PDA

View Full Version : Swans Tragic Travels

wolftone57
21st May 2014, 08:19 AM
I am a Swans tragic and I will be travelling to SE Asia for 6 weeks. I was worried about seeing the Swans matches and thought i would have to sign up and pay for AFL International Streaming. I was wrong. In all the countries I visit, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam there are Aussie bars or just local sports bars that show every AFL game or if there are two conflicting games replays. I am looking forward to this experience and will make a list of the bars and post when I return.

Good luck everyone and I hope you have happy barracking.

ScottH
21st May 2014, 08:46 AM
Enjoy your trip!!

aardvark
21st May 2014, 10:52 AM
Australia Network in on most TV's through South East Asia. They show some games and have a very good wrap up show usually on tuesdays if I remember correctly. Have a great trip!

CJK
21st May 2014, 10:57 AM
Issue with the Australia Network (apart from it's being killed - thanks Smoking Joe) is that they select their games at the beginning of a season so a top 4 decided will not show and they'll have 10th vs 14th.

Very annoying.

And they do not show all games so @wolftone57 would double check your bars as it's likely to be AusNetwork.

Ludwig
21st May 2014, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately the next 3 Swans games will not be televised on Australia network.

You can check this website for the schedule: AFL Broadcast (http://legacy.australianetwork.com/sportslounge/afl.htm)

Go Swannies
21st May 2014, 03:01 PM
I've just got back home from three weeks in Canada. I subscribed to Watch Live AFL Footy - Stream AFL Live Online at WatchAFL (http://watchafl.afl.com.au) for $5 for a month and saw the Lions, Hawks and Bombers games. The reception was good - even when my email wasn't (there's a settings button where you can let the site decide the quality or set it yourself). For $5 or $10 it's pretty good to be able to lie in bed in the early hours and watch the game live. Often the Australian network is far from live.

Nico
21st May 2014, 03:32 PM
I am a Swans tragic and I will be travelling to SE Asia for 6 weeks. I was worried about seeing the Swans matches and thought i would have to sign up and pay for AFL International Streaming. I was wrong. In all the countries I visit, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam there are Aussie bars or just local sports bars that show every AFL game or if there are two conflicting games replays. I am looking forward to this experience and will make a list of the bars and post when I return.

Good luck everyone and I hope you have happy barracking.

Wolfy, I am in Phuket right now. I was In Bangkok for a week a few weeks back. Good city. Although there have been warnings about martial law it is only in a small part in the north of Bangkok around the parliamentary area. My tour guide said the city was safe and we went through the block where the military have now blocked off. In Phuket you wouldn't know there was an issue. The rest of the country is fine. Have a good trip. Great region to visit. Cambodia is interesting. Phnom Phen is busy. 108 street has a bar restaurant that shows the footy.

Beer o'clock is 1pm today. Cheers.

Ludwig
21st May 2014, 04:28 PM
Wolfie, I live in Chiang Mai and know SE Asia pretty well. Don't know how the heat suits you, but it can be very hot a humid this time of year, especially up north and inland areas. So if you're not a hot weather person, best to stick to coastal areas and take a dip in the ocean. The Cameron Highlands in Malaysia is a good area to escape the heat, and not all that far from Phuket. With 6 weeks to travel, you shouldn't miss Ankhor in Cambodia. Rent a bike to get around. Take the day trip on Tonle Sap lake. Ankhor is the best attraction in SE Asia. Cheap flights to Siem Reap from Bangkok. Happy travels.