgruntled little girls who have no idea about how to act in an online community"

Oh, and before you report this thread to me again, those comments most definately were NOT directed at you.
Have a nice day London Swan my GOOD FRIEND

LondonSwan
1st March 2003, 12:33 PM
I tend to be selective with friends. I wasnt referring to you CTS my best buddy.