PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat 12?

aardvark
30th June 2014, 10:47 AM
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-two-wins-away-from-breaking-an-80year-record-of-12-wins-in-a-row/story-fndv8ujy-1226971227985

With upcoming games against WC and Carlton 12 looks possible. Beating the Hawks to break the record would be sweet!

mcs
30th June 2014, 11:30 AM
I'd love to think we can make 13 wins on the trot, as from there we would be in the box seat for top 2, which I think is going to be critical this year. I think any of the top 4 will genuinally think they can win the flag, but two guaranteed home finals will be a big help come finals time.

swansrob
30th June 2014, 12:54 PM
two guaranteed home finals will be a big help come finals time.

Two SCG finals would be phenomenal

mcs
30th June 2014, 01:38 PM
Two SCG finals would be phenomenal

That ain't going to happen, but one day in the future we can dream of getting some finals back at the SCG.

Rod_
30th June 2014, 06:35 PM
As the fans and paying public this is what we want. SGC finals! Demand it!
(Bugger that I have moved to HK for work!) But I am voting with my post because it is a better venue by a mile!

Rod_

MightyBloods
1st July 2014, 02:43 PM
...and I remember the days when South Melb lost 29 in a row...broke the drought against the Cats at the Lakeside Oval.....it was like winning a grand final! You have to love what the club has achieved since and a sober reminder.

barry
1st July 2014, 05:45 PM
As the fans and paying public this is what we want. SGC finals! Demand it!
(Bugger that I have moved to HK for work!) But I am voting with my post because it is a better venue by a mile!

Rod_

Last weeks crowd in the "derby" suggests the fans may be ddemanding something else.

CJK
1st July 2014, 06:25 PM
Last weeks crowd in the "derby" suggests the fans may be ddemanding something else.

Indeed - decent opposition.

Finals should ensure that. Kinda how the system is set up to work i believe.

O'Reilly Boy
2nd July 2014, 08:30 AM

Something other than sub-zero windchill factor